SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38909 - 10/02/03 02:06 AM New sound boards and drums question
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Do any one of the four sound boards include different drums sets?

If so, are they stronger?

And, if so which one would that be?

For Big Band and Latin, which one would you suggest?

Thanks, John C.

Since the days of the shopping malls, I have had a love for the organs. This is before keyboards arrived. Sooooo, I just added bass pedals to my Kn7000. I'm building my organ.

#38910 - 10/02/03 02:42 AM Re: New sound boards and drums question
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi John,

Good for you! You will have many happy hours of organ playing with your new pedals. I bought mine more than a year ago and it was one of the best decisions I've made. I'm still learning to play them. Its fun and the beauty of having them is that you can create your own bass line using any of the acoustic, electric or synth basses rather than relying on the in-built bass of the onboard styles. As an example, I select an electric bass, set the keyboard up as a combo and have a great time with jazz tunes like "I'll Remember April" and so many others. Have fun, John!

Best Regards, Chuck

#38911 - 10/02/03 10:45 AM Re: New sound boards and drums question
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hello Again John,

More information for you. I have the EW-01, EW-02, and EW-03 expansion boards. I pulled the spec sheets for each one from my files to gather information for you.

The EW-01 board has eight factory-created drum kits. They are: Club Kit 1; Club Kit 2; Studio Kit; 70's Kit; Resonant Kit; Rock Kit; Timbales & Bells; and, Shaker's Kit. As you know, each key on the keyboard is a percussion instrument you can use to program the user drum kit, or use to add individual drum sounds to your recordings. All of those percussion instruments are changed by the EW-01 board, so you have a whole new range of percussion sounds on the keys. I had the board installed for a while but never listened to the drums so cannot give you an opinion regarding their sound quality.

The EW-02 board does not have any factory-created drum kits, but does provide a different selection of percussive instruments on the keys. There are two Orchestral Bass Drum selections, a number of Orchestral Snare Drum selections, several Timpani selections that are tone specific, a couple of Cymbal selections, a couple of Tamborine selections, and four Triangle selections. The keys C1 thru A#1 are not used, nor are the keys F#5 thru C6. Again, I have not heard the sounds so cannot comment on them.

The EW-03 board does not have any drum kit options. However, it does offer some very good organ sounds. Since you have bought pedals and intend to play organ, they may offer you some helpful additions to the already extensive organ sounds on your KN7000. I still have the KN6000 and because of my interest in playing organ, I have the EW-03 board installed.

I intend to buy the EW-04 expansion board any day now because it won't be much longer before I upgrade to the KN7000 or its successor if one materializes in the next few months and then I will have the use of all four boards.

If you wish, I will be happy to scan and e-mail copies of the spec sheets for the EW-01, 02, and 03 boards to you so you can see the many options each board offers.

Hope this helps you. Take care.

Best Regards, Chuck

#38912 - 10/02/03 02:41 PM Re: New sound boards and drums question

Chuck, you're special. I do appreciate you going through all that research. That kind of stuff makes the world turn so much nicer.
And no, I'll go through the postings and get more info, you have done enough.

Thank you, John C.

#38913 - 10/02/03 03:17 PM Re: New sound boards and drums question
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi John,
I've got all 4 boards. I must admit I haven't tried the drums as yet, I 've only used sounds to play melodies.
I could find the list and see what's on expansion board 4.

It's a bit of an extravagance getting all 4 boards, but I don't regret it.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bruno123:
[B]Do any one of the four sound boards include different drums sets?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#38914 - 10/02/03 07:38 PM Re: New sound boards and drums question

Hi Rikki, Not a bad idea, four great boards with all those great sounds--That's for me.

I hope my wife doesn't read this post. ha ha
It's only money.

Rikki, I'm glad I have not heard the boards, the temptation to have them would be more than I could resist.
Hmmmmm!!!!!

Have a great day, John C.

#38915 - 10/03/03 03:08 PM Re: New sound boards and drums question
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi John,
they are fairly pricey, and I'm hoping they'll still be useable in the the next generation of kn's. Either way, "it's only money" so might as well spoil myself while hubby can afford it. ( hope he doesn't read this post either) haahaa only joking , he's been spoiling me rotten for 30 plus years.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bruno123:
[B]

I hope my wife doesn't read this post. ha ha
It's only money.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online