SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#405330 - 07/22/15 01:29 PM Re: Korg Pa900 Recording test [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Much better, Fran - I knew you could do it! One of favorite songs to sing and play, too.

Very, Very good,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#405332 - 07/22/15 01:39 PM Re: Korg Pa900 Recording test [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Nice to hear all these boleros. Here's one my wife and I did. It's an old standard called "Sabor a mi" I used a Tyros 2, GEM digital piano, and my friend Jason played sax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEwfyXVeCa0

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#405333 - 07/22/15 02:13 PM Re: Korg Pa900 Recording test [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Some random thoughts about this thread:

1) Donny started it as a test of the on-board recording feature of the Pa900...
2) DonM then played a Bolero to compare the styles...
3)Colin and Gary jumped in playing 'Bolero' styles,but the styles kind of took a 'back seat' to vocal presentations - which were well done, by the way ...
4) While Donny 'ad-libbed' a Bolero style song, it sounded authentic enough to me...
5) DonM, Colin, and Gary performed songs that I would not think of if someone asked me to play a Bolero - and they all seemed to work ...
6) Fran played 'Besame Mucho' ("Be same" in his words wink ) which IS a song I would think of if asked for a Bolero ...

I guess this all shows the versatility of arrangers and their players ...

BTW - IMHO, from what I could hear, I preferred the Pa900 and SD7 styles to the others ... I enjoyed the sax sound on the SD7, which is an area I think the Pa900falls short except for the 'Soft Latin Sax' voice, but I was not thrilled with the brass sound ...

But then, what do I know ?!?

Tony I agree with some of what you said, ........although some of the KORG Saxes IMO do lack something you can go into sound editor and do some amazing things if one knows how to get the sound you like to a degree,....Korg arrangers are not OOTB units but they give the player the freedom to really get in there and make it their own for sure as it should be ..

#405336 - 07/22/15 03:35 PM Re: Korg Pa900 Recording test [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Some random thoughts about this thread:

1) Donny started it as a test of the on-board recording feature of the Pa900...
2) DonM then played a Bolero to compare the styles...
3)Colin and Gary jumped in playing 'Bolero' styles,but the styles kind of took a 'back seat' to vocal presentations - which were well done, by the way ...
4) While Donny 'ad-libbed' a Bolero style song, it sounded authentic enough to me...
5) DonM, Colin, and Gary performed songs that I would not think of if someone asked me to play a Bolero - and they all seemed to work ...
6) Fran played 'Besame Mucho' ("Be same" in his words wink ) which IS a song I would think of if asked for a Bolero ...

I guess this all shows the versatility of arrangers and their players ...

BTW - IMHO, from what I could hear, I preferred the Pa900 and SD7 styles to the others ... I enjoyed the sax sound on the SD7, which is an area I think the Pa900falls short except for the 'Soft Latin Sax' voice, but I was not thrilled with the brass sound ...

But then, what do I know ?!?

Tony I agree with some of what you said, ........although some of the KORG Saxes IMO do lack something you can go into sound editor and do some amazing things if one knows how to get the sound you like to a degree,....Korg arrangers are not OOTB units but they give the player the freedom to really get in there and make it their own for sure as it should be ..

And I totally agree with you ...

#405338 - 07/22/15 03:50 PM Re: Korg Pa900 Recording test [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Paul, very, very good. I remember this song from many years ago when Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme' performed it - WOW!

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (07/22/15 03:52 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#405341 - 07/22/15 04:14 PM Re: Korg Pa900 Recording test [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
Nice to hear all these boleros. Here's one my wife and I did. It's an old standard called "Sabor a mi" I used a Tyros 2, GEM digital piano, and my friend Jason played sax.

Paul as usual a fantastic job your wife is an amazing singer
I Love that song!!!!
cool2 Thanx

#405367 - 07/23/15 11:04 AM Re: Korg Pa900 Recording test [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks Donny for your kind words. Gary, I love Eydie Gorme renditions of Spanish language songs.

It's been fun hearing Korg, Ketron, Roland, and Yamaha all represented by SZ members. We should do this more!

Edited by montunoman (07/23/15 11:05 AM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#405409 - 07/23/15 07:58 PM Re: Korg Pa900 Recording test [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman

Oh NOOOoooo ...... I was enjoying it sooo much, I almost fell off my chair when it ended so quickly !!! ...

BEAUTIFUL !!! ... one can only imagine the nights of beautiful music in your home ... clap clap clap

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online