SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#408854 - 09/25/15 01:35 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: adimatis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: adimatis
I don't believe it will happen, but this could've been the best chance for Roland to break into the software arranger systems.
I think there is a potential market for this, obviously the first one to try could have an advantage for the years to come...

Well, I guess it's too risky and maybe not worthwhile, but just imagine. A software arranger from Roland!

Indeed, I am increasingly curious who will be the one of the major players who will take this big step. And when.

I dont think there is enough money in software arrangers, as people allways seem to want software for free..

I am talking about a hardware arranger module witouth screen, where you use an ipad as the touchscreen interface instead of a local screen.... much like the ipad app of the integra 7.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#408855 - 09/25/15 01:39 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: ]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
...well, if they attach the Ipad, I am all for it! wink

I understand what you are saying, we'll see how things will develop with Roland arrangers.

I just hope they add a proper break fill to styles! ;P

#408856 - 09/25/15 01:52 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: adimatis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: adimatis
...well, if they attach the Ipad, I am all for it! wink

I understand what you are saying, we'll see how things will develop with Roland arrangers.

I just hope they add a proper break fill to styles! ;P

I dont mind if its Roland that does this, tough they seem like the most likely since they are currently really pushing things in different directions..

But i could also see Korg creating such modules based on Kronos or PA4x

However, i dont think yamaha will set this step with one of their topmodels, if they ever do so, they will try a lower tier instrument, and then wonder why it didnt work out..

There is one thing i know for sure, workstations and arranger workstations in the traditional 19" rack module form will not work, you want the controlls directly in reach

#409051 - 09/30/15 06:29 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

By the way it seems to be back on the German website of Roland

http://rolandmusik.de/products/bk-7m/

Which makes me doubt it is discontinued at all

#409052 - 09/30/15 06:39 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Bachus
By the way it seems to be back on the German website of Roland

http://rolandmusik.de/products/bk-7m/

Which makes me doubt it is discontinued at all

Is it really back or hasn't it been removed yet? Don't give Roland Germany any credit, the support has become ridiculous since they moved from Norderstedt to the Rhine-Main region, dismissing all former employees. I and some other users of a German forum have tried several times to get some hints about future updates, products etc., they have absolutely no idea about Roland Japan's activities.

#409056 - 09/30/15 07:19 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: ]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Still showing on the Roland UK & US websites, also in stock at Thomann and Music Store Germany

Bill

#409063 - 09/30/15 07:58 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

I know, probably some available from stock. But it says Discontinued on Roland.com when searching for it.

#415025 - 01/21/16 01:52 PM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

The "DISCONTINUED" notice on the BK-7m page of the Roland.com website has been removed. The BK-7m is listed again there.

#415039 - 01/21/16 11:02 PM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: ]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
The Roland Integra-7 has been mentioned a few times here. I just discovered it and listened to a few demos on Youtube. I thought it sounded great! Is it that popular? The nearest one to me to listen to is at Frank's place.....a bit of a drive.

So, those who have one, what do you think of YOURS? I might just take the drive.

BTW.....I happened to call Roland just last week about the Integra and when I asked about the BK-7m, they said it was still in production.

Mark

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online