SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#390490 - 07/11/14 09:55 AM Global warming ?!? ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I'm not debating one side or the other but I found this intersting:
Exactly 101 years ago today, Death Valley reached the hottest temperature ever recorded–a scorching 134°F. ...

#390493 - 07/11/14 10:05 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#390496 - 07/11/14 10:57 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Nobody (Even Sceptics) denies that the climate is changing, (This has been proven beyond doubt (And NOT by the useless so called climate scientists) by looking back at the history of the planet) as it has done so many times since the planet came together, the only disagreement is the amount that the human race has made to the change.

BTW. 134 degrees is nothing compared to how hot it has been there in the past.

Bill

#390499 - 07/11/14 11:07 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: abacus]
tony mads usa Offline

Bill ... perhaps you misread my post ... it was "100 years ago", and it is "the hottest temperature ever recorded..."

#390501 - 07/11/14 11:18 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
rosetree
Unregistered

That's a difficult topic. Besides the fact that isolated records are useless for assessing a long-term trend, there are doubts about these old record measurements. The former record of about 137F presumably measured in Libya has been declared invalid recently. There are doubts about the Death Valley record, too:
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2013/jul/15/doubts-cloud-death-valleys-100-year-heat-record/

#390502 - 07/11/14 11:54 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Bill ... perhaps you misread my post ... it was "100 years ago", and it is "the hottest temperature ever recorded..."

Nope

The planet came together millions of years ago, therefore 100 years is a miniscule amount, although the useless so called climate scientists would like you to think otherwise.

Bill

#390503 - 07/11/14 12:48 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Minuscule or not, the last 100 years produced more greenhouse gases and carbon emission than ever - these are responsible for more than increased temperature... Add to that the crazy pace at which the tropical forest (green lung of the planet) is cut, and you'll soon see why the "useless" scientist are trying, in vain it seems, to make people aware of the effects.

The attitude of "I don't care, I will not live that long anyway" or something is very bad, very selfish and ultimately, inhumane. And we might be surprised, if we could only realize, how close the point of no return is, unless something changes indeed.

Of course, we're the happy ones, we always could just lock the door, turn the keyboard on and play to the end - for some reason this image remind me of the orchestra from Titanic...

#390504 - 07/11/14 01:27 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: adimatis]
tony mads usa Offline

as I said I'm not going to debate the issue ... I just thought the statement was interesting ...
sorry I brought it up ...

#390507 - 07/12/14 06:43 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Tony, there is no debate abou this.Homosapiens is the virus that spreads.But we are not killing the Earth.When it becomes enough The Earth will just spit us out and continue on like before us.Well, all but T5 owners..

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#390524 - 07/13/14 04:49 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: abacus]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: abacus

Nope

The planet came together millions of years ago, therefore 100 years is a miniscule amount, although the useless so called climate scientists would like you to think otherwise.

Bill

The ice caps are melting ... That is all that matters. Anything else is trivial. That is total proof of global warming. When the ice caps have gone so is the human race.

#390525 - 07/13/14 09:44 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Exactly 101 years ago today, Death Valley reached the hottest temperature ever recorded–a scorching 134°F. ...

Ahem, Tony I respectfully disagree, sometimes the temps at SZ get hotter than it was in Death Valley. laugh laugh

#390528 - 07/13/14 11:32 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Attachments
flame emoticon 2.jpg

Edited by tony mads usa (07/13/14 11:33 AM)

#390529 - 07/13/14 12:03 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Rustykeys Offline

Loc: Massachusetts/USA
WOW! Many years of keyboard musicians talent here. And all thats been discussed is Global warming? Musicians to Geeks in 1 easy step. Can U say BIG BANG! JMO. singer

#390537 - 07/14/14 07:05 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: Rustykeys]
RC Offline

Loc: Pa Usa
Originally Posted By: Rustykeys
WOW! Many years of keyboard musicians talent here. And all thats been discussed is Global warming? Musicians to Geeks in 1 easy step. Can U say BIG BANG! JMO. singer

I agree with Rustykeys. Nigel should place this post in THE BAR. I get enough politics on the news.

#390538 - 07/14/14 07:23 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

smile

#390539 - 07/14/14 08:29 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I believe the Bible so I don't agree to anything anyone says. Not Rush Limbaugh, Al Gore wh0 became a bigger millionaire with his interpretation nor any other person. Why?

1.Revelation 11:18 But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time came for the dead to be judged and to reward your slaves the prophets and the holy ones and those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.” So, when Jah deems it necessary, he will destroy all of us who are ruining the earth.

2. Ecclesiastes 1:4 A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever. No matter what any educated fool says or how they interpret, Jah says the earth abides forever. What he's says will take place. It's a promise.

3. Matthew 5:5 “Happy are the mild-tempered, since they will inherit the earth. Also in agreement is this scripture, Psalm 37:29 The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.

4. Ecclesiastes 1:4 A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever.

When will all of this happen?

Matt 6:9 “You must pray, then, this way:
“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name+ be sanctified. 10 Let your Kingdom+ come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.

Make no mistake Jehovah's will, will take place on earth as it is in heaven no matter what any human may think, say, or believe.

#390540 - 07/14/14 10:03 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Just to add to this:

The earth will pass away. Revelation 21:1-4, 1 John 2:15-17

The earth will be burned up. 2 Peter 3:10-13

God will shake and remove the heavens and the earth. Hebrews 12:26-29

The earth will be shaken, broken up, and split apart. Isaiah 24:17-23

The earth will perish like a worn out garment. Psalms 102:25-28, Hebrews 1:10-12 (quoting Ps 102 ).

The hills will melt. He will make an utter end of this place. Nahum 1:3-8

At the Messiah's coming, the mountains will melt. Psalms 97:1-6

#390541 - 07/14/14 11:27 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Mountains, just like Beasts in the Bible are symbolic of Governments, Kings, Nations. So, it's all of the wicked, corrupt, lying, cheating rulers and their cohorts, (GOVERNMENTS) and people who pledge their allegiance to these Mountains, Beast, that will be melted (DESTROYED) by Jehovah's Kingdom led by his only begotten son, the Messiah, Anointed King of his Kingdom Jesus Christ and his heavenly organization not by any man made rulers.

Serious Bible students need to do research to discern which is literal and which is symbolic. The problem today is that mankind has turned their backs on Jehovah and his word the Bible. Mankind has become the Blind leading the Blind. If a Blind Man leads another Blind Man, they will both fall into a pit.

The literal Earth Abideth forever. After it is cleansed of all wickedness, the literal Earth is described as being a New Earth.

Here is a quote from a Bible scholar I never heard of before. He says, "In Bible figurative language, "heavens" refers to governments and rulers, and "earth" refers to the nation or people."

There are many others that understand the Bible and elaborate on such symbolism in the entire Bible not just the Greek Scriptures as this quote states above. It's all easy to find today if you desire to. Most people today do not have time, nor care about Jehovah and his inspired word, the Bible.

This is why the bible says at Matthew 7:13-14, "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

#390542 - 07/14/14 11:31 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Take it to the bar guys - it's the best place for religion and politics. And, global warming is politics - don't take my word for it - ask Al Gore. He's a politician, created the internet, created global warming, created climate change, and everyone knows politicians don't lie. wink "I did not have sex with that woman" "If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan." "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor - period!" No New Taxes - let me repeat - No New Taxes!" The list is endless

Good bar topic,

Gary cool

#390543 - 07/14/14 11:56 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: travlin'easy]
mirza Offline

Wasn't it all just writen by men, just like any other book.. grin

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#390544 - 07/14/14 12:11 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
It's discussions like these that make me thank god I'm an atheist.

Ian the Happy Heathen

#390545 - 07/14/14 12:22 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
mirza Offline

Ian good to see you.
I just don't see what global warming has to do with any religions...It doesn' t mean if you are religous you have to be blind and ignorant to what is going in our world.

#390549 - 07/14/14 01:06 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: mirza]
brickboo Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
Ian good to see you.
I just don't see what global warming has to do with any religions...It doesn' t mean if you are religous you have to be blind and ignorant to what is going in our world.

Mlrza, You're clouding the issue. It's this simple. Al Gore says global warming is going to destroy civilization today, tomorrow, next week, month or whenever. I say he's all washed up, (wrong) because Jehovah says the earth abides forever, He also promises the meek will possess the earth and live on it forever. He cannot lie. I chose to believe Jehovah over any man, and that includes Al, George, Bill and Obama all put together. I hope you now see what religion has to do with global warming destroying the earth. The Bible for me is the best reason on earth for not believing lies of men. It's discussions like this that make me thank Jehovah that I know he created all things and that he's allowed me to know of him and his Son and King Jesus the Messiah. "Let your Kingdom come!"

#390551 - 07/14/14 01:20 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: brickboo]
mirza Offline

I get that..But on the other hand.Wasn't The Bible also written by men just like any other book??

Sorry, I like to ask qouestions a lot...

#390552 - 07/14/14 01:32 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
rosetree
Unregistered

Yes, it was. But there are fictional and non-fictional books. For those who regard the Bible as non-fictional, the text was composed by men, but the message behind it wasn't made up by men. But even if you regard it as all fictional and "men-made", one thing is for sure: the Earth wasn't made by men, there is inevitably a force involved man cannot control (whether it is just physics or God), and mankind shouldn't feel too much being in the control seat.

#390553 - 07/14/14 01:49 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: ]
Rustykeys Offline

Loc: Massachusetts/USA
Gentlemen!(and the terms used loosely) Is this what becoming an old Fart sounds like? If so,I have instructed my kids to KMN (kill me now) if I start talking Global Warming, instead of playing music.. keys

#390554 - 07/14/14 01:49 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: ]
mirza Offline

That is all good..But, men and women didn't know a lot of things few thousand years ago..Back than they didn't cut trees at this rate, or pollute the air we breath.

#390555 - 07/14/14 01:50 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Mirza, check your PM box, please. I simply just like Tony meant to express my reasons for rejecting the theory that the earth is going to fade away because of global warming. There may or may not be global warming. If there is, Jehovah is not going to let man destroy the earth. Jehovah will destroy wickedness in the form of greed, viciousness, and anything that he deems evil and that will solve all the problems of the earth.

#390558 - 07/14/14 02:21 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: mirza]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
It's discussions like these that make me thank god I'm an atheist.

+1

Originally Posted By: mirza
...It doesn' t mean if you are religous you have to be blind and ignorant to what is going on in our world.

Actually, I think it does.....idiots kill each other every day over these fairy tales. Just look at the responses RIGHT HERE from otherwise sane people.

...besides, as someone already pointed out; we aren't going to kill the planet, we're going to kill ourselves....the planet will probably endure long after we've polluted ourselves into extinction. But other than that, have a nice, albeit smoggy day.

chas

#390559 - 07/14/14 02:28 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

JEEZ !!! ... I'm SORRY GUYS ... I DIDN'T MEAN TO START A VERBAL WAR ... I JUST THOUGHT THE 134°F IN DEATH VALLEY WAS AN INTERESTING TID-BIT !!! dancers

Guess I should have picked a different subject title ...

Edited by tony mads usa (07/14/14 02:30 PM)

#390560 - 07/14/14 02:49 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
mirza Offline

Tony relax,there is no war here...We are just talking.Me as a non religious dude, I always like to hear all side of the story.That is why I ask questions.I also like to read.But I read all books, from Ku'ran to Bible and everything in between.

Brickboo, I didn't get anything in my inbox..

Chas, I was one that said that the Earth will just get rid of us and go on like before.It was here long before us and it will be here long after us..

Edited by mirza (07/14/14 02:53 PM)

#390565 - 07/14/14 04:02 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Tony, I didn't realize it was a war friend, I thought it was a discussion. If it's a war I'm outta here. I don't condone war either. He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.

My i30 can still out sequence any arranger in the universe or that has ever been thought of. Ha ha!

#390566 - 07/14/14 04:37 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
124 Offline

Who's gigging on Armageddon Day?

Well, he hasn't asked yet. :);)

#390567 - 07/14/14 04:41 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: 124]
mirza Offline

124, that is a good one...Like I said , only T5 owners will be spared.

#390568 - 07/14/14 04:57 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Organs pollute less than Arranger Keyboards...why? Organ players buy one organ every 20 years; Arranger players (especially Yamaha players) buy 10-15 Arrangers over the same period of time, creating more and more landfills. There is a rumor that the Mediastation has a landfill named in it's honor.

Save the planet, switch to organ.

chas

#390584 - 07/15/14 12:19 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: cgiles]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Organs pollute less than Arranger Keyboards...why? Organ players buy one organ every 20 years; Arranger players (especially Yamaha players) buy 10-15 Arrangers over the same period of time, creating more and more landfills. There is a rumor that the Mediastation has a landfill named in it's honor.

Save the planet, switch to organ.

chas

Like it grin

Bill

#390586 - 07/15/14 12:27 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Anyone that denies the scientific proof of global warming and prefers to think it is only a political opinion is simply crazy. If I offend you then sorry ... actually no I am not you are just showing your ignorance. Politicians on both side of the argument should be ignored cos they know nothing. Just take scientific opinion into account. The north and south poles are melting and the sea level is rising. That is a fact. If you don't acknowledge that then you are just plain wrong because you are ignoring scientific evidence.

#390589 - 07/15/14 03:51 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

"There is none so blind as he that WILL not see". (ALSO from the Bible).

chas

#390608 - 07/15/14 02:15 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

The point is: Global Warming, Atomic Bombs enough to destroy the Earth 100 times over, Germ Warfare, National Anarchy, Riots all over the world neighbor against neighbor, police state, FEMA, the Illuminati you name it and it is all possible. The handwriting is on the wall. If you think any of this can't happen you're an idiot.

However, make no mistake, it will only go as far as Jehovah allows it to go. Then His will, will be done on earth as it is in heaven. All wickedness will be destroyed. The Meek shall inherit the earth and reside therein forever. Jehovah will see to it that the earth will be restored to a paradise just as he planned in the beginning in the Garden Of Eden. It doesn't matter what religion we're in, what we believe or not, His kingdom is coming and it will stop Global Warming, Wars, Drunkenness, Adultery, Lying, Stealing, Cheating and anything else you can think of that is wicked. The odds are he deems more things that we do wicked than what we think is wicked. "Let your Kingdom come, let your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."

#390609 - 07/15/14 05:41 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: brickboo]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: brickboo
His kingdom is coming and it will stop Global Warming, Wars, Drunkenness, Adultery, Lying, Stealing, Cheating and anything else you can think of that is wicked.

With all due respect, I'd like to point out the following. We (the earth) are ONE planet. According to ScienceBlogs dot com, our Galaxy (The Milky Way) has roughly 250 trillion planets within it, and according to Space dot com, there are at least 100 billion galaxies in the Universe. Lets say that The Milky Way, at 250 trillion planets, is an average-sized-galaxy. That would mean that our entire Universe could contain as many as 25,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets within it (all galaxies combined). This is probably a conservative estimation, and that there could be as many as twice that number.
Scientist believe that at least 60-70 billion planets per galaxy can sustain life (x 100 billion galaxies) and assuming that He needs to visit them all, it could be quite a while before his Kingdom actually gets here, depending on where we are in the queue. My point is, we may not want to wait that long and so should maybe take it upon ourselves to take care of some of that "wicked" stuff.....you know, like contributing to global warming.

just saying....

chas

#390618 - 07/15/14 09:52 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

No need assuming he's going to visit all those places. His interest is in people who on earth want to serve him. He's simply going to get rid of the people who do not desire to serve him on a paradise earth. It's not complicated. He sent his Son the Messiah here on Earth to teach mankind about him. John 17:3 says: This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Perhaps one day all the universe will have worshipers of Jehovah. But that for now is all speculation.

For many years Scientist cast doubt on the Bible saying that it was in error by stating that the rabbit did not chew the cud. They are guilty of turning many people away from the Bible and God with that statement. In the 40's by some accident a scientist discovered that indeed the rabbit did chew the cud. God's word was right the scientist were wrong.

Scientist believed the earth was flat from what I was taught until some time around Christopher Columbus. This is what the Bible writer Isaiah had to say long before Columbus.
Isaiah 40:22 There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth. How do you suppose that man Isaiah knew that the earth was round like a circle.

It's because all of the Bible writers were inspired by God as to what they should write. There's never been a scientist I've heard of that's ever been inspired by Jehovah. I will go with what the men who serve Jah say that are blessed with his inspiration. God's plan for mankind and the Earth makes everything else that men plan and do insignificant, if it's not in harmony with what Jehovah is going to do. He will see that their schemes all fail in his due time, not when we want it to happen. All that is expected of us is to be patient and do his will.

#390621 - 07/16/14 12:21 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: cgiles

Scientist believe that at least 60-70 billion planets per galaxy can sustain life (x 100 billion galaxies) and assuming that He needs to visit them all, it could be quite a while before his Kingdom actually gets here, depending on where we are in the queue. My point is, we may not want to wait that long and so should maybe take it upon ourselves to take care of some of that "wicked" stuff.....you know, like contributing to global warming.

just saying....

chas

I have to agree with you chas ... though I think God would not favor any place more than another. I doubt is there is any queuing involved lol.

And scientific opinion nowadays is much more based on actual data as opposed to 500 years ago when the world being flat was simply speculation.

#390622 - 07/16/14 02:10 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
abacus Offline

Like all good politicians the promoters of the bible post details that are completely out of context, in that they quote a verse out of a complete thread, however if you read the full thread you find that the verses mentioned have nothing to do with the subject that the bible promoters refer too.

BTW It was the ancient Greeks who first discovered the world was round (Long before the bible came along) but it was ridiculed and hidden by the religious as it did not conform to what they believed to be true (That the earth was the centre, and everything went round it) until scientists proved beyond doubt that their teachings were (And always had been) wrong. (The same applies to most other things in the bible as well)

If the writers of the bible had the understanding of the world as we do today it would have been written completely different to how it was written then.

The religious believe that nothing changes (The bible is the whole truth) and what was understood then must be correct, scientists on the other hand are always (Without exception) question what has gone before to make sure all the facts are correct and to move forward from a solid foundation. (We would still be in the dark ages if we had followed the bible and marriage would still mean ownership of the women, not a mutual agreement with free will for both (Still practiced with some religions though)

The above is why I will have nothing to do with religion, but by the same token have no problems with others that believe otherwise on the understanding that they do not impose their beliefs onto others. (I believe in facts and possibilities NOT blind faith)

Bill

#390623 - 07/16/14 04:22 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: brickboo]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: brickboo
No need assuming he's going to visit all those places. His interest is in people who on earth want to serve him. He's simply going to get rid of the people who do not desire to serve him on a paradise earth. It's not complicated. He sent his Son the Messiah here on Earth to teach mankind about him. John 17:3 says: This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Perhaps one day all the universe will have worshipers of Jehovah. But that for now is all speculation.

For many years Scientist cast doubt on the Bible saying that it was in error by stating that the rabbit did not chew the cud. They are guilty of turning many people away from the Bible and God with that statement. In the 40's by some accident a scientist discovered that indeed the rabbit did chew the cud. God's word was right the scientist were wrong.

Scientist believed the earth was flat from what I was taught until some time around Christopher Columbus. This is what the Bible writer Isaiah had to say long before Columbus.
Isaiah 40:22 There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth. How do you suppose that man Isaiah knew that the earth was round like a circle.

It's because all of the Bible writers were inspired by God as to what they should write. There's never been a scientist I've heard of that's ever been inspired by Jehovah. I will go with what the men who serve Jah say that are blessed with his inspiration. God's plan for mankind and the Earth makes everything else that men plan and do insignificant, if it's not in harmony with what Jehovah is going to do. He will see that their schemes all fail in his due time, not when we want it to happen. All that is expected of us is to be patient and do his will.

Boo, you've got to stop hanging around those Pot shops there in Colorado; the second-hand smoke can do some serious long-term damage to the brain (ask any of our old ex-hippie musician friends). Or maybe you just need to move back to a nice warm climate like your beloved New Orleans.....but wait; at the rate things are going, if you wait long enough, Colorado will be just as warm and toasty as New Orleans smile smile. Plus, if His Kingdom comes early and gets rid of all the "wickedness" in New Orleans, it could be just like.....Greenwich, CT.

smile

chas

PS: Just pulling your chain, Boo. Not trying to bring you over to the 'dark side' (with me and Ian smile ).

#390624 - 07/16/14 05:59 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
mirza Offline

Thinking on how everything is big in our universe.And then "God" makes "US".Comparing, we are not even a speck on a grand scale of things.And how small god has to be for us to be his slaves.And how wicked he has to be for us to kill in his name.One thing I don't understand is when god kills children , how can that be OK, even if it was by a god??To punish their parents??What is it??

What about Noah and his ARC?God sparred him and his family,and killed all other sinners.What about animals??Sure he saved two from each kind, but he killed all other..And in this it says he is merciful.If a family has 100 persons, and I kill 98 of them and leave two to go on and reproduce, am I really being merciful????

Through all this I am not saying there is no GOD..I doubt there is but I do wish there was one.Not a Santa Clause from these religious books that everyone reads,but the real thing. But I am saying that religion was made by men, I believe very stupid men , without any logic and a common scene.And I believe it's the biggest and most dangerous illness made by man kind.

I always say: "As a species who evolved from a lesser ape, we are making a great progress. But, as a species made by GOD, we failed miserably".

Sorry for grammars,English is my second language..

Edited by mirza (07/16/14 06:00 AM)

#390679 - 07/17/14 12:45 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

When I was on you folks side of this discussion and spewing off all of these comments that you atheists are making, to the gentleman trying to help me understand Jehovah's plan for mankind, he told me this, and I will leave it rest here.

He said, "Boo, if you are correct, no one on Earth has any problems to worry about." He said, "we can eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we will all die." Then he said,"but, if I'm right all mankind has a lot to lose." For they will miss the joy of serving Jehovah and his Son forever on a paradise earth void of all wickedness, oppression, and will never be hungry again."

All I'll add to this is that I considered what he said for some time and made a decision to gain more knowledge of Jehovah, because Jesus said that Knowledge of Jehovah and the one that he sent forth meant everlasting life. Let your name be sanctified, let your kingdom come, let you will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. So be it. May Jehovah bless, and show mercy to any who would desire to know more about him.

#390716 - 07/18/14 07:48 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: brickboo]
mirza Offline

I gotta ask you this Brickboo.
If God made everything and and he is almighty and powerfull, why does he needs us to serve him?We are not even a speck in the universe.And why we want to be sheeps when we are much more as humans??
Actually I have lovely lady comng to my house every week for past 2 years.She is a Jehovah's Vitness.She still thinks that I could change my mind on religion and I really don't have a heart to tell her what I really think about religion in general.I usually ask a lot of questions, and she usually gives me fairy tales answers.But, I would never tell her not to come anymore..My father thought me a good thing.He told me:"Son , most dangerous thing in the world is to read only one book"..

#390727 - 07/18/14 09:05 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Mirza, This is why he cares about us the specks of dust in the Universe. It is the plain simple truth. It is for the meek. Of all the meaning of the word "MEEK," think of it as one who is teachable. Some people don't want to learn about Jehovah. Jehovah forces no one to seek him. He calls the teachable with a yearning to know about him and why things are as they are. He cares about us for a simple reason. He created us and he loves us. But he will not force you to love him. You have to love him by your own free will.
John 3:16
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

#390730 - 07/18/14 09:50 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
mirza Offline

You see , that is what I have problem with.If he let his only son go the way Bible said what would he do to us..I am a fater of 3 kids, and I will never understand that.Or when he asked Abraham( Ibrahim) to kill Isak...I know it' s a test, but who does tests like this??And who kills children just to teach parents a thing or two??All I am saying is, if there is a god , religion gives him a bad , bad name..

#390795 - 07/20/14 11:41 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
rosetree
Unregistered

Just to use this thread for posting some current record temperatures:
Yesterday, on the German North Sea island of Norderney, a new all-time-high temperature was measured:
93,4°F.
This is a remarkable record (of course not significant in terms of climate change). Due to the cold North Sea water, the average afternoon high is just 67°F!

Edited by rosetree (07/20/14 11:42 AM)

#392217 - 08/26/14 01:36 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
rosetree
Unregistered

The second half of this August has been one of the coldest I can remember here in the west of Germany. The monthly maximum just reached a disappointing 81F in the first week of August.
We had to TURN ON THE HEATING four days ago, as the indoor temperature dropped below 65F - this hasn't ever happened before in August.
Today, there were new all-time low records: in Hannover it went down to 38F at night, and near Hamburg it dipped below 32F on ground level. I can't believe it.

#392313 - 08/28/14 05:47 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Rosetree, this is the coolest and rainiest August I've ever seen. They say it's the tenth coldest since 1892. Last winter was awfully cold for a long time here in Western Colorado and they are predicting a colder winter this year. Where's Al Gore hidding?

#392327 - 08/29/14 12:13 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: brickboo]
Nigel Offline
Admin

August has been very hot here in California.

#392330 - 08/29/14 04:59 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
rosetree
Unregistered

I'm just using this thread to post unusual weather events, but I don't connect it to the climate change question,because you can't conclude anything from singular local conditions. In Germany the picture was totally split, in the west it was rainy, but on the Baltic Sea it was one of the warmest, sunniest summers ever. Crazily, northern Sweden had 89F once when we were in the low 70s.
Maybe we could start a weather thread without a title that connects it to the climate change topic, as it's misleading.

#395716 - 11/11/14 01:03 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Personally I will agree with 97% of climate scientists that agree that global warming is real. If you want to agree with the 3% that don't and politicians that don't have a clue ... I would be happy to play poker against you because you don't understand odds.

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

#395723 - 11/11/14 05:56 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
rosetree
Unregistered

I think it would be very negligent to deny that there has been global warming since the 19th century. The upward trend has been clearly measured. It is only wrong to take a few single heat waves as a proof of it or a few cold winters (in one region of the world) to prove it wrong.

#395733 - 11/11/14 08:05 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
abacus Offline

1st of all there is no such thing as global warming, it is a term coined by the media and used by those who haven’t a clue what they are on about.

Climate change however has been going on ever since the earth came into existence, with temperatures way beyond anything that so called climate scientists come out with both hot and cold. (There idea of gloom is quite cold actually)

The question that needs to be asked (And all professional scientists agree) is how much of the warming over the last century, (The temperature has been relatively static since almost the beginning of this century) has been caused by humans and the truth is: nobody knows for sure, but all agree it has had an impact.

Taking into account that the earth’s temperature over the century’s constantly varies between ice age and extremely hot (Virtually no ice caps) putting all your eggs into one basket is suicidal, thus along with reducing our emissions, we should also be ploughing money into our defences so that we can survive the inevitable higher temperatures.

As per usual; there is more money to be made by going green (Both by companies and politicians) then focussing on what needs to be done. (This is one human trait that never changes)

Bill

#395756 - 11/11/14 03:00 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: abacus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: abacus
1st of all there is no such thing as global warming, it is a term coined by the media and used by those who haven’t a clue what they are on about.

I wouldn't disqualify the people who use the term "global warming" like that. Scientists use the term, too. Your statement that there is no such thing like global warming is a joke. Of course there is a clear upward trend in the global average temperature (as written in the article posted), and an upward trend in global temperature can be called global warming.
Regarding the difference of the two terms, this is a good link:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/ombudsman/2011/...ke-a-difference

The main difference between the two terms is that climate change involves more parameters than just temperature, it takes account of a change in precipitation, wind speed etc.

But the point I absolutely agree with you is that a lot of people are more interested in benefitting from the topic themselves instead of providing objective information about it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online