SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#390835 - 07/21/14 07:40 AM Thanks to Gary & Carol
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
What a fun time! Gary and Carol went beyond what anyone could have expected. The food, beverages, hospitality and his ultra-Man Cave facilities could not be beat.

Where else can you go where the host greets you on a lawn tractor pulling a cart to load all your gear and take it to the house, which was further than anyone would want to carry their gear?

I'm not saying they live out in the sticks, but my GPS says their address is at the corner of High Vue Court and "Recalculating".

It was a joy to meet the names and faces of SZ members in person...to play solo and in tandem with them and to accompany Laura (Gary and Carol's daughter) for a couple of songs.

Carol and I are still on the road and will be until the first of August. Hopefully I will be able to retrieve some of the pictures in my camera and post them.

It was a blast, Gary. Thank You

Eddie

#390839 - 07/21/14 08:32 AM Re: Thanks to Gary & Carol [Re: btweengigs]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: btweengigs
What a fun time! Gary and Carol went beyond what anyone could have expected. The food, beverages, hospitality and his ultra-Man Cave facilities could not be beat.

Where else can you go where the host greets you on a lawn tractor pulling a cart to load all your gear and take it to the house, which was further than anyone would want to carry their gear?

I'm not saying they live out in the sticks, but my GPS says their address is at the corner of High Vue Court and "Recalculating".

It was a joy to meet the names and faces of SZ members in person...to play solo and in tandem with them and to accompany Laura (Gary and Carol's daughter) for a couple of songs.

Carol and I are still on the road and will be until the first of August. Hopefully I will be able to retrieve some of the pictures in my camera and post them.

It was a blast, Gary. Thank You

Eddie

Ditto!!

Eddie I made 2 different trips to their home and both times the GPS took me via different roads and it forced us thru 2 different neighborhoods that had SPEED HUMPS about every 50 yards.

#390840 - 07/21/14 08:42 AM Re: Thanks to Gary & Carol [Re: btweengigs]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks for the complements guys. Carol and I had a ball, and were glad we had the time and space to host the event. The musical talents of those whom attended was beyond description, and obviously, AJ's technical expertise is absolutely incredible, along with his playing abilities as well.

The ladies were extremely gracious, especially to put up with us old codgers. I did my best to keep them supplied with food and beverages, and they seemed to really enjoy themselves. I was very happy that I picked the right homemade snacks for them, smoked salmon, smoked salmon dip, roasted garlic and onion marmalade, olives stuffed with garlic and blue-cheese, etc... And, most enjoyed a couple green coconut margarettas, which was a first for many of them.

Unfortunately, my video camera ran out of battery life just about the time AJ began singing (It took a couple margarettas to get him to do sing). AJ has a great voice, deep and smooth, and did an excellent job with Jamaica Farewell.

More to come,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#390883 - 07/21/14 03:23 PM Re: Thanks to Gary & Carol [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I will just give my thanks to Carol and Gary on this thread, and my comments about the jam on Gary's 'Day One' thread ...
To echo what has been said, Carol and Gary are the ultimate hosts ... it is one thing to open your home to a bunch of strangers, but to provide them with food and beverages all day is quite another ... We could never thank them enough ...

Gary's version of the Rock 'n' Roller cart is a back-saver ...

As for as the location, my GPS said the corner of Highvue Ct and 'The middle of nowhere' ... laugh2 ... I now know why Gary hates winters there ... and Steve, I had the same experience - 2 different ways coming AND going ... and those speed bumps were a real PITA ... but I would not turn down another invitation ... bounce

BTW ... the trip home was GREAT!!! ... from the hotel, about 25 minutes SOUTH of Gary, to my exit in RI - 6 hours flat and that included a 40 minute stop for lunch just prior to the George Washington Bridge in NJ and a quick pit stop in CT ... had to do 70 - 75 just to keep up with the traffic ...

Edited by tony mads usa (07/21/14 03:28 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online