Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#394766 - 10/14/14 01:43 PM Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More
Dnj Offline

headphone keys headphone

Edited by Dnj (10/14/14 02:02 PM)

#394767 - 10/14/14 02:06 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

The Ipad editor shown at 7:00 is pretty kool....will it show lyrics also? or?

Edited by Dnj (10/14/14 02:07 PM)

#394772 - 10/14/14 02:49 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Is it me, or has anyone else noticed how wonderful demo styles always seem to sound? Reality strikes when the keyboard comes in the front door. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#394775 - 10/14/14 03:12 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Some of those Styles just sounded too good to be stock but who knows. Theres lots to work with and its not too hard to get around the editing.

Like I said I'm not familiar with the other stuff as I just stick with Roland because I know it but in the long run using the BK9, What else do you need to preform live?
Add a vocal processor if needed and an IPAD for the touch screen.

#394781 - 10/14/14 04:29 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Dnj]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
Gary,

When the keyboard gets to your front door, it usually comes without the 'demonstrator' so you can either make it sound better or worst than the demos done by the demonstrator :-)

#394782 - 10/14/14 04:32 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
AJ, if I could play half as good as the demonstrators I would probably have made enough to retire 10 years ago, but a bigger boat and live in the tropics year round. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#394806 - 10/15/14 09:38 AM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

There are many features I like but Personally what I never liked about Roland arrangers is the sound of the Brass patches,...there is just something about them to my ears that lacks the realism Yamaha Brass has IMO.. headphone

Edited by Dnj (10/15/14 09:39 AM)

#394815 - 10/15/14 12:14 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
There are many features I like but Personally what I never liked about Roland arrangers is the sound of the Brass patches,...there is just something about them to my ears that lacks the realism Yamaha Brass has IMO.. headphone

Dont think this sounds bad...

http://youtu.be/wsUvk_fcMCE

http://keyszone.boards.net

#394818 - 10/15/14 12:56 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

1- that's NOT a Roland arranger KB in the demo

2- I was talking Brass sounds not "solo" Trumpet

Thank you

Edited by Dnj (10/15/14 12:58 PM)

#394820 - 10/15/14 01:11 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA

Donny

I have no problem with the Brass as I've found a few I use in all my edits. If there is one section I would like more variety in its the Saxes. Have two favorites and can get by OK. I think I got spoiled hearing the Audya Sax demo at Gary's jam.

#394822 - 10/15/14 01:18 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

I agree , one of Yamaha's strenghts was brass sounds..not all, they had their selection of losers too..

I think most folks are judging brass sounds in the GM table....

Roland has brass patches that will match well in todays world..They have some of the best in the expansion card library..
I have some brass sounds on the "Studio" card that are my go to brass sounds..
Maybe it is time to revisit and see how good they really are.. smile

#394823 - 10/15/14 01:34 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

I agree , one of Yamaha's strenghts was brass sounds..not all, they had their selection of losers too..

I think most folks are judging brass sounds in the GM table....

Roland has brass patches that will match well in todays world..They have some of the best in the expansion card library..
I have some brass sounds on the "Studio" card that are my go to brass sounds..
Maybe it is time to revisit and see how good they really are.. smile

only way to find out is post a comparison of Brass between the different models...since I've had mostly all models thru the years I judged my opinion on that. headphone
Yamaha Brass is a the winner every time..and if you layer them like I do in octaves fugettabouttit! wink

#394824 - 10/15/14 01:34 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Fran Carango]
rosetree
Unregistered

Listen to these ROLAND SRX 10 brass sounds (official demos) - you can't tell if it is a real brass orchestra or samples:

https://soundcloud.com/rolandcom/srx-10-...-brass-ensemble

#394825 - 10/15/14 01:45 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Thank you

Brass is a collection of instruments, from which trumpet is one....
If you meant a brass ensemble sound, you should have said so

And while the sound is from the JP80, its of the same quallity as other instruments with super natural acoustic sounds, like integra7, Fa08 or BK9...nas they all use the same samples and the same technollogy aswell as the same effects.... Its all the same sound engine

#394826 - 10/15/14 01:53 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Thank you

Brass is a collection of instruments, from which trumpet is one....
If you meant a brass ensemble sound, you should have said so

And while the sound is from the JP80, its of the same quallity as other instruments with super natural acoustic sounds, like integra7, Fa08 or BK9...nas they all use the same samples and the same technollogy aswell as the same effects.... Its all the same sound engine

Well then for that matter the Yamaha Trumpets are my top choices also if that helps you.

#394827 - 10/15/14 01:57 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree

Listen to these ROLAND SRX 10 brass sounds (official demos) - you can't tell if it is a real brass orchestra or samples:

aren't these SRX sounds an optional cost to add to their onboard factory sounds G70/BK series arrangers...? vs Yamaha factory Brass sounds already onboard.. confused1

Edited by Dnj (10/15/14 01:58 PM)

#394828 - 10/15/14 02:00 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
If Rosetree's posting of Roland's sample library didn't sell you...you are just lost grin

Come on...listen to the demos, without being bull headed smile

Optional for G70 but they are on the BK9..

Edited by Fran Carango (10/15/14 02:01 PM)

#394831 - 10/15/14 03:54 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

I just posted it as a reply to the SRX brass sounds mentioned, to show their outstanding realism. but I fear very few of the SRX 10 are included in the BK-9. I made an analysis of where the BK-9 on-board tones come from (based on the tone names, which is usually a reliable indicator in case of Roland), and as far as I remember a lot are from SRX09 World, but very, very few from other SRX boards.
For the Roland FA-06/08, you get the SRX expansion for free as a download. I expected something similar for the BK-9, but Roland hasn't fulfilled their announcement to release expansion sounds for the BK-9 yet.
Anyway, IMO you definitely can't say Roland has a general weakness in brass sounds.

#394832 - 10/15/14 04:26 PM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Anyway, IMO you definitely can't say Roland has a general weakness in brass sounds.

All I am saying as a personal opinion and preference I like Yamaha Brass sounds much better then Roland. On the other hand there are a few Roland sounds I liked better in my Roland units also like the Organs & Leslie, & Piano, E.Pianos, also, The guitars it's Yamaha hands down,...but in the end it's the Whole Package I have to contend with on stage as a pro player and for that reason I use a Yamaha S-950 for now..... keys

Edited by Dnj (10/15/14 04:27 PM)

#394850 - 10/16/14 08:47 AM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

I just posted it as a reply to the SRX brass sounds mentioned, to show their outstanding realism. but I fear very few of the SRX 10 are included in the BK-9. I made an analysis of where the BK-9 on-board tones come from (based on the tone names, which is usually a reliable indicator in case of Roland), and as far as I remember a lot are from SRX09 World, but very, very few from other SRX boards.
For the Roland FA-06/08, you get the SRX expansion for free as a download. I expected something similar for the BK-9, but Roland hasn't fulfilled their announcement to release expansion sounds for the BK-9 yet.

I agree with you, Roland brass sounds have allways been very fat and strong..

Here is an example of Ed Diaz creating an oldfashioned keyboard brass section on the Fa08..
http://youtu.be/7itJHiZdN2Q

On the newer Roland instruments, like the jupiter 80 trumpet i linked before, there are the super naturall acoustic brass sounds, and they are the only thing in keyboardland that can rival the sa2 brass sounds of Yamaha..

True, Yamaha might have just a tad more realism, but I think theRoland sounds have ore troughput fattness.. I personally love both the Yamaha aswell as the Roland Brass sounds...

#394852 - 10/16/14 08:53 AM Re: Roland Bk9 demo styles....& More [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

It's the "TAD More realism" that makes all the difference.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online