SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 21 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21 >
Topic Options
#398552 - 01/23/15 08:57 AM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Great to see you're enjoying your time with Carol.

I need to do some of that

(OOPS!, I didn't mean enjoying time with Carol, but just list the times and dates you're playing, anyhow! LOL!).

R.

#398554 - 01/23/15 09:45 AM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'll tell Carol to expect you sometime this evening - she'll have dinner waiting. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#398583 - 01/23/15 03:38 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]

As the song title says "Oh what a night." Sunshine and 74 degree temperatures most of the day, rode the bicycle 5 miles, which began great because I was riding with a 25 MPH wind at my back - coming home was a real bear, though.

Some friends gave us 10 red-mouthed snapper fillets, which Carol fixed by dipping them in eggs and rolling them in cracker crumbs made from Ritz crackers. Add some fresh country style potato salad, mac salad and washed it down with a Green Coconut Margaretta - OH YEAH!

If the weather cooperates, tomorrow night I'll be at the Marathon City Marina Tiki Hut performing from 6 till 10 p.m. The weather forecast is for rain in the morning, hopefully ending about mid afternoon. (Fingers crossed) Lots of folks at the marina are really looking forward to the event, and I believe there will be a couple hundred cruisers there, at least that's the way it looks right now. If the weather turns to crap, we may have to postpone till Sunday night.

I spent most of the day being Don Mason, pretty much doing nothing but watching the world go by. I did, however, play the S-950 for a couple hours. I really love that keyboard.

Cheers,

Gary cool

#398585 - 01/23/15 04:44 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I spent most of the day being Don Mason, pretty much doing nothing but watching the world go by. I did, however, play the S-950 for a couple hours. I really love that keyboard.
Cheers,
Gary cool

#398620 - 01/24/15 06:44 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]

A nasty cold front blew through the Florida keys this afternoon, temperatures fell to the upper 50s and I thought I would freeze to death while performing this evening. It was so cold and windy that only a handful of folks came to the Tiki hut to hear me, but this will all change with warmer weather in the next few days.

I hate it when the temperature is lower than my age! wink

Gary cool

#398621 - 01/24/15 07:38 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]

And, a video for Donny. Please ignore the bad note I hit - I was freezing to death and shivering at this point and tried my best to cover my mistakes.

Gary cool

#398656 - 01/25/15 11:35 AM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

clapheadphoneThat Green Coconut Margarita on top of the keyboard scares the crap out of me especially with that wind out there stop ...that said:

Real Nice job Gary on one of my favorite Kenny Rogers songs thanx for taking the time to record a video keep them coming throughout your stay in Paradise
we can all learn something from viewing them.

And tell the lovely Carol she's a fantastic videographer too!! cool2

Edited by Dnj (01/25/15 11:36 AM)

#398663 - 01/25/15 12:08 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I was hoping that is a tip jar!

#398674 - 01/25/15 02:13 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: travlin'easy]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
And, a video for Donny. Please ignore the bad note I hit - I was freezing to death and shivering at this point and tried my best to cover my mistakes.

No false excuses - I checked at wetteronline.de, the afternoon temperature at Marathon Airport was 75F on Jan24 and 66F on Jan25 wink

http://www.wetteronline.de/rueckblick?gid=x0159

#398687 - 01/25/15 07:16 PM Re: Where in the world is Gary [Re: btweengigs]

It was incredible today, temperature hit 75, still a bit too chilly for shorts because of the wind, but really nice. Played a private party tonight for some old friends, some of their neighbors came and we had a ball. Three hours non-stop, no breaks, and I was able to handle every single request. Love those kind of jobs.

video to follow,

Gary cool

Page 6 of 21 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online