SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#405290 - 07/21/15 06:30 PM Re: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow [Re: cgiles]
KORG80 Offline

Hey Chas,

I have a sneaking suspicion that you could play Carole King's arrangement. That is far beyond my meagre piano playing skills. I was always the guitar guy who thought most of that transitional stuff was unnecessary. I know better though because I always appreciate a well played piece of music. Man, some guys can even do that stuff on guitar. The Lord blessed me with a voice more than anything and I thank Him every day that my 69 year old voice is the same as when I was a 19 year old Beatle wannabee. My keyboard and guitar skills are a constant work in progress so I really did appreciate your critique and encouragement.

God Bless,
Don

#405291 - 07/21/15 07:45 PM Re: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow [Re: KORG80]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: KORG80
Man, some guys can even do that stuff on guitar.

Yeah - Captain Russ! If you can, listen to some of his guitar stuff (buried somewhere here in a video posting). Of course he's a Jazz guitarist and we know those guys just like to show off smile smile. He's a pretty decent vocalist too - check out his "What are you doing the rest of my life" - one of my all-time favorite SZ performances.

chas

#405318 - 07/22/15 08:53 AM Re: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Take a great song and add the personal stamp you get when a real talent does it. Ollie Wilson's version is GREAT....sensitive and subject to all kinds of interpretation.

Of course, Carol, the writer, was helped on the posted version by James Taylor, who sang harmony.

All around, folks, a pleasant, useful, courteous exchange....except for the remark about that dumb ole jazz guitar dude.

Thanks. We should do this kind of thing more often.

Russ

#405344 - 07/22/15 07:10 PM Re: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow [Re: KORG80]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
...especially for my bud Chas:

...and Russ smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#405357 - 07/23/15 08:22 AM Re: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow [Re: KORG80]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Thanks Larry. I knew Charlie very well. I used to play in his Aunt's club in suburban Philly back in the day. Charlie used to stop by quite often (that was before his semi-hit with 'More today than yesterday'). A real nice guy. His thing was playing a lot of crowd-pleasing, heavy funk licks (at maximum volume). He was a great 'bar' performer (like Groove Holmes) although a lot of other players of the time (Don Patterson, Johnny 'Hammond' Smith, etc.) were technically much better organ players. Charley WAS king of the funk though, and I was very sad when he died.

chas

#405374 - 07/23/15 12:51 PM Re: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
little rough in the changes department...like my friend Winston Walls, but he was "happenin".

Thanks, Larry!

R.

#405415 - 07/23/15 09:47 PM Re: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow [Re: Saswick]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Saswick

Don, Here's a PDF file of the dots, hope this might help with the chords.

That Emaj chord should be Emaj (sus/4th)...(Bmin7th to an Emaj)

and the A min to F (the magic of your sighs) should be A min to G to F.

I'm sure it would be written like that in the original.

Mark

BTW......I absolutely love the Shirelles. The beauty of their songs was in the simplicity. And, let's face it, if you're working with only 4 chords (1st 8 measures) I figure you've got to be genius to come up with a melody different from all those 50's era composers.

Then there's that incredible sequence in Color My World (Chicago)!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online