SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#395674 - 11/10/14 08:14 AM Joe Sample's "Spellbound" opening riff
ykc Offline

Loc: Denver, CO USA
We lost an amazing keyboard player and musician, Joe Sample, recently. I had the privilege of seeing him a few times in concert and even speaking to him for a few at the end of an amazing set at NYC's Blue Note.

Does anyone here play his music? I am specifically looking for a transcription (or at least a chord chart) for the opening riff to his tune Spellbound - the title track of the album of the same name. I have not found sheet music for it anywhere.

Can anyone help?

#395692 - 11/10/14 11:26 AM Re: Joe Sample's "Spellbound" opening riff [Re: ykc]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA

#395700 - 11/10/14 12:35 PM Re: Joe Sample's "Spellbound" opening riff [Re: ykc]
ykc Offline

Loc: Denver, CO USA
Don - Thank you! I forgot about Youtube. That's actually the last little bit of another video that I had saved a while back but never finished listening to all the way to the end. Wow! I will have to stop and start the vid and get each chord. Should be interesting. Now if I could just slow it down a tad...

Y

#395702 - 11/10/14 01:04 PM Re: Joe Sample's "Spellbound" opening riff [Re: ykc]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Y ... try using something like 'choridfy' ... it's not perfect, but it might help ...
http://chordify.net/

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online