SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#39754 - 10/04/07 08:28 AM Anyone have this one?
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Do any of you have a simple copy of "SABRE DANCE"? Top line & chord symbols work just right for me.....

A very fast piece written by a Russian person..... an oldie that I want to play around with after hearing a unique "jug" band performance....

I can deal with a copy more extensive than top line but do need the chord symbols....

Thanks for whatever help comes along.

ELIZABETH

------------------

#39755 - 10/04/07 09:25 AM Re: Anyone have this one?
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
It is in your mail box.

Fran in SC

#39756 - 10/04/07 11:18 AM Re: Anyone have this one?
etwo4788 Offline

FRAN..... The sheet you sent is rather difficult to read as parts of the lines & all of the chord signatures & the time signature/key are obscured.... are not clear enough to figure out what they are.

It surprises me that there is only one page?

Maybe some one else has a clearer copy?

I certainly do appreciate it that you did respond FRAN..... I will work with what I can decipher.... Thanks for your effort....

ELIZABETH

#39757 - 10/05/07 03:42 AM Re: Anyone have this one?
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
I sent you two e-mails. One, a mistake, with only one page and another with two pages. The music book is old and has a brown cast but it reads easy on my computer and prints well. Check your mail.

Fran in SC

#39758 - 10/05/07 08:56 AM Re: Anyone have this one?
etwo4788 Offline

FRAN....

The two page rendition will work just fine.

Thanks for your help.

------------------

#39759 - 10/07/07 11:01 AM Re: Anyone have this one?
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Elizabeth , hope all is well with you in "New Mexico "

i would be very interested to know what style you are using for this great piece of music !!!

Many years ago (well about 1968) I played in a small dance band and with the drummer and myself on electronic accordion we used to feature the Sabre dance it was really loud stuff with some wild drumming

(the electronic accordion player wasn't too bad either )and we always got requested for this number !!)

I'm glad you have received the music I have the full version if you want a copy (just let me know )

Thanks for reminding me about this wonderful piece of music and some great Saturday evening gig memories of playing in an old victorian sea front hotel called the "Grand Court" in sheringham Norfolk England.

Best Regards to you all

Giovanni

#39760 - 10/07/07 07:29 PM Re: Anyone have this one?
etwo4788 Offline

GIOVANNI.... Hey Friend....fellow player!

Great to hear from you! I am still enjoying the CD you sent...wonderful music.

The Sirtaki is the rhythm I use....MSA #4 at 120 tempo. Sabre Dance is just one of several I use the Sirtaki rhythm. It is under Latin & World on the 7K. I think it is also on the 6K. It moves well & has lots of pleasing "joy" in the orchestration. The music box takes the part one & a piano, organ, or even an accordian for the second part. I like the vibraphone in the left part. These all get pretty well switched around now & then.

I would love to have a copy of your rendition of Sabre Dance! The one Fran sent is two pages & pretty easy to work with. I am enjoying working with the piece... While I do not remember which group played it to the top of the charts or much else beyond that I liked it then & still do! According to the sheets Fran sent it was published in 1957... trivia but none the less interesting.

Right now in New Mexico we are enjoying wonderful mild fall weather in the low to mid 80's. Up north (250 miles from here) in Albuquerque the world famous (?) annual Balloon Fiesta is underway. Hot air Balloonists come from all over the world to display their skills with their balloons & crowds gather from all over the U.S. to spend the week enjoying the festivities.... I watch it on the TV every year though I have been there in my RV to participate in person....

Best wishes to you too! When are you going to visit here in the U.S.A.? It would be fun to jam it up with you & your accordian &/or keyboard!

ELIZABETH

------------------

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online