SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#399280 - 02/09/15 01:25 AM Korg Question for Don M. and Tony
KORG80 Offline

Hello gentlemen,

I am currently renting a PA 600 and using my desktop Digitech harmonizer with midi. Results are good so far.

My question is this. Do you save your song settings as PERFORMANCE favourites or do you use SONGBOOK where I believe you can make set lists?

Blessings,
Don

#399284 - 02/09/15 05:05 AM Re: Korg Question for Don M. and Tony [Re: KORG80]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Although I'm not Tony or Don M. here's my 2 cents. I use a Korg Pa3x, my song song settings are saved in SONGBOOK ( very powerful feature). I usually reserve PERFORMANCE settings for voices that I prefer. For example in the Organ section voices I have saved several settings that include organ accomp in the left hand while there's a sax, piano or guitar in the right hand. I saved them to banks that had no entries in them. Hope that helps.

#399285 - 02/09/15 05:20 AM Re: Korg Question for Don M. and Tony [Re: KORG80]
Dnj Offline

The beauty of the Korgs is that you can totally delete and recreate ALL factory styles, sounds, performances
unlike Yamaha. That said the songbook is the way to go to store setups for easy access,

#399290 - 02/09/15 06:53 AM Re: Korg Question for Don M. and Tony [Re: KORG80]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
As Ian said, I use the Songbook for my setups. I use Performances to changes sounds on the fly. Songbook is an extremely strong and versatile feature!

#399295 - 02/09/15 07:38 AM Re: Korg Question for Don M. and Tony [Re: DonM]
KORG80 Offline

Thanks guys!

Blessings,
Don

#399298 - 02/09/15 08:43 AM Re: Korg Question for Don M. and Tony [Re: KORG80]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I will pretty much echo what Steve and DonM said, in that I use the Songbook extensively, especially to create 'dedicated' playlists, i.e. Christmas, St. Valentine's Day, Italian, Irish, Patriotic, etc. ... I also make use of the 'Favorites' and User' sections to store Styles I have edited: changed drum kits, bass and other 'arranger' voices, set STS, etc., to fit certain songs, and have renamed the styles using the song titles for quick access ...
I have also renamed many of the 'Favorite' banks to indicate what styles are there, i.e. Christmas, Italian, Irish, Patriotic, Ballads, Swing, Latin, etc. ... of course after I upgraded to the latest OS, I had to rename those Favorite banks, but that's another story ... frown
However, I have not made much use of the 'Performance' section, other than to use a particular factory voice ...

#399342 - 02/09/15 05:47 PM Re: Korg Question for Don M. and Tony [Re: tony mads usa]
KORG80 Offline

Thank you Tony,
So SONGBOOK it is and to keep things organized Create SET LISTS. APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

I'VE GOT THE DIGITECH desktop VL3D working nicely with the 600 and it sounds better to my ears than TC built into the 900. Perhaps the TC would sound better through my Bose as the headphones might intensify things being right on my ears but I heard phasey stuff when I kicked in TC built in harmony.

The VL3D does work with a footswitch and has midi, so I think I'm going to get what I want. Save a lot of money if this combo does fill my needs!

From reading past posts I believe you had the VL3D (Think it was you that recommended it to me!) and the PA 600 before upgrading to the 900. Did you ever use this harmonizer and the 600 together?

Blessings,
Don

#399385 - 02/10/15 11:15 AM Re: Korg Question for Don M. and Tony [Re: KORG80]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don ... I did not have the VL3, but I do have the DigiTech Vocalist Workstation EX Harmony Processor:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--DGTVOCWORK
Unfortunately, they no longer make this unit, which is a shame IMHO ...
I have used the Digitech with the Pa600, and still occasionally use it with the Pa900 ... the TC in the Pa900 sounds good, and the convenience is great for those quick 1 hour gigs, but I do think that overall the Digitech has a better sound ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online