SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 26 of 39 < 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 38 39 >
Topic Options
#405055 - 07/17/15 08:58 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have commented quite a bit. It is a great keyboard. Sounds great, OS is easy to use.
It is not in its final state yet. Ketron and AJ are working on updates that will address areas that will only make it better.
I'm using it every night with no real problems, but I'm anxiously awaiting the updates and improvements.
These include additional fingering modes, association of text files, PDFs, and JPGs with Registration.
Most of the factory styles sound great, but a number need tweaking as far as balance between style parts and between styles and lead sounds. Easy to do though.
Scheduled free upgrades include addition of multi-pads, which will be great. I hope most of these will be done by end of the month because Ketron, as much of Italy, shuts down in August!
The SD7 is heavier and longer than my last few keyboards--in fact all of them since I had the Audya. As I get older that may become a problem, but I really don't have to handle it because that is pretty done for me at home and when I get to my regular job.
I have purchased a small folding luggage dolly that I can use when and if I have to carry it very far. The SD7 in itself is not that heavy, but in the Ketron hard case, it gets up there in my "uncomfort" zone.
I do have a rock n roller cart but seldom use it because it is heavy in itself and overkill for my needs most of the time. If I have a situation where I must transport gear quite a ways, and there are no stairs involved, then I can take the RnR cart. I seldom have a situation such as this anymore.

#405058 - 07/17/15 09:48 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
To Tyrosman5,
I am a first time Ketron keyboard owner. Within one week I was able to take the SD7 on it's first gig - I posted the videos here. I have found it very easy to use and the sound is very good. I don't sing and have not used nor experimented with the VH. I have used the media player and it is really cool. I have also changed style parts and edited drum kits to fit my needs - all of which I have never done with other keyboards-mostly because it is really easy to do with the SD7 and very intuitive. I have been a Yamaha player for 10 years and have also owned Korg and Roland keyboards. I like the SD7 and am considering selling my 2 Tyros 4 keyboard and purchasing a 2nd SD7 as a gig backup. Feel free to PM or email me if you have questions about how we use the SD7 or other questions. Like Don said in his post, we are expecting an OS update which will make the SD7 even better. We just hope Italy gets it out before August when they close down for the month.

Deane

#405243 - 07/20/15 04:18 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Today I bought a Ketron SD 7 from Frank@Audioworks. Thougt long and hard before taking the step but I do believe that Ketron
is going to be a leader in the keyboard field. I am happy to join all the rest of the Ketron owners.
Will share info. after receiving the Ketron which will not be in my hands for approx. 3 weeks. Till then my Tyros 5-76 will be
my keyboard. Plan on keeping the Tyros 5-76 as it is a great
board. Lloyd

#405244 - 07/20/15 04:29 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Best of luck with your new board ... keys

#405245 - 07/20/15 05:03 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: tony mads usa]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Great news Lloyd. I sure am enjoying mine. I also have a Tyros 4. I tried the T5 but decided to just keep the T4.

Deane

#405298 - 07/22/15 05:21 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Thanks for the replies, appreciated. Lloyd

#406771 - 08/10/15 09:40 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
angel1000 Offline

Hi guys, I wish to understand the audio track function better, hopefully someone can answer my inquiry. Does the song already have to be in a special surround sound format, does it have to be purchased? or do you just load any wav file and it turns it into a special file with six tracks.

#406775 - 08/10/15 10:12 PM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It must be in a special format. There are lots available for purchase, I'm told.

#406794 - 08/11/15 05:15 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

The songs MUST be in "SURROUND FORMAT" which you can buy..
to be used this way to seprate the tracks it is explained in this demo...

#406804 - 08/11/15 08:14 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: DonM
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By: DonM
And what does that have to do with Ketron SD7 review thread? smile

Just a comparison for educational purposes. No harm intended

I forgot to mention that your recording sounds amazing. I did enjoy the Korg PA900 a lot and the VH is outstanding.
I am getting into the SD7 more each day and have the VH sounding very good. Awaiting updates that should take the programming a little deeper.
Be warned that to make the Korg, or any vocal harmonizer sound that good, you have to have a voice as great as Dave's, and that is a very rare thing!

That's why I love ya, Don!

Page 26 of 39 < 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 38 39 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online