SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#394703 - 10/13/14 09:58 AM Your favourite styles... A user ranking
Bachus Offline

What arranger brand in general has the best styles for your daily usage?

(Just interested in your opinions and personal preferences).
So please add your top 5 and reasonings ...
Here are mine

1. Ketron
2. yamaha
3 Roland
4 korg
And then there is a long stretch of nothing
5 Casio/wersi

I used to love general music and technics styles, but they are no longer, which still makes me a little sad

http://keyszone.boards.net

#394704 - 10/13/14 10:00 AM Re: Your favourite styles... A user ranking [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

yamaha
yamaha
yamaha
yamaha

nuff said...until someting better comes along.. keys

Edited by Dnj (10/13/14 10:01 AM)

#394707 - 10/13/14 11:03 AM Re: Your favourite styles... A user ranking [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well, since I'm using only one arranger, which is a Yamaha Tyros4, it's pretty much going to be Yamaha styles.

However, what I use for my tunes are basically heavily edited, and, for the most part, they are made up of parts from styles from both new and older Yamaha keyboards, and also bits from a few Yamaha Premium and MidiSpot styles as well.

I tried using parts from conversions of Korg and Roland (and a few Casio) styles but, for the most part, they didn't really work that well for my purposes.

Ian

#394709 - 10/13/14 11:39 AM Re: Your favourite styles... A user ranking [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Some of my favorite go to styles are conversions, and deeply edited smile

I use a Roland G70, and many onboard styles are useable for me, but I have favorites, from Korg(20 plus), Technics(6-8), and maybe one or two from Yamaha..

I like Ketron styles but they don't convert well..

Yamaha conversions are poor at best...and I don't like many Yamaha styles to start...actually there are a lot of useless styles. grin

Technics "jazz" styles are really nice on the G70..using the sounds from Roland they are way better than Technic sounds..

I have to say the Korg conversions are also better on the Roland G70 than on the Korg..I think drums and some other sounds are much better on the G70..

I should mention Roland styles don't convert well to Yamaha either...the common factor is Yamaha.. smile

#394719 - 10/13/14 02:04 PM Re: Your favourite styles... A user ranking [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yamaha
Korg conversions
Roland conversions
Casio conversions

In that order!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online