SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#410368 - 10/29/15 08:14 AM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: guitpic1]
KORG80 Offline

That was pretty incredible. Never heard of this song. Leave it to Donny, our resident music historian to dig this up. I heard the fellow on the mike say it was an old Mills Brothers tune. I consider myself more informed today than I was yesterday. Thanks Donny.

God Bless,
Don

#410369 - 10/29/15 08:17 AM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Boo, I'll stop using those sites when you post something better. Those are the chords I Use to suit my vocal range. Obviously, they are transposed from the original.

C'mon, gimme something to work with!

Gary

"If you guys don't make a real effort to post things here with the right chords, I'm gonna stop listening.

Gary,

There's your cue. Start recording. laugh

Jerry

Edited by Jerryghr (10/29/15 08:25 AM)

#410370 - 10/29/15 08:22 AM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: Jerryghr]
KORG80 Offline

Donny's videos should make Boo smile! Serious jazz by musicians with incredible skills.

God Bless,
Don

#410371 - 10/29/15 08:22 AM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The rendition of More I was trying to emulate was the one by Montovani, which I've always thought was the best.

Boo, as stated above, I play this song in the chords that are suitable to my vocal range - not the original chords. That said, I have a couple dozen Hal Leonard books, and sitting down with them and manually transposing the chords to my vocal range would take several hours for each of the thousands of song I currently perform. That's nuts. And, many of the songs I've checked out on those sites that you condemned were identical in chord structure to the Leonard books. Granted, some didn't have dozens of passing chords that I could not play if I wanted to, but some of the sites did have them.

Next, you criticize our audiences, to which I take offense. By and large, our audiences do not consist of Peabody trained musicians, but for the most part they are highly educated individuals who reside at these facilities because they have outlived their bodies. The are quite intelligent and they know what kind of entertainment they enjoy. Over the years, I have become friends with many of them, I've performed at their wedding anniversaries, visited them when they've been hospitalized and attended their funerals.

Your arrogant (they suck)post did nothing to help anyone, especially me, the guy that has helped you so many times over these many years when your PC was screwed up, and spent hours on the telephone walking you through the technical problems you could not solve on your own. Your comments were anything but constructive criticism. I considered not posting the song on this forum for that very reason. When I get CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, such as that received from Uncle Dave when I posted Merry Christmas Darling many years ago, I was able to garner his information and transform the song from something awful to something that my audiences loved to hear every Christmas. What I get from my old friend Boo is "You suck at music and why did you post this horrible rendition that hurts my ears. It's not in the original chords and it's not jazz, so it sucks." Essentially, you're telling me and others that if we don't play the way you enjoy playing, we should not be entertainers and arranger keyboard players, especially if we make our livings doing so.

All the best from a jive-asssed musician/entertainer,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (10/29/15 08:26 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#410387 - 10/29/15 09:12 AM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Damn, I'm getting old...spent more time listing to Brian play than I did watching his daughter shake her ***!

Especially liked the musical reference to "Moanin" at the end. Brian's GREAT!

Check out Les McCann's version of "Compared to What, with Eddie Harris. A real protest song, banned fro the air.

Les is from Lexington, and almost single handedly led the charge from R&B into Fusion, my favorite kind of music to play.

Russ

GOOD STUFF. ALL!

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (10/29/15 09:14 AM)

#410388 - 10/29/15 09:20 AM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ray Benson. Love Asleep At The Wheel.

#410392 - 10/29/15 09:55 AM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

#410395 - 10/29/15 10:05 AM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: Saswick]
travlin'easy Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Here you go Gary, in your key, you really must try harder to keep Boo happy rolleyes

Col

PS: Please don't forget the Bm6/G# in bar 20 laugh

Col, those are the same chords I used, I downloaded them from Chordie.com.

Thanks, and I'll try not to piss off Boo by not uploading any more songs to this site.

Gary cool

#410397 - 10/29/15 10:18 AM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks, Gary. I watched the whole thing...there's a monologue by Harris at the end that's hilarious!

the version I normally refer to is on from the 60's,. but this one it GREAT!

Thanks,

Russ

#410398 - 10/29/15 10:39 AM Re: More, an old song from the 60s that I cannot... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Those guys are really incredible musicians.

All the best,

Gary cool

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online