SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#402708 - 05/24/15 06:10 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: DonM]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Here is a quick recording with the KMA.
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/xc5ZbuySce/Waltz_Across_Texas.html

Deane

#402880 - 05/27/15 09:22 PM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
If you remember a few years ago when I had a Kord Micro Arranger.
I recorded a two part Out of the Box Demos the day I received it here is Pt1 again so you can hear what this little gem can do enjoy!

https://app.box.com/s/43qjghct6e2xpnk3nxxb2grbdvl304hs

Donny,

With Nigel’s permission, I’d like to make some comments, observations and opinions here.

I was impacted by your statement above because of that last musette demonstration you presented a few years ago where you again stated you played a KMA “right out of the box.”
So I took the time (that I really didn’t have) to go down to the library and listen to your demo of the KMA that you played “right out of the box”.....on miniature keys no less.

Donny, there is nothing you could possibly do (other than to film yourself playing that keyboard “right out of the box”) to convince me that was YOU playing that demo. That was a pro demo player trying to sound like an amateur doing that demo (to show new purchasers what can be done with the board).

I listened closely. That’s not your style or your creativity. Possibly you did Spanish Eyes at the end, but clearly not that string orchestra piece. Everything in between could have gone either way, but the playing was too “clean” for that to have been you “playing right out of the box.”

I pulled up all of your demo’s that I had on my hard drive (alongside Don’s, Gary’s, Tony Mad’s, etc. They were all the same “style”.....and mostly singing with very little instrumentation.. But, may I mention.....kudo’s to you.....your “We’ll Meet Again” was excellent, absolutely top notch. I listen to it frequently.

I said it before and I’ll say it again. That musette accordion piece in the middle was definitely not played by you. It was played by someone who does that stuff regularly. I’ve been playing musette accordion for 35 years now and I’m quite good at it and quite familiar with the music. I, myself, can’t even play musette that clean on a “flat” keyboard “right out of the box.”

Now, if you DO want to film yourself playing those songs (“right out of the box”) I’ll be the first to admit I’m wrong and eat every word I said. I will also buy Nigel one of B.B. King’s “Lucille” guitars, and make a huge monetary contribution to Gary’s maritime retirement fund. I’ll present Ian with a three manual Ketron Audya to bring him out of retirement, and I’ll hand build a massive Assisted Living residence in South Jersey where Bill Lewis can have all the work he wants. I’ll even contact Scotland Yard to do a search for Tony Hughes so he can witness this controversy all over again. Sorry I couldn’t do anything for Don ‘cause he already has an idyllic life!

Please.....prove me wrong.....do that video.....and I‘ll never be an “unbeliever“ again (and spend two wasted hours of my day at the library!).

Mark

#402894 - 05/28/15 04:07 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
smile smile smile smile

Hey Mark, I also have a recording of ME playing Flight of the Bumblebee on a juice harp that that you might enjoy smile smile (plus, I was only two yrs old at the time).

smile

chas

#402900 - 05/28/15 05:37 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark79100
If you remember a few years ago when I had a Kord Micro Arranger.
I recorded a two part Out of the Box Demos the day I received it here is Pt1 again so you can hear what this little gem can do enjoy!

https://app.box.com/s/43qjghct6e2xpnk3nxxb2grbdvl304hs

Donny,

With Nigel’s permission, I’d like to make some comments, observations and opinions here.

I was impacted by your statement above because of that last musette demonstration you presented a few years ago where you again stated you played a KMA “right out of the box.”
So I took the time (that I really didn’t have) to go down to the library and listen to your demo of the KMA that you played “right out of the box”.....on miniature keys no less.

Donny, there is nothing you could possibly do (other than to film yourself playing that keyboard “right out of the box”) to convince me that was YOU playing that demo. That was a pro demo player trying to sound like an amateur doing that demo (to show new purchasers what can be done with the board).

I listened closely. That’s not your style or your creativity. Possibly you did Spanish Eyes at the end, but clearly not that string orchestra piece. Everything in between could have gone either way, but the playing was too “clean” for that to have been you “playing right out of the box.”

I pulled up all of your demo’s that I had on my hard drive (alongside Don’s, Gary’s, Tony Mad’s, etc. They were all the same “style”.....and mostly singing with very little instrumentation.. But, may I mention.....kudo’s to you.....your “We’ll Meet Again” was excellent, absolutely top notch. I listen to it frequently.

I said it before and I’ll say it again. That musette accordion piece in the middle was definitely not played by you. It was played by someone who does that stuff regularly. I’ve been playing musette accordion for 35 years now and I’m quite good at it and quite familiar with the music. I, myself, can’t even play musette that clean on a “flat” keyboard “right out of the box.”

Now, if you DO want to film yourself playing those songs (“right out of the box”) I’ll be the first to admit I’m wrong and eat every word I said. I will also buy Nigel one of B.B. King’s “Lucille” guitars, and make a huge monetary contribution to Gary’s maritime retirement fund. I’ll present Ian with a three manual Ketron Audya to bring him out of retirement, and I’ll hand build a massive Assisted Living residence in South Jersey where Bill Lewis can have all the work he wants. I’ll even contact Scotland Yard to do a search for Tony Hughes so he can witness this controversy all over again. Sorry I couldn’t do anything for Don ‘cause he already has an idyllic life!

Please.....prove me wrong.....do that video.....and I‘ll never be an “unbeliever“ again (and spend two wasted hours of my day at the library!).

Mark

Mark your So wrong on ALL counts & I feel very offended by your statements, & disrespected as a musician, The KMA is long gone by a few years,.......I personally played every song on that Demo on the KMA OOTB...sorry you feel that way. Anyone that knows me or played with me wouldn't have made a statement like that.

Here is MY Pt2 KMA OOTB demo..

https://app.box.com/s/mnteb87iisyn0pftb6lq4jcauxj4ja9m

I'm glad I didn't sing on the demos either you'd probably challenge & doubt my vocals also. I have nothing further to say to you.

PS: I also hope to do a demo on the NEW SD7 in the very near future also. Stay tuned.

Edited by Dnj (05/28/15 06:03 AM)

#402901 - 05/28/15 05:42 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Anybody know where you can get one of these at a good price?

#402903 - 05/28/15 06:29 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, only YOU know if it's you playing on that demo (and we assume it is) and if it is, then you should consider Mark's post a supreme COMPLIMENT. After all, he considered it TOO GOOD to have been done by a 'Synthzoner'. Looking forward to your VIDEO demo of the SD7.

Your staunch supporter,
smile
chas

#402905 - 05/28/15 08:13 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You know DNJ's first instrument was accordion, right?

#402940 - 05/28/15 10:05 PM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

I feel very offended by your statements, & disrespected as a musician

Donny, I far from “disrespected” you as a musician. I never said you weren’t a good musician. For the record, I think you’re a very good musician and you’re a particularly good vocalist. Now, what I actually said was “there is nothing you could possibly do (other than to film yourself playing that keyboard “right out of the box”) to convince me that was YOU playing that demo.”

But, we could solve the mystery of whether or not you played the demo very easily. I’ll drive the 70 miles to where you play in the Toms River area and you can do that French musette accordion piece for me…….right in front of my eyes. If it comes out just like it did in the demo, I’ll film it myself and post it here…..and then proceed to “eat humble pie” and apologize to you and every member here who is in your fan club. And I’ll even buy a round of drinks for everyone. Even Tony Hughes if we can locate him!

It doesn’t get fairer than that! Shall I get my car tuned, put new tires on it, set my GPS and start the trip?

If you turn down the offer, then I really will have to wonder. Or maybe I’ll just pop in on one of your gigs disguised as a German Shepherd so you don’t know it’s me, and decide for myself.

Mark

#402941 - 05/28/15 10:17 PM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
You know DNJ's first instrument was accordion, right?

Don....I can appreciate what you're trying to say, but....his primary instrument is no longer the accordion.

So, what I'm trying to say is, with French musette accordion music, to play it properly it has to get practiced every day. It comes down to you either practice/play musette or you play everything else. Either Donny is an accordion prodigy or he does an awful lot of finger technique exercises.

But.....let's see if he takes me up on my offer to watch him play in person. Then the great riddle will be solved and I'll then shut my mouth forever and focus on who built the Great Pyramids instead.

Mark

#402944 - 05/29/15 04:07 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: Mark79100]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Mark79100

Donny, I far from “disrespected” you as a musician. I never said you weren’t a good musician. For the record, I think you’re a very good musician and you’re a particularly good vocalist. Now, what I actually said was “there is nothing you could possibly do (other than to film yourself playing that keyboard “right out of the box”) to convince me that was YOU playing that demo.”

But, we could solve the mystery of whether or not you played the demo very easily. I’ll drive the 70 miles to where you play in the Toms River area and you can do that French musette accordion piece for me…….right in front of my eyes. If it comes out just like it did in the demo, I’ll film it myself and post it here…..and then proceed to “eat humble pie” and apologize to you and every member here who is in your fan club. And I’ll even buy a round of drinks for everyone. Even Tony Hughes if we can locate him!

It doesn’t get fairer than that! Shall I get my car tuned, put new tires on it, set my GPS and start the trip?

If you turn down the offer, then I really will have to wonder. Or maybe I’ll just pop in on one of your gigs disguised as a German Shepherd so you don’t know it’s me, and decide for myself.

Mark

Mark, I must say that your keen interest in Donny's demo of the KMA has not appeared "disrespectful" to me either.

I also think Donny is a great musician/singer/entertainer and would love to be able to go hear him play, or even have him drop by my place to have a little jam session.

In fact, I'd be tickled if any of my SZ compatriots were able to get together with me in person and do some jamming and talk about music and other interests.

The only SZ'er that I've had the pleasure to meet with in person is DMAC (Donnie) who presently lives a fair distance from me, and who used to live here in my home town. Donnie has been to many of my clinics and demos as well as had me as a guest at his home, and he has been to my place many times. Even though he is now several hundred miles away, we still manage to meet at least a few times a year.

But 70 miles! Man, that's a drop in the bucket...I've gone that far just for groceries. If Donny (DNJ) was that close by, I would have already gone to see him many times, as I would for any other of my SZ friends.

For me to see Donny (or most other SZ'ers) would require getting a passport, and driving quite a long distance...it would be easier to get a flight from Cape Breton and I just don't have the monetary resources to do either of those things now that I'm on a small retirement pension.

But it wouldn't be for lack of wanting.

I'd be very surprised if Donny is reluctant to meet up with you...after all, we all like to share our skills and knowledge here on the forum, so why not in person?

Maybe he could do a Skype (on camera) call with you?

I certainly wish most of you guys lived closer...there are only very few arranger players in my area.

Ian of the North

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online