SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#408147 - 09/11/15 12:26 PM No right hand...?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Was I mistaken or did I read recently that someone plays arranger and either doesn't play any solo material or doesn't use the right hand at all?

Russ

#408148 - 09/11/15 12:31 PM Re: No right hand...? [Re: captain Russ]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Probably Henni.

#408155 - 09/11/15 01:12 PM Re: No right hand...? [Re: captain Russ]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Forget about that.
While ago there was a country that had a president running it with no brains at all...hehehe

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#408179 - 09/12/15 12:33 AM Re: No right hand...? [Re: captain Russ]
Bachus Offline

I know an OMB that plays an arranger witouth any hands, just midi files and keys switched off...

The guy however has an awesome voice, charisma and is an entertainer.

He is quite popular as a performer at weddings and other parties.

Making more money then most regular bands.

Its a shame, espescially since he is fammily...

Edited by Bachus (09/12/15 12:34 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#408288 - 09/14/15 09:35 AM Re: No right hand...? [Re: Bachus]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Took a look back. It was Henni, and he said, " Even if my chord timing is not perfect and even if I have no clue how to play instruments for real with my right hand..."

Not trying to be confrontational at all, but Henni, how do you perform?

Russ

#408291 - 09/14/15 09:55 AM Re: No right hand...? [Re: captain Russ]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

Our tastes vary. Some of you, although you are very good, your music just plain bores me do death - there's just no life or wow in it for me although you play extremely well. Every verse sounds just like the previous one... As you know, I like for wow things to happen in music & in my case, I let the arranger do it for me. And I always build every song up slowly towards a climax. No repetition verses if I can help it.

But then hey, I don't play in an relaxed environment where a audience sits around casually sipping on a martini or something or have a quiet meal whilst we play... Neither do we play for folks who are not far from going to sleep on a permanent basis. I can NEVER operate in that environment - I'll scare them to death before due date!

In the case of my new style demos, the idea is to let you hear the style, not impress you with my skills as a musician (which I NEVER said I was to begin with) But I do have in in me to use whatever is on-board the Audya to add some new, very realistic stuff to it. I always wonder by myself where all you "SUPER professionals" are whenever I'm creating all of this stuff...

Say what, me & Monica will do a recording soon using one of my new styles & I'll post over here. Then we take it from there. We receive our share of compliments too after our "performances".

To end my reply, the opinion some of you have of yourselves as "super" musicians makes me wonder why you are not out performing with the likes of Elton John, Madonna, VanGelis or the rest of them. They do not just esteem themselves as being super talented, they live the lives to prove it. And none of them perform at the venues most of you do...

Cheers,

Henni

#408295 - 09/14/15 10:25 AM Re: No right hand...? [Re: Henni]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi,

Our tastes vary. Some of you, although you are very good, your music just plain bores me do death - there's just no life or wow in it for me although you play extremely well. Every verse sounds just like the previous one... As you know, I like for wow things to happen in music & in my case, I let the arranger do it for me. And I always build every song up slowly towards a climax. No repetition verses if I can help it.

But then hey, I don't play in an relaxed environment where a audience sits around casually sipping on a martini or something or have a quiet meal whilst we play... Neither do we play for folks who are not far from going to sleep on a permanent basis. I can NEVER operate in that environment - I'll scare them to death before due date!

In the case of my new style demos, the idea is to let you hear the style, not impress you with my skills as a musician (which I NEVER said I was to begin with) But I do have in in me to use whatever is on-board the Audya to add some new, very realistic stuff to it. I always wonder by myself where all you "SUPER professionals" are whenever I'm creating all of this stuff...

Say what, me & Monica will do a recording soon using one of my new styles & I'll post over here. Then we take it from there. We receive our share of compliments too after our "performances".

To end my reply, the opinion some of you have of yourselves as "super" musicians makes me wonder why you are not out performing with the likes of Elton John, Madonna, VanGelis or the rest of them. They do not just esteem themselves as being super talented, they live the lives to prove it. And none of them perform at the venues most of you do...

Cheers,

Henni

In the end when playing for an audience there is only one thing important, is the audience enjoying itselves?

And when playing and doing stuff for yourself as a hobby player, the most important thing is, are you having fun?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#408296 - 09/14/15 10:36 AM Re: No right hand...? [Re: Bachus]
Henni Offline

My own composition, using the Audya...

Attachments
EgyptoKanaan.mp3 (33 downloads)

#408297 - 09/14/15 10:38 AM Re: No right hand...? [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

This should demonstrate my point sufficient...

Attachments
HOSSANNAHKONINGJESUS.mp3 (37 downloads)

#408301 - 09/14/15 12:18 PM Re: No right hand...? [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi,

Cheers,

Henni

Actually Russ HAS performed with many of the big-time guys, and he still does some. He is too modest to talk much about it.
Can't recall anyone referring to themselves as super performers here.
Several of us are blessed to be able to make a living doing what we love, playing music.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online