SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#389788 - 06/15/14 01:06 PM Re: HK Lucas Nano 600 Discussion / Reviews? [Re: jimlaing]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Line array systems came out when I was in my mid 20s. The first company that I know to introduce them was Executone. I worked for that company, installing these systems in large theaters and churches in Maryland, Virginia and DC. It was a dangerous job, mainly because the sound columns were primarily installed in the corners of the venue near the ceiling and they were arched so they would face slightly downward. And, in the center of the room, hanging from the ceiling, was a monster sub system that consisted of 4 25-inch subs in a heavy, wooden enclosure. Let me tell you, that was no picnic to hang that baby. I'm guessing the weight was pretty close to 200 pounds. And, we were often working, without safety lines, 50 to 60 feet above the floor. I was pretty young and dumb back then, but Carol wasn't. She made sure I had a big accidental death policy.

Back then, the early 1960s, I was very impressed with the overall sound quality that we enjoyed in the theaters. It was magnificent to say the least, and there was no band that could duplicate it. IMO, the big difference was the vertical array sound columns that made the difference.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#389790 - 06/15/14 02:36 PM Re: HK Lucas Nano 600 Discussion / Reviews? [Re: jimlaing]
robinkeyboardmagic Offline

Hi Jim
I got the speaker stands so you can use it in stereo and it looks and sounds great. I will be using it in a couple of weeks at a booking that needs a bit more volume so I'll be taking the stage pas 600i and seeing how it compares. So far, though, I prefer the nano 600 - it seems a fuller sound to me - presumably because of the sub. I'll post more the next couple of weeks once I've given the system a few more outings! By the way, I am currently playing Yamaha tyros 4 and Korg pa600 through it.

#389794 - 06/15/14 03:46 PM Re: HK Lucas Nano 600 Discussion / Reviews? [Re: robinkeyboardmagic]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Thanks- I'll look forward to your next reviews/comments …
Jim

#389804 - 06/16/14 12:02 AM Re: HK Lucas Nano 600 Discussion / Reviews? [Re: jimlaing]
robinkeyboardmagic Offline

Hi Jim
Forgot to say, I'm using either the mixer on my keyboard (i.e. mic into keyboard then left and right from keyboard into nano) or a separate mixer by me. The mixer on the nano is good but no reverb so no use for singing mic. Re ease of set up, I would say much the same time as the stage pas. i do prefer the look of the nano, though, and the bass and quality of sound.
Robin

#389819 - 06/16/14 12:13 PM Re: HK Lucas Nano 600 Discussion / Reviews? [Re: robinkeyboardmagic]
jimlaing Offline

Hi - thanks ... are the HK speaker stands lightweight (aluminum)? I'd think with the "satellite" speakers being so small and light, the stands for them could be quite lightweight.

Are the Speakon cables they come with the kind (that I see often) with very thick, heavy cable, or relatively lightweight cable? I see the Speakon cables in the music stores, which often seem like "overkill" (thickness of cable) for small setups with relatively small # of watts of power. I found it hard to find "lightweight" Speakon cables; they all seem "ultra-heavy-duty" ... ???

Thanks!
Jim

#390426 - 07/09/14 08:19 AM Re: HK Lucas Nano 600 Discussion / Reviews? [Re: jimlaing]
jimlaing Offline

I guess the Nano 600 is still not available in the US. I'm curious if you did that gig you mentioned, that was coming up, and how it all went with the Nano 600? I hope they are available in the US at some point …

Thanks,
Jim

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online