SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#397425 - 12/25/14 01:31 PM Who would have thunk it?...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
THIS WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE... Tom Hanks' Father: If you were alive in 1957, and old enough to enjoy Rock and Roll, you will probably remember the group, "The Diamonds" who had just launched their super hit "Little Darlin' ".For you that are too young to remember - it was a time when the performers were happy, enjoying themselves, respecting their fans, dressed appropriately and their lyrics could be understood.They did not feel obligated to scream, eat the microphone, mumble inaudible lyrics or trash the set.In 1957, The Diamonds had a hit with "Little Darlin" 47 years later, they were requested to perform at Atlantic City ...This link leads to both performances.Watch the first one then scroll down for the new one 47 years later. Tom Hanks father is
much better looking than Tom, and even better looking with age. In the linked videos Tom Hank's father is the lead singer on the left. He still has it! Hope you enjoy.47 years apart 2 Performances --

http://www.flixxy.com/the-diamonds-little-darlin-1957-2004.htm[2]

He's the guy on the left.

Merry Christmas,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#397434 - 12/25/14 06:40 PM Re: Who would have thunk it?... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well Gary I really enjoyed that, BUT that is not Tom Hanks' father. The original lead singer was Dave Somerville, who is still alive and kickin'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diamonds

#397435 - 12/25/14 08:10 PM Re: Who would have thunk it?... [Re: DonM]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Tom Hanks father was a cook or chef, but not a singer in the Diamonds.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/tomhanks.asp

It's amazing how these rumors start, like the latest one where the Daily Current, a satirical website posted a story about a Ferguson rioter burns down his own house. It was done as a satire, and people believed it and started passing it around as true.

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/11/26/ferguson-protester-accidentally-burns-down-own-house/

It is true though, that I played keyboards for the Beatles, but had to quit when I started to lose my hair.

Regards,

Jerryghr

Edited by Jerryghr (12/25/14 08:22 PM)

#397437 - 12/26/14 07:41 AM Re: Who would have thunk it?... [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I played accordion with Lawrence Welk......then I woke up (in a cold sweat).

chas

#397440 - 12/26/14 08:43 AM Re: Who would have thunk it?... [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
I played accordion with Lawrence Welk......then I woke up (in a cold sweat).

chas

#397498 - 12/28/14 09:07 AM Re: Who would have thunk it?... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Guys, this was something I got as an email from the guy that sold me my boat, and you must admit, there seemed to be some resemblance to him and Hanks. However, I didn't really have time to check it out and would not have known that it was a hoax until I read the above posts. I worked Christmas Day at a NH facility and near the end of the job I became very ill. I had sever shortness of breath, nausea, dizziness, and muscle aches. I came home, went to bed, and by the next day, I could barely walk. I had my wife drive me to the hospital, I was immediately admitted, and just got home an hour ago. They really never provided a diagnosis, but believe it was caused by a nasty viral infection that suddenly shown up in the mid-Atlantic region. I feel like I've been hit by a truck and hope I feel well enough to go back to work on Tuesday. The doc said what especially made this bad for me was my nasty lung condition (asbestosis), and my O2 saturation was down to 80 percent. Normal is 99 percent.

Getting old really sucks,

Gary cool

#397500 - 12/28/14 09:11 AM Re: Who would have thunk it?... [Re: travlin'easy]
124 Offline

Day by day, Gary. Play when you're ready, not before. Good luck.

#397503 - 12/28/14 09:23 AM Re: Who would have thunk it?... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary maybe god is trying to tell you something....or maybe its time to pack up and head south FOR GOOD and enjoy the rest of you life that way you dream of.......life is too short to dilly dally!!

#397504 - 12/28/14 10:02 AM Re: Who would have thunk it?... [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Don't feel bad about posting the information. I did enjoy the videos. I get these type of posts from my friends all the time, and don't know if they are real or not. Don't have time or inclination to check them out.

99.9999999% of your posts are very informative and helpful. Keep posting.

Glad you went to the hospital and checked it out. Most men just say "I'll wait and it will get better............ and it doesn't.

Relax and enjoy the holidays.

Regards,

Jerry

#397514 - 12/28/14 01:29 PM Re: Who would have thunk it?... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Jerry. I only have four more jobs this season, then I'm headed south till mid March. I've been going balls to the wall for the entire year, and I'm physically and mentally exhausted. The next three months will involve some performances at tiki bars and marina restaurants, but one or two days a week is all I intend to work. The rest of the time it's Toes In The Water.

Gary cool

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online