SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#38933 - 05/20/06 08:59 AM Re: IS THIS FORUM DRYING UP?
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
It's inevitable really that this Technics forum would in the not too distant future suffer from falling membership, to a point where very little activity was occuring, and members would start to realize that the situation could be very serious!

I still own my KN7000 and have no intention of selling it, but as i've pointed out before on this forum, sometimes it's just nice to experience the change to another keyboard. A lot of members from this forum have now moved on to other forums, or keep in touch privately. What is happening here
is die hard Technics fans (myself included) are moving on.

It's hard for some to accept I know but Technics are no more, and the KN7000 has now had it's day, it is one of the best keyboards I have ever owned, and I still love playing it, but new technology makes the new instruments even more attractive.

Just my thoughts on facing the reality of the desperate situation here.

Peter

#38934 - 05/20/06 10:05 AM Re: IS THIS FORUM DRYING UP?
Adam Glinka Offline

Loc: Des Plaines,Illinois USA
KN7
I wish you were my neighbor.I live in Chicago and can not find anybody i could share my ideas and learn something new about KN7000.
Just those 2 tips show that you really know what to do with this machine.
I hope you'll be aregular guest on this site
Greetings
Adam

#38935 - 05/20/06 10:05 AM Re: IS THIS FORUM DRYING UP?
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Pretty good thread going here. Yes the KN7000 is the flagship that gets the most posts. But don't count out other Technics Models that people have.

I'm sure there are folks out there that still have past KN models and of course the PR models. So I guess the feedback by kn7 is not just limited to people with the KN7000 but all Technics models. So lets hear from you too!

I can't afford to go to the next model each time a new one comes out, or in this case a whole new Make. Not to mention the learning curve. So I plan to keep what I have for sometime. I still have the PR900 that came out the same time the KN3000 did and also have the PR804.

Lets make some music on the forum!

Thanks,

Anthony

#38936 - 05/20/06 06:13 PM Re: IS THIS FORUM DRYING UP?
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Drying Up?
Thx to this post no.
Kn2600 user here and still enjoying it .
Have used various sounds&rythms for my
music compositions for Television.

Barry

#38937 - 05/20/06 07:37 PM Re: IS THIS FORUM DRYING UP?
kn7 Offline

Dear members,

Thanks, again for all your replies. My post also meant ALL KN keyboards but I just mentioned the three latest models as an example. I should have also included the KN2600. I remember well how overwhelmed the KN1000 was when it came out and I bought it. I later bought the KN6000 and then later, the KN7000. All the Technics keyboards are quite advanced. I look at it this way: If Rembrandt were alive and you presented him with 10 colors and you said that if he waits, there will be 15 colors to choose from. He would tell you that 10 is enough because out of 10, I can create thousands of colors by knowing how to use them. Well it is the same with the KN boards. They have so many features in them that there isn't any type of music you can't create. Thinking as I do in no way makes me have my head buried in the sand with future technology. I am all for new technology but there comes a point when you own a keyboard like a KN7000, there isn't much else that would be major enough to give me the incentive to buy another brand. Perhaps a company will come out with a heart shaped SD card. I won't be one of the buyers.

I would like to see many of you get interested in doing your own styles. Don't let the COMPOSER intimidate you. I will say that in order for you to do good work, you must think clearly how each musician plays. Playing a bass part is not like playing a piano. You must THINK like a bass player. Playing a C note and moving up to a G, you don't just hit the G on the keyboard you also use GLIDE because a bass player moves his fingers up to play the note and he BENDS the note into tune. The same is for a guitarist. You don't just play the notes on the keyboard for a guitar solo, you have to bend (glide) notes in the RIGHT PLACES to make the solo believable. It all takes practice and above all, listening to and thinking how a good musician of any instrument plays that instrument.

kn7

#38938 - 05/20/06 11:38 PM Re: IS THIS FORUM DRYING UP?
sturgeon Offline

As far as I am concerned the KN2600 rules! It is far more immediate and easier to cart about than the Tyros 2 that I use at one of the places I work. But look at the number of recent posts on this forum that refer to prior incarnations of the KN (etc) series. Some of these date back quite a number of years. Surely this proves that the forum is both alive, and much needed by the Technics playing community?

Cheers,

s.

#38939 - 05/21/06 06:51 AM Re: IS THIS FORUM DRYING UP?
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Yes, I agree fully with all writers. When Tyros2 came out, I was tempted by the hype and enthusiastic after hearing the sample/demo songs of the new keyboard. Obviously lot of KN7 technology was implemented in this new Yamaha flagship. But then I came back with my feet on the ground. I know that I still do not know a lot of the possibilities of the keyboard. I have a busy full-time job with study need and other activities in private time so purchasing a Tyros2 would be crazy. The KN7 still has nice features and even secrets for me. Apart from music hobby I have other hobbies in the field of "creative communications", like photography (see my photo albums on my site http://vision-4-life.nl) en website building. After our visit to friends in Brazil we came to meet Betty Smit, a missionary worker in Manaus and I became kind of co-worker: webmaster. The Dutch site is on air, but I found somebody who starts on translating: http://zending-amazones.nl/English

So in short: the KN6000, KN7000 and KN2600 are keyboards of a high quality platform and worth attention by musicians and hobbyists.

Regards, Fred

#38940 - 05/21/06 07:52 AM Re: IS THIS FORUM DRYING UP?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi all.

Not to worry, it has always been up and downs regarding to numbers of
treads and posts, this happen at most user forums around.
As we know, there is no more new Technics keyboards coming, but there
sure are quite a lot of KN's etc. around the world who still have many,
many years left to give people musically pleasure.

There is also a second hand market who will gain new members and more
life to the forum when the proud "newbies" find the way, and if anyone
feel the need for more action, it's maybe an idea to visit "The Bar" or
some other of the sections here at SZ, such as i.e. "General Arranger
Forum".

Happy Playing & Posting.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#38941 - 05/21/06 08:15 AM Re: IS THIS FORUM DRYING UP?
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi KN7 , thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to explain the advance /delay setup in the Technics keyboard .
I will print this out and keep it in the instruction manual .

Regards ..........Giovanni

#38942 - 05/22/06 03:50 AM Re: IS THIS FORUM DRYING UP?
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Adam Glinka:
KN7
I wish you were my neighbor.I live in Chicago and can not find anybody i could share my ideas and learn something new about KN7000.
Just those 2 tips show that you really know what to do with this machine.
I hope you'll be aregular guest on this site
Greetings
Adam

Hey Adam,

You're goegraphically about as close as any other keyboarders I have encountered here! I live in Madison (Wisconsin). You ever in this area?? I can't believe I am the only Technics owner in this area!

Happy playing!

Ted Rose

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 05-22-2006).]

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online