Zoom H2
Behringer Xenyx 1202FX
Tascam US 122 Audio interface
Audacity 2.1.1
Power Tracks Audio 10
Nero 9 Suite
Yamaha S950
iPad 2

Is there anything here that I can pair up to simply record some demo tracks? I like the Boss, but it uses those older SM cards. I still have a couple, so I could use that. The Tascam US122 is the older model and I don't think it will work with Win10. The Behringer mixer only has 1/4" and RCA outs. The PC and iPad programs have my head whirring.

I've seen the Tascam DP 006 and 008ex recorders and think I'd really like to get one of them. Any for sale?

#410835 - 11/04/15 06:32 PM Re: Looking 4 easy to use multi-trk recorder [Re: cassp]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Why don't you just use Audacity and your PC? You would have unlimited tracks to work with and a great editing system as well.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#410837 - 11/04/15 07:16 PM Re: Looking 4 easy to use multi-trk recorder [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

#410851 - 11/05/15 04:50 AM Re: Looking 4 easy to use multi-trk recorder [Re: cassp]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Gary and everyone - what's the best way to input into a PC? USB or thru the mic/headphone jack? Any special cables or a simple adapter.

I would like to go the Audacity route.

#410852 - 11/05/15 05:04 AM Re: Looking 4 easy to use multi-trk recorder [Re: cassp]
Dnj Offline

for the cleanest signal use an Audio USB interface in to the PC..

#410861 - 11/05/15 08:09 AM Re: Looking 4 easy to use multi-trk recorder [Re: cassp]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Cass: It really depends on what your goal is. Do you want to just record a straight take? Then recording to a USB stick on your 950 and transfer tracks to PC via USB. Are you singing live with your performance...again, record to USB stitch and transfer to PC. Do you need overdub capabilities? You could record basic track on your 950...transfer to PC and use either Audacity or Power Tracks to add additional tracks. Behringer makes a simple USB interface that they actually gave away with the mixer you have. Model number is UCA 200. Just take the RCA outs and ins from your mixer and plug RCA cables into the RCA ins and outs on the interface. You may have to download "asio4all" driver from the internet (free download from multiple web locations) to get it to work properly. Power Tracks is probably the easiest program you have for recording as Audacity is a nice program, but loaded with techie features. I believe Power Tracks can burn CD's or output mp3's depending on what your planning to do with the final product. You Tascam interface may work...but Tascam is famous for dumping product support and moving on to new products. Again, asio4all driver may allow the Tascam to work with Windows 10. Trying to utilize your ipad for recording can be done...but I've been doing computer recording for many years and have found the ipad a clumsy and frustrating device for recording. I've purchased many ipad interfaces and recording apps only to find that Apple (being the arrogant company they are) eliminates many of the hardware interfaces compatability with every ios update. I believe Behringer makes another more feature enhanced USB interface that's quite cheap but similar to the UCA 200. Again...it all depends on what your
final product is intended for and whether you want straight take recording or multitrack recording. But either way...it appears you have more than enough options to.accomplish your task without running out and spending a bunch of money. It also depends on how familiar you are utilizing the hardware and software you have. Key is, keep the technology out of the way and let your performance be the main factor.

Hope this offers a little help,
Jingleman

#410862 - 11/05/15 08:11 AM Re: Looking 4 easy to use multi-trk recorder [Re: cassp]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
TascAm DP 32 I have one and it is great buy the video to learn you will love it .

#410864 - 11/05/15 09:25 AM Re: Looking 4 easy to use multi-trk recorder [Re: cassp]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Tascam is a nice unit but, unfortunately they eliminated the CD drive from the newest version. So your still going to have to transfer the SD card tracks to PC for cd burning.

Also...your dealing with a much smaller screen for editing. Young eyes fine...old eyes...not so much.

You could probably find a cd version used on eBay. There is something to be said for just plugging in and go.

Jingleman

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online