SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#401937 - 05/02/15 01:55 AM Ketron UK, style update, new SD7 etc
Tonewheeldude Offline

Some of you might know that Ketron UK took a big hit a year or so ago which resulted in the closure of their entire dealer network - hence the reason for my going quiet here. To cut a long story short a certain well known European internet seller took the short sighted and greedy move (in our oppinion) of reducing their Ketron Prices to around and below Trade price which had the effect of devaluation of the entire product line. For at least 6 months there were no new Ketron Sales made in the United Kingdom. This also put a stop to the Audya Style Update program which was very dissapointing for us and you! Because nobody could see or hear Ketron products in the UK its quite likely the internet seller also saw a decrease in sales.

Some months ago and after serious consideration (as the importer is a distributor not a retailer) we decided to go direct to the public and 'go to war' with the internet seller keepin our prices below theirs. Every few days we would drop our price...they would drop their price...we would drop ours...until eventually we found their minimum price point. They have since increased the price of Audya and we were able to increase our price in response.

Many buyers might view this as a good thing, but it is not. Used prices fell dramatically to the horror of their owners, It is now impossible to find Ketron products in stores across the UK with the exception of our partners Musicworld. It also means part exchanges are a thing of the past as there is too little profit left to be able to make a deal. We still offer the same level of support though.

Anyway, we are back on track and have steadily seen a healthy increase in sales and have back orders for the new SD7.

I know many of you were hoping for the next USB updates for your Audya ages ago now and I appologise we were not able to continue. However with things looking up this may change.

We now have our first SD7 in - its a superb new keyboard and has raised the bar for the competition. For clarification it is not an Audya replacement or even an SD5 which are still selling well and so the new instrument sits between SD5 and Audya in the product range. We have been uploading demos to our facebook page and the SD7 is also on our website.

If you have any questions, please ask away smile

#401966 - 05/03/15 08:31 AM Re: Ketron UK, style update, new SD7 etc [Re: Tonewheeldude]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wondered where you had gone TWD! It is good to have you back. Keep up the good work!

#402006 - 05/04/15 02:17 PM Re: Ketron UK, style update, new SD7 etc [Re: DonM]
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Very good news TWD Your service and your help was appreciated
Hoping that Robert will do another usb styles pack2 The first one is very good I know that a blue print its a heavy cost but at the end the result will be there
I am suggesting a usb style pack with registration .srg
Thanks again

#402053 - 05/05/15 08:25 PM Re: Ketron UK, style update, new SD7 etc [Re: Tonewheeldude]
leezone Offline

TWD

I miss you guys and your awesome styles
I really hope to see a style pack #2
I use a few styles from pack #1 at every gig
Hope Robert is ok, and can program some styles, he's amazing

#402080 - 05/07/15 04:12 AM Re: Ketron UK, style update, new SD7 etc [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

thanks chaps. Next week we are at Keyboards Cavalcades Blacpool festival so busy getting the SD7 ready just now - but when its over will have a serious chat about styles.

Leezone - very happy to hear Roberts styles are giving you good service!

#410204 - 10/26/15 03:46 PM Re: Ketron UK, style update, new SD7 etc [Re: Tonewheeldude]
leezone Offline

Tonewheel

Can we have that serious chat about those awesome future Audya styles, Robert Mess. USB pen Etc,

Is there hope? I am anxiously waiting for something new, especially 6/8 styles

#411489 - 11/16/15 06:55 AM Re: Ketron UK, style update, new SD7 etc [Re: Tonewheeldude]
leezone Offline

tonewheel , any updates? AJ? hows Robert M.?

#422244 - 06/13/16 01:46 PM Re: Ketron UK, style update, new SD7 etc [Re: Tonewheeldude]
leezone Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
but when its over will have a serious chat about styles.

i'm ready to chat!!! ;-)

#422274 - 06/15/16 12:00 PM Re: Ketron UK, style update, new SD7 etc [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

ToneWheel,

any news?
any new styles?
or that's it for the Audya/UK/Robert Mess. etc.??

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online