SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#399745 - 02/20/15 03:58 PM Re: Korg PA upgrade [Re: PraiseTheLord]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Don M, I don't think you are missing any resources, the Factory Restore to Global, as far as I can see, is just to add a MIDI preset. In the upgrade manual it talks about "The “Tablet” MIDI Preset has been added" to the Global settings.

#399746 - 02/20/15 06:06 PM Re: Korg PA upgrade [Re: PraiseTheLord]
KORG80 Offline

Thanks Graham. It was the STS light. Works correctly now. Is there a SAVE process for sets created in songbook. I created a SET and the first two songs I added are always there but if I add 5 more. I'm losing them on reboot. Just getting ready to look it up in the PDF Manual. I will also watch the video again.

God Bless,
Don
P.S. I don't see any way of deleting the offending post. There is no EDIT switch.

#399750 - 02/20/15 07:33 PM Re: Korg PA upgrade [Re: KORG80]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: KORG80

P.S. I don't see any way of deleting the offending post. There is no EDIT switch.

I believe only Nigel can 'EDIT' it now ...

#399751 - 02/20/15 08:02 PM Re: Korg PA upgrade [Re: tony mads usa]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Don, not sure what you mean by SET; do you mean you have created a Custom List of songs in your Songbook?

#399753 - 02/20/15 08:22 PM Re: Korg PA upgrade [Re: tony mads usa]
KORG80 Offline

Hi Tony, That's what I thought! By the way "ARTIE'S THEME" is pretty cool for "HOTEL CALIFORNIA".

Thanks to you cluing me in to the VL3D desktop Digitech, I think I will save over a thousand dollars. The PA 600 with the VL3D is a great combination. I am pleased with the sound coming through my Bose. The harmony I heard from the TC Helicon is not as good. I can hear a phasey sound when harmony is engaged. Mind you I only got to check the 900's TC sound under headphones at the store. It's possible what I hear would not be as noticeable over a PA.

Do you create set lists in Songbook to organize your repertoire? I just successfully saved my first SET. Songbook may be more powerful than Yamaha's registration system. I think I may be buying a 600 soon. Planning on using it for a senior's concert on Wednesday.

Doesn't it seem weird when us seniors talk about playing for seniors. I actually can't believe I'm well into my senior years. Music and fishing are what keep me young at heart. Thanks for listening.

God Bless,
Don

#399764 - 02/21/15 09:29 AM Re: Korg PA upgrade [Re: KORG80]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Doesn't it seem weird when us seniors talk about playing for seniors. I actually can't believe I'm well into my senior years. Music and fishing are what keep me young at heart. Thanks for listening.

God Bless,
Don

Don, the great thing is that it's very easy to create song lists, MFDs and registrations because we're performing the songs that we enjoyed through most of our lives. Ironically, some of the very young gals I played for last night at the Hyatt Place loved everything I played throughout the night, and many of them sang along with me. Similar to the songs done in the late 40s and early 50s, the music of the late 50s through the late 70s seems to be holding on as well. People still love it when you play Brown Eye Girl, Hotel California, House Of The Rising Sun and of course, anything country.

All the best old man,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#399768 - 02/21/15 11:10 AM Re: Korg PA upgrade [Re: PraiseTheLord]
KORG80 Offline

Asked Nigel to look into it.

Blessings,
Don

#399769 - 02/21/15 11:30 AM Re: Korg PA upgrade [Re: PraiseTheLord]
KORG80 Offline

Yes Graham! I have created a Custom List called SET 1. First two songs I put in I must have done everything right. After consulting the You Tube video on SONGBOOK, I was able to re-enter the songs that went missing and do a WRITE operation so now I have them all in memory. By the end of the weekend I should have become organized for my concert at Holland Christian Homes on Wednesday.

If I get stressed I'll just use the setup on my Yamaha PSR S750 but with the PA600 connected through midi to the keyboard I can bring in my harmonies with a tap of a footswitch just like you can on the 900. That gives a lot of freedom to someone like me who likes to perform as the Spirit and the audience move me.

I can see a PA 600 in my future.

Blessings,
Don

#399773 - 02/21/15 02:20 PM Re: Korg PA upgrade [Re: KORG80]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Hi Tony, That's what I thought! By the way "ARTIE'S THEME" is pretty cool for "HOTEL CALIFORNIA".
Thanks to you cluing me in to the VL3D desktop Digitech, I think I will save over a thousand dollars. The PA 600 with the VL3D is a great combination. I am pleased with the sound coming through my Bose. The harmony I heard from the TC Helicon is not as good. I can hear a phasey sound when harmony is engaged. Mind you I only got to check the 900's TC sound under headphones at the store. It's possible what I hear would not be as noticeable over a PA.
Do you create set lists in Songbook to organize your repertoire? I just successfully saved my first SET. Songbook may be more powerful than Yamaha's registration system. I think I may be buying a 600 soon. Planning on using it for a senior's concert on Wednesday.
God Bless,
Don

Don ... For "Hotel California" I have edited an 'Unplugged' style and added some multipads and I think it sounds pretty good ... I will listen to "Arties Theme" again and perhaps do some similar editing and try it out ...

I have just started playing around with my Digitech VH Workstation EX again and I am going to A/B the EX vs. the on board TC ... the 'phasing' you hear can be pretty much eliminated by editing the harmony voices using the 'Smoothing' feature ...

I pretty much set up a different playlist for each of my NH/Assisted Living gigs ... It eliminates the need to try to think ahead about what song to play next ... each song title in the playlist is associated with a style - some edited just for that song - Sometimes the venue will tell me of a theme they are using that day and I set my playlist around that ... even if there is no 'official' theme, I usually develop a playlist around some common theme depending on the season, the weather, the month, whatever ...

I sometimes look at the audience and realize that there are people younger than I am ... I am Blessed that at almost 74 years of age, I am still on this side of the keyboard ...
Music and golf for me ... although I really am a 'hacker' grin ... (some might say at BOTH) ...

#399779 - 02/21/15 06:26 PM Re: Korg PA upgrade [Re: tony mads usa]
KORG80 Offline

Thanks Tony,

Man, I think golf would eat into my instrument budget a lot faster than fishing. I'm a "silent sports" guy so I don't have to buy expensive boats and motors. I fish out of kayaks, canoes and float tubes.

Being retired and mostly on pension, I can't just buy anything I desire especially since I always want the best. Good thing I couldn't afford a Tyros because as a singer I would have been majorly disappointed in Yamaha's poor excuse for vocal harmony processing. Let me know how your A/B comparison goes.

God Bless,
Don

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online