SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#40610 - 05/01/02 09:09 PM Where are you all?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
We have only 3 posts on our forum today and 2 of them are mine. We have only 4 posts in the last three days.
I was just at the General Arranger Keyboard Forum and they have 126 posts so far today.
Is there a problem here?
Lets hear from everybody.
We have 2998 posts on this forum now, and we started with 747 on January 15th.
WHATS NEW and NEWSY. Lets all share with each other.
Can we hear from some of our new members. How do you like the forum so far. What can we help you with. What are you working on right now. Do you have any songs to share with the members.
Helloooooooooooo. LQQKING for you

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://members.fortunecity.com/bebop1

#40611 - 05/02/02 12:33 AM Re: Where are you all?
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by gilbert:
Hi Bill,
As a new member to the Technics Forum, Keyboards and computers, I have found that the topics which have previously been posted on the Forum have given me the answers to most of the difficulties and problems that I have experience todate.I have struggled with some terminology which has muddied the waters for me on occasions but I have always received instant helpfull replys to all postings that I have made.There is also considerable direct contact between members outside of the Forum platform and I personally have recieved considerable help from fellow members which has envolved a considerable amount of time and effort on their part, for which I am very gratefull.Unfortunatly I am not able to share my hobbies within my direct community there being no clubs or forums to facilitate this therfore have found the Technics Forum has extended my enjoyment of my hobbies by allowing me to be part of world wide club of like minded music lovers all of whom I would like to consider as friends.I hope in the future to be able to positively contribute to the forum and perhaps be able to enhance the plesure of other members in the way they have enhanced mine.I am woking on a couple of songs at the moment which will be my first ever and look forward to shareing them with my friends
Happy Playing and Best Wishes Gilbert
I would like to add that I do not think we sould be to concerned about the performance of other Forums but the ethos and quality of our own which I am sure Bill you are, after all, we are only a small section and part of a wider music world and within that the Technics Forum is tops
Gilbert

#40612 - 05/02/02 01:10 AM Re: Where are you all?
technicsplayer Offline

there is the world of difference between quantity and quality... what's such a big deal about number of posts? anybody can post rubbish!

#40613 - 05/02/02 02:50 AM Re: Where are you all?
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Where am I? I'm still here and I check in several times each day. I agree with Gilbert and Alec. Quality, not quantity, is what has made our forum successful and enjoyable for all our members. Want to know what I did yesterday? No? Well, I'll tell you anyway. I sat down at my KN, set it up with Symphonic Srings in R1 and Left, and Bass Ensemble in R2 (no magic there but I love that full, rich sound), then grabbed a music book and played every song in it rubato. Grabbed the next book, and the next . . . and before I knew it, several hours had passed. Wonderful! Almost as satisfying as a holiday on a South Pacific Isle. I have learned so much about my keyboard and how it works because we have super people who generously share their expertise with all of us. It is QUALITY stuff. If we suddenly have a quiet period on the forum, I suspect it is because folks like me,Ted Rose,Mike Harrison, and others are hovering over our KN's experimenting with the solutions given to us in response to our questions. On the other hand, Bebop, your initiative, enthusiasm, and cheerleading is QUALITY stuff, too. We need an active moderator. Keep up the good work!

I've said my piece so for me it is back to my KN, music books, and those rich strings!

Chuck

#40614 - 05/02/02 06:07 AM Re: Where are you all?
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
I'm going to try your set up, Chuck, but what is rubato? Is that a musical term I haven't learned yet?

#40615 - 05/02/02 06:25 AM Re: Where are you all?
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Tried your set up sounds great
Gilbert

#40616 - 05/02/02 10:10 AM Re: Where are you all?
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Benno Kattenat:
hi beebop, check this forum twice dayly its the best one for us , remember spring is here, you are doing a great job. regards BENNO

#40617 - 05/02/02 10:34 AM Re: Where are you all?
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by lrngkybrd:
I'm going to try your set up, Chuck, but what is rubato? Is that a musical term I haven't learned yet?

Technical term for mistakes!!! Walter

#40618 - 05/02/02 10:49 AM Re: Where are you all?
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Irngkybrd - somewhere I have a book on musical terms but like many things it has disappeared but I think that rubato means played without rhythm - with feeling - expressively. Forget 4/4, 3/4 timing. Hey someone help me out with this I'm not explaining this too well!!!

#40619 - 05/02/02 10:51 AM Re: Where are you all?
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Forgot to say thank you to Chuck for a super sound,

Peter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online