SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#405317 - 07/22/15 08:44 AM Re: Touch screen...an advantage? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
The larger touch screens, such as on Korg PA900 and Ketron SD7 are wonderful. Saves time and effort, particularly when using the large on-screen typewriter layout to enter names for registrations, styles, etc.
I don't know of anyone who has a larger touch screen on an arranger who would want to go back to all buttons.
The critics are nearly always people who have not tried them.
We aren't talking about phones here. Many of them are too small for my big old fingers, so I use voice recognition more and more.
My concern is that arranger users who are blind find it much easier to operate with the old-style buttons and sliders.

ditto cool2

#405322 - 07/22/15 10:01 AM Re: Touch screen...an advantage? [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
First time I turned on my T5, that was the first thing I though. Why isn't the whole tilt screen a touchscreen??? Would have been much better.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#405334 - 07/22/15 02:17 PM Re: Touch screen...an advantage? [Re: mirza]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
First time I turned on my T5, that was the first thing I though. Why isn't the whole tilt screen a touchscreen??? Would have been much better.

I agree .....Honestly when I saw what direction Yamaha is going with these new models I decided to step away,...No Touch screen and sub standard Vocal Harmony processor being top of the list for my needs..

#405339 - 07/22/15 03:56 PM Re: Touch screen...an advantage? [Re: mirza]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: mirza

The first thing that came to mind when I heard the T5 was "Damned that thing sounds great!" Touch screen never even crossed my mind. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online