SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#457481 - 09/04/18 03:44 PM Re: Why Performing In Nursing Homes is The Best Choice [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary funny stuff...... rotf2
I really enjoyed reading some of these older posts...great topic too.

#457537 - 09/05/18 12:40 PM Re: Why Performing In Nursing Homes is The Best Choice [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
The ideal venue for entertainers, if you overlook the very bad aspects of the business.

Not so much for the musician who struggles with interpersonal entertaining. I'd be run off the stage in 5 minutes.

I tried a few times, but found that my time is better spent advocating for background checks, staffing minimums, control of the dietary departments, certifications, etc.

That's what I know how to do, and it's not more important; just a different approach at trying to help.

Keep up the good work.

I will, too.

Russ

#457544 - 09/05/18 02:43 PM Re: Why Performing In Nursing Homes is The Best Choice [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The sad thing about this thread is when I decided to read it through again, there was a post by my dear, departed friend and wonderful musician/singer/entertainer, Joe Ayala. I really miss talking with Joe, something we did nearly every week for many years.

Chas often wonders if I learned any new song in the past 25 years. The answer is a resounding yes, but new is a relative term, Chas, especially when you are our age. wink I wonder if learning some ZZ Top songs counts? Hmmmmmm! Wow! Just checked, Sharp Dressed Man came out in 1982. I guess Chas was right. wink Hell, Margarettaville is 41 years old. Hard to believe. smile It's even harder for me to believe that I'll be 78 next month. Oh well, I ain't dead yet!

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#457555 - 09/05/18 05:36 PM Re: Why Performing In Nursing Homes is The Best Choice [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
30s - 40s = 1%

50s - 60s = 60%

70s -80s 39%

Gary cool

So Gary, does that mean that you haven't learned a new tune in 25 years? Just asking :_) smile.

chas

"NEW" is a relative thing ... If I learn a song that I've never played or sang before, I don't care what decade it might be from, to ME it's a new song ...

#457559 - 09/05/18 07:31 PM Re: Why Performing In Nursing Homes is The Best Choice [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
But why are we posting something I wrote over 3 years ago? Haven't I said something dumb more recently? ....or, are you just playing 'chas' greatest hits'?

chas

#457560 - 09/05/18 07:34 PM Re: Why Performing In Nursing Homes is The Best Choice [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ya keep asking me the same thing, Chas. And, yes, I enjoy playing your greatest hits, or reruns of them. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online