SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#396014 - 11/17/14 01:17 PM Re: Question of curiosity for you Korg players [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, my wife told me the mind was the second thing to go, but I can't remember what the first was. I guess I'll have to ask her. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#396015 - 11/17/14 01:32 PM Re: Question of curiosity for you Korg players [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Thanks for the replies. I find the Yamaha registration system pretty easy to use. I just didn't have a clue as to what Korg uses...not that I needed to know...just was curious.

Tx.

#396019 - 11/17/14 01:38 PM Re: Question of curiosity for you Korg players [Re: guitpic1]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm a little late on this but I really like Songbook on the Korg. I'd like to see Yamaha implement the features of Songbook via the MFD feature. Not sure why they haven't seems like it's a software thing that shouldn't be that difficult to implement, but there may be more to it than meets the eye. I do like and use Yamaha registrations in conjunction with the MFD feature and it does the job I need it to do.

Edited by Stephenm52 (11/17/14 01:38 PM)

#396021 - 11/17/14 01:43 PM Re: Question of curiosity for you Korg players [Re: guitpic1]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
So, any of you using both the Yamaha and Korg keyboards...or own both Yamaha and Korg?

#396023 - 11/17/14 01:50 PM Re: Question of curiosity for you Korg players [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

At one time I owned both, but I sold the I3 many years ago. It was a good keyboard, but nothing compared to my S-950. The days of lugging two keyboards to a job have long since been over for me. One lightweight package is all that's needed for my jobs.

Gary cool

#396024 - 11/17/14 02:14 PM Re: Question of curiosity for you Korg players [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have had several recent models of both, including PSR S950 and PA3X. I now have PA900.
I've had almost every model made by Yamaha, most by Roland, four by Ketron and four by Korg. Korg's Songbook is the best feature of this sort on any of them, in my opinion, although they all have usable systems for Registrations (Performances).
They all have their learning curves!

#396033 - 11/17/14 03:02 PM Re: Question of curiosity for you Korg players [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I have had several recent models of both, including PSR S950 and PA3X. I now have PA900.
I've had almost every model made by Yamaha, most by Roland, four by Ketron and four by Korg. Korg's Songbook is the best feature of this sort on any of them, in my opinion, although they all have usable systems for Registrations (Performances).
They all have their learning curves!

I'll ditto that Don ....almost the same for me and a few more too....
Songbook & TC Helicon, & many editing features puts Korg on top of all feature wise.. sound/style wise I still like Yamaha.....which is why I choose to perform with it even with all the workarounds for my needs...the sound and styles come first.... cool2

#396037 - 11/17/14 03:44 PM Re: Question of curiosity for you Korg players [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

I played a Yamaha DGX 650 today, wonderful sounds, bare bones styles, but that's OK, and weighted keys. After 20 minutes, my hands were cramped up, and that was it! How I love the feel of those lightweight S-950 keys. I could not imagine doing a four-hour job with one of these, or any other weighted key arranger keyboards for that matter. I guess I'm getting old. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

#396052 - 11/17/14 04:38 PM Re: Question of curiosity for you Korg players [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I played a Yamaha DGX 650 today, wonderful sounds, bare bones styles, but that's OK, and weighted keys. After 20 minutes, my hands were cramped up, and that was it! How I love the feel of those lightweight S-950 keys. I could not imagine doing a four-hour job with one of these, or any other weighted key arranger keyboards for that matter. I guess I'm getting old. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

Ditto Gary!! keys

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online