SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#41108 - 02/04/02 05:25 AM Can anyone assist?
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Could anyone please tell me where i could download or purchase a backing for "I've got a gal in Kalamazoo".I have eight "ageing rockers" wanting to perform it on our club concert. I am so busy and they want it YESTERDAY.I can't convince them to change to another song because "We've already learnt the words" and thats no mean effort for these guys in their 70's.I'll burn the midnight oil if necessary but someone may have the answer, Heres hoping. Cheers jean.

#41109 - 02/04/02 06:15 AM Re: Can anyone assist?
Jean Olivia Offline

I forgot to add that i still have my K.N. 5000 which may make things more difficult. Jean.

#41110 - 02/04/02 06:27 AM Re: Can anyone assist?
technicsplayer Offline

This was on a Technote disk in composer format, USA Volume One - Dance Band, file 9, which may still be available in 3000 or 5000 format.

I've probably got a midi file somewhere, but you can't play left hand with that.

#41111 - 02/04/02 08:58 AM Re: Can anyone assist?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Jean - A midi for this tune is available at a site you can reach by doing a search on Macs Midi Magazine Big Band Edition ... I haven't heard it, so don't know if it's suitable for you.... and as long as your not using it for profit, I THINK it's ok to use.... at least you might have something to work with....
good luck,
t.

#41112 - 02/04/02 05:03 PM Re: Can anyone assist?
Jean Olivia Offline

Tony. I found this one but it is'nt suitableas we want a Big Band version.The guys are part of a group of Seniors who over the last 10 years have performed over 150 concerts for various good causes that we have adopted.I do all their music, but at the start of the year they want everything at once and I'm not a professional -I never had a lesson until I retired. Alec. i will chase up that "style" file at Technote. it may help. I really need a file with the Melody line in as that syncopation is soooo hard and I am a perfectionist and an amateur at the same time. It doesn't matter if I can't play along with left hand - I just need this one as a song.Thanks for all your suggestions. Jean.

#41113 - 02/04/02 08:39 PM Re: Can anyone assist?
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Jean, I've found one here as well. You see, its not "that" easy knowing the exact style you want until one hears it. anyway, i played these Swing/big band songs tonight on my KN6500, along with the one you want of course. It may be wrong for you, but it sounds nice and swingy on my KN I assume they are OK to use freely! (they do requestsd BTW)

Swing Machine's MIDI Archive

Jupitar5

#41114 - 02/04/02 11:48 PM Re: Can anyone assist?
Jean Olivia Offline

Thank you Alec,Tony and Jupitar. I have found a great style and am going well with it. The melody is'nt so difficult after a few tries and I know that although I will be so fussy about getting the syncopation right they will sing it on the beat anyway.Cheers Jean.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online