SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 29 of 39 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39 >
Topic Options
#407366 - 08/26/15 09:05 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Have now set up a couple of registrations with song titles and
that is very satisfying. On we go.
I found that the vols. needed adjusting and now sounds quite a bit better. Time is a good teacher. Lloyd

#407401 - 08/27/15 09:08 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

I have found that AJ is most helpful in helping one to understand the functions of the Ketron SD 7. He offers
what other keyboards do not. I am happy about that.
Thanks AJ. Lloyd

#407418 - 08/28/15 07:38 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Finding difficulties setting up my own presets and having
the four variations to my liking. AJ is promising solutions
so I will hang on until I can do all that I want to to make
the SD 7 my machine. I must say Yamaha is better when it comes to making ones own registrations. Must give the Ketron some time. Lloyd

#407420 - 08/28/15 07:57 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tyrosman5
Finding difficulties setting up my own presets and having
the four variations to my liking. AJ is promising solutions
so I will hang on until I can do all that I want to to make
the SD 7 my machine. I must say Yamaha is better when it comes to making ones own registrations. Must give the Ketron some time. Lloyd

Whats are your concerns maybe we can help?

#407422 - 08/28/15 08:31 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Lloyd, if I can help give me a call. Or send me your phone number. Not too much I haven't figured out about the registrations. I find them much easier than Yamaha!

#407428 - 08/28/15 12:06 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: DonM]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

May I join the queue ?

Got my SD7 two days ago and have been struggling with the OS so far. One would expect that having owned the X1 for the last two years and my extensive experience with programming for Korg arrangers it would be a piece of cake but I find it pretty awful to tell the truth.Too early to decide which side of the fence I will be coming down, but I have also emailed AJ with the following questions:

I know there is an overall EQ setting via the SDP button.
I also know that the solo voices can be EQ-ed in the Edit mode.
However where can I EQ the acc. voices in arranger section ?
There is a page where you can change most anything on the acc.
tracks ranging from volume to pan, reverb , chorus et. but
NO INDIVIDUAL EQ ??

When the style uses an AUDIO drum track, why can I not change it and replace it by a "normal " (MIDI) drumtrack ?

Why is het that usersounds that I create can not be used to replace sounds in the accompaniment section ??

If any of you can shed light on these queries, be my guest !!

kind regards,
John Smies

P.S. thank you Deane, Donny and Don for the software you sent me

#407429 - 08/28/15 12:25 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
1. Press and hold Live EFX button. Page will open where you can edit style parts, but I think this is overall, not individual styles. You can also edit Right, Bass, Drums and Player from this screen by selecting which parts you want to change.

#407482 - 08/30/15 12:27 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: DonM]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: DonM
1. Press and hold Live EFX button. Page will open where you can edit style parts, but I think this is overall, not individual styles. You can also edit Right, Bass, Drums and Player from this screen by selecting which parts you want to change.

thank you Don. It is not the same thing though. As a matter of fact the things you refer to have to do with the Filter and REsonance. Shame really. Also got answer from AJ to these question which runs thus:

John.

1. There is no individual eq for the accomp style tracks on the SD7 with OS 1.0 Only the Audya series has this feature in the entire Ketron line.

2. The Audio track is managed differently than on the Audya which allows you to use both Audio and / or Midi drums. The SD7's editing capabilities are less than the Audya's.

3. User sounds can't be used with accompaniment tracks with OS 1.0.

Thanks.

AJ

All in all not what I was hoping for and I don't think the coming update will do much about this. Still undecided about keeping it or going for the PA900

regards,
John

#407570 - 09/01/15 01:09 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Hey Don,
Nice easy going piece. Got some good stuff in the SD 7.. Lloyd

#407606 - 09/02/15 10:59 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Got to say, played another gig with the SD7 yesterday and it was astonishing how the residents react to the SD7. I have always gotten a lot of nice comments but these are physical reactions to the rhythms of the SD7. Really nice to see.

Just about ready to sell one of my Tyros 4s. let me know if you might be interested.

Deane

Page 29 of 39 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online