SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#387990 - 04/16/14 01:28 PM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

Well if people are going to be lazy about their music & not give 110% then they will only get out of it what they put into it IMO.
If that's the case I wouldn't even bother showing anyone a video that is less then perfect IMO. You really have to make yourself STAND OUT amongst the rest in this game..
Or Clients will just go elsewhere ....

Edited by Dnj (04/16/14 01:29 PM)

#387998 - 04/16/14 03:13 PM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto! If you want top quality production type videos, hire Captain Russ - He'll provide you with what you need. The only reason I recorded videos was for instructional purposes, such as the setup vids I put on You Tube last year and a few years ago. I was amazed at the number of other performers that called and asked how to create the console I have, and the top rack for the Rock and Roller cart. There are a dozen guys nationwide using the exact same setup I have now, all of whom are doing the senior circuit in various parts of the country. They all claimed the videos helped them get started. I was glad I could provide that kind of help to other players.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#388024 - 04/17/14 06:28 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Dnj]
Beemer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Ian please explain further?

Donny,

Obviously videos as, with sound recordings, are perceived differently by different folks. I cannot tell from the video whether this was made by yourself or made by the mentioned, presumably professional, Hurricane productions.

Regardless, again to my eyes, the video compression, whether as uploaded or compressed by You Tube, was poor with many compression artifacts. Next the camera was handheld and apparently without stabilisation enabled. Lastly the editing had some clips back to back which were so short that I hardly had time to look at the content before they were gone.

Sorry if I have spoiled the party (or the wedding) frown

Ian

#388028 - 04/17/14 06:46 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beemer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Beemer
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Ian please explain further?

Donny,

Obviously videos as, with sound recordings, are perceived differently by different folks. I cannot tell from the video whether this was made by yourself or made by the mentioned, presumably professional, Hurricane productions.

Regardless, again to my eyes, the video compression, whether as uploaded or compressed by You Tube, was poor with many compression artifacts. Next the camera was handheld and apparently without stabilisation enabled. Lastly the editing had some clips back to back which were so short that I hardly had time to look at the content before they were gone.

Sorry if I have spoiled the party (or the wedding) frown

Ian

Ian it was a commercial demo video off you tube I had nothing to do with making it...your missing the point, so called quality aside....the video was intended to show the difference between a stand alone boring video with one continuous angle versus and multiangle multi faceted view for the client to see.
These can be easily done with a home cam using a second person no biggie..will it increase jobs? I doubt it as clients aren't stupid and know any demo CD or Video can easily be manipulated sound or video wise to be perceived better, ...every show is different, every show brings a different response from the audience, every show is energetically produced by the player differently according to what interaction the crowd brings to the entertainer,......nothing can compare to a live show for the clients approval. All I can say is make yourself really STAND OUT from the ordinary everyday competition...
and if you do they will Come After YOU instead you you chasing them for jobs.. wink

Edited by Dnj (04/17/14 06:47 AM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online