SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#393339 - 09/17/14 08:51 AM What does this mean?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Gang-

During this mornings gig, I accidently hit the ots button. The only way I know how to get out of that mode is turn the keyboard off and then on again. When it powered back up again, my entire display screen was blank. It wasn't black but it was that sort of grayish color with nothing visible. Btw, KB still works.Fortunately I only have to play one more song, I muddled through that and finished the performance.

I turned the KB off and then back on again, and I got the same results once again. I decided to let it sit for about 5 minutes in the off position. When I turned it on again everything seemed perfectly normal. I turned it off and on again 5 times of the next 20 minutes. Each time it worked normally.

Q:What happened?
Q:Have I damaged my KB?
Q: Do I need to have it looked at by a local repair shop?

I have the hunch I clogged up the circuitry by turning it on and off so quickly and that it just needed a moment to reset itself.What do you guys think?

Bill

#393340 - 09/17/14 09:06 AM Re: What does this mean? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
Gang-

During this mornings gig, I accidently hit the ots button. The only way I know how to get out of that mode is turn the keyboard off and then on again.
I have the hunch I clogged up the circuitry by turning it on and off so quickly and that it just needed a moment to reset itself.What do you guys think?

Bill

I think your last assessment was right.

Why do you need to turn off the keyboard to get out of OTS?

Wouldn't pressing a Registration button get you out of OTS?

How are your FREEZE functions (Press DIRECT ACCESS then the FREEZE button) set up...do they need to be changed?

Ian

#393341 - 09/17/14 09:10 AM Re: What does this mean? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Dnj Offline

Probably just a glitch
Just unplug....and power up again.

Edited by Dnj (09/17/14 09:12 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online