SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#40630 - 05/03/02 11:40 AM Re: Where are you all?
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Bert,

I'm pleased that you find the sound mix enjoyable. The positive comments I've received encourages me to search for more nice sounds. Bedankt mijn vriend! (Thank you my friend).

Chuck

#40631 - 05/03/02 12:44 PM Re: Where are you all?
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Re string sounds, I recollect, a long time ago in the Technote Mag. an article by, I'm sure it was Frank Bez, (Frank, am I correct?) about Mantovani Strings, and Frank came up with, Deep Rich Strings, which were great, I'm sure I have them on a disc somewhere.
If not Frank's I'll hunt out and post. Walter.

[This message has been edited by Walter McLaren (edited 05-03-2002).]

#40632 - 05/03/02 04:50 PM Re: Where are you all?
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Walter,
You are quite right about Deep Rich Strings. I actually have a dozen or more various string ensembles which include auto pans etc. I guess if there was some interest among the members, I could put them in some orderly form and make them available. Let me know.
Frank

#40633 - 05/03/02 07:03 PM Re: Where are you all?
Dave Shively Offline

Loc: Calimesa, Ca, USA
Hi Frank,
I'll bet the members would be interested in your setups of various strings. I know I would be. I do have your "deep rich strings" and they are super. The strings are one of my favorite instruments on the KN 6000 keyboard.
Best Regards,
Dave Shively

#40634 - 05/03/02 10:12 PM Re: Where are you all?
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Hi Bebop, I'm here too, and like a lot of other readers, I'm involved with things that spring brings - cleaning up after winter and enjoying the outdoors and new flowers that are constantly refreshing my senses. I check in to the forum at least once a day to see what's going on, but don't always have something to say or any knowledge to impart, so I don't stick around for long.

I see Benno Kattenat has joined the forum - haven't seen his name in some time.

I am finding it harder and harder to come up with good sounding combinations for styles and have been stripping sounds from old files and doctoring them up to get something that sounds even a little different. With a little coaxing even a cello can sound good when mixed with a french horn, but how many times would anyone want to use that combination? It's a real chore, and since no one has invented new instruments, it's up to us, as arrangers and players, to put our imagination to work and find that special combination that makes the magic sound people enjoy listening to. That's what made the old band leaders famous - sound imagination. I'm tapped out. Anyone have any new suggestions? I still like the french horn, though.

#40635 - 05/04/02 06:48 AM Re: Where are you all?
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank Bez:
Hi Walter,
You are quite right about Deep Rich Strings. I actually have a dozen or more various string ensembles which include auto pans etc. I guess if there was some interest among the members, I could put them in some orderly form and make them available. Let me know.
Frank

Super Frank, I would be delighted to have your strings, and no doubt other members would be in for a treat also. Walter.

#40636 - 05/04/02 10:32 AM Re: Where are you all?
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
REGARDING STRINGS

Okay folks. Please give me a few days and I’ll post them as a new subject.

Frank

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online