SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#408797 - 09/24/15 03:43 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: ]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
How would this differ from the Integra so as it wouldn't compete, or, would they discontinue the Integra ?

#408800 - 09/24/15 04:53 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
How would this differ from the Integra so as it wouldn't compete, or, would they discontinue the Integra ?

it would be an arranger module in the formfactor of the bk7... and not a 19' module like the integra... i think those are very very different things

http://keyszone.boards.net

#408801 - 09/24/15 05:13 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Such a module wouldn't need to have ALL of the Integra's 6,000 (!) tones, but a good share of the SN Acoustic tones (more than the 22 of the BK-9) and good expandibility with virtual SRX expansions. But I don't think it would be wise of Roland to make it much more expensive than 1,500 euros, as the market of higher-priced arrangers is thin and due to Roland's weak position and image in this segment it may be too much of a business risk in their current situation.

#408805 - 09/24/15 07:47 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Such a module wouldn't need to have ALL of the Integra's 6,000 (!) tones, but a good share of the SN Acoustic tones (more than the 22 of the BK-9) and good expandibility with virtual SRX expansions. But I don't think it would be wise of Roland to make it much more expensive than 1,500 euros, as the market of higher-priced arrangers is thin and due to Roland's weak position and image in this segment it may be too much of a business risk in their current situation.

They could also choose to create something new... Like hardware controller for an arranger app running on an ipad using the sounds of the integra 7... They could sell a controller the size of a bk7 for €300 complete with the app using some basic sounds... And let people upgrade their basic set with an integra 7 ...

There is more ways of selling arranger modules..

#408815 - 09/24/15 10:01 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: Bachus]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
Yes Bachus... I do agree with you that there is a market for high end arranger modules. arranger keyboard manufacturers could create a segment of its own if it were to give all the functionality and sonic capability of a TOTL arranger keyboard into a module. I would not mind even if it's longer than the bk-7m form factor but smaller than Audya 4 grin

Auron Music

#408819 - 09/24/15 10:53 AM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: ]
mc2pereira Offline

Loc: Campo Grande, MS, BRASIL
Eu quero um Módulo tyros5 ou um Mólulo PA4x.

#408824 - 09/24/15 12:51 PM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

We had the arranger Module period years ago its old news now...
looks like it didn't make money for manufacturers so they have moved on. Computer programs can do so much more. I never liked hooking up all those wires every time to set up either. We are lucky to still have arranger KB's to enjoy the few companies that still make them for now.

#408829 - 09/24/15 03:55 PM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Dnj
looks like it didn't make money for manufacturers so they have moved on. Computer programs can do so much more. I never liked hooking up all those wires every time to set up either. We are lucky to still have arranger KB's to enjoy the few companies that still make them for now.

The sales figures for the BK-7m were obviously quite good (number of reviews as said above). It makes a lot of sense for those who don't want their main instrument to be an arranger keyboard but rather a synthesizer and who don't want to carry two full-size keyboards.

#408838 - 09/24/15 05:56 PM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: Dnj

The sales figures for the BK-7m were obviously quite good (number of reviews as said above). It makes a lot of sense for those who don't want their main instrument to be an arranger keyboard but rather a synthesizer and who don't want to carry two full-size keyboards.

Not only synth players...

Piano players
Accordeon players
gUitarists
Singers
Organists
I.e. Every musician wanting auto acompaniment, and not just keyboardists

#408851 - 09/24/15 10:32 PM Re: Roland BK-7m discontinued! [Re: ]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
I don't believe it will happen, but this could've been the best chance for Roland to break into the software arranger systems.
I think there is a potential market for this, obviously the first one to try could have an advantage for the years to come...

Well, I guess it's too risky and maybe not worthwhile, but just imagine. A software arranger from Roland!

Indeed, I am increasingly curious who will be the one of the major players who will take this big step. And when.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online