SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#390490 - 07/11/14 09:55 AM Global warming ?!? ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I'm not debating one side or the other but I found this intersting:
Exactly 101 years ago today, Death Valley reached the hottest temperature ever recorded–a scorching 134°F. ...

#390493 - 07/11/14 10:05 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#390496 - 07/11/14 10:57 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Nobody (Even Sceptics) denies that the climate is changing, (This has been proven beyond doubt (And NOT by the useless so called climate scientists) by looking back at the history of the planet) as it has done so many times since the planet came together, the only disagreement is the amount that the human race has made to the change.

BTW. 134 degrees is nothing compared to how hot it has been there in the past.

Bill

#390499 - 07/11/14 11:07 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: abacus]
tony mads usa Offline

Bill ... perhaps you misread my post ... it was "100 years ago", and it is "the hottest temperature ever recorded..."

#390501 - 07/11/14 11:18 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
rosetree
Unregistered

That's a difficult topic. Besides the fact that isolated records are useless for assessing a long-term trend, there are doubts about these old record measurements. The former record of about 137F presumably measured in Libya has been declared invalid recently. There are doubts about the Death Valley record, too:
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2013/jul/15/doubts-cloud-death-valleys-100-year-heat-record/

#390502 - 07/11/14 11:54 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Bill ... perhaps you misread my post ... it was "100 years ago", and it is "the hottest temperature ever recorded..."

Nope

The planet came together millions of years ago, therefore 100 years is a miniscule amount, although the useless so called climate scientists would like you to think otherwise.

Bill

#390503 - 07/11/14 12:48 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Minuscule or not, the last 100 years produced more greenhouse gases and carbon emission than ever - these are responsible for more than increased temperature... Add to that the crazy pace at which the tropical forest (green lung of the planet) is cut, and you'll soon see why the "useless" scientist are trying, in vain it seems, to make people aware of the effects.

The attitude of "I don't care, I will not live that long anyway" or something is very bad, very selfish and ultimately, inhumane. And we might be surprised, if we could only realize, how close the point of no return is, unless something changes indeed.

Of course, we're the happy ones, we always could just lock the door, turn the keyboard on and play to the end - for some reason this image remind me of the orchestra from Titanic...

#390504 - 07/11/14 01:27 PM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: adimatis]
tony mads usa Offline

as I said I'm not going to debate the issue ... I just thought the statement was interesting ...
sorry I brought it up ...

#390507 - 07/12/14 06:43 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: tony mads usa]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Tony, there is no debate abou this.Homosapiens is the virus that spreads.But we are not killing the Earth.When it becomes enough The Earth will just spit us out and continue on like before us.Well, all but T5 owners..

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#390524 - 07/13/14 04:49 AM Re: Global warming ?!? ... [Re: abacus]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: abacus
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Nope

The planet came together millions of years ago, therefore 100 years is a miniscule amount, although the useless so called climate scientists would like you to think otherwise.

Bill

The ice caps are melting ... That is all that matters. Anything else is trivial. That is total proof of global warming. When the ice caps have gone so is the human race.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online