Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Quick pic of the compact rig

Col

Attachments
DSC00588.JPG

#387807 - 04/11/14 07:38 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: Saswick]
KORG80 Offline

Pretty impressive setup. Looks very efficient.

God bless,
Don

#387808 - 04/11/14 07:51 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: Saswick]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: Saswick
Quick pic of the compact rig

Col

This is why I come to the this forum every day - this kind of information makes this one of the best music forums on the Internet. And, you can bet your a$$ that the person who is no longer here would have something negative, degrading and malicious to say about it. Do I miss him - HELL NO!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#387811 - 04/11/14 08:53 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: travlin'easy]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Guy's

Quick point regarding the MP-75 mic from TC-Helicon. It is very directional, super cardioid pattern, now I can work in front of my speakers (12" behringer active's) with no feedback at all. It just takes a little getting used to, if you move sideways away from the mic the reduction in volume is very noticeable other than that it works very well with the VLT. Used as a hand mic the ability to switch the harmony on and off via the button on the mic is brilliant.

I have found already that the type of people I play for are only interested in the vocals, they don't care whether you play an instrument or not, so the G70 is now staying put at home for my amusement and to prepare the backing tracks.

If that sounds like a Karaoke show so be it LOL

Regards

Col

#387812 - 04/11/14 11:45 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

This is why I come to the this forum every day - this kind of information makes this one of the best music forums on the Internet. And, you can bet your a$$ that the person who is no longer here would have something negative, degrading and malicious to say about it. Do I miss him - HELL NO!

Gary cool

Don't see the point of trying to demonize someone who is not here to defend themselves nor do I understand how you can so positively predict what someone else will do or say. One thing I DO understand though, is that, as one of the grand poobahs of this forum, you feel entitled to do this with total impunity. I don't recall Diki ever badmouthing YOU personally; gear maybe, but rarely if ever engaging in PERSONAL attacks. Even his gear attacts were directed mostly at the manufatuers, not the owners. Of course no one will speak up because here, personalities count far more than facts.

I'm not trying to stir any pots here, but I find it annoying that certain people can say anything they want against someone, as long as that 'someone' is already unpopular for deviating from 'club policy' or expressing a divergent point of view. BUT...if the 'unpopular' person says practically anything, those words are dissected, twisted, distorted, and spun as negative, argumentative, or sarcastic. To paraphrase one of our members here, it's not what is said but who is saying it.

chas

#387815 - 04/11/14 12:42 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
C'mon guys, give it a break - no one here is all that damned smart, other than DonM and myself. I love opinions based upon fact, but unfortunately, that was not always the case in the past, and may not be in the future. Factual opinions, however, in years past, really helped me a lot in firing up my NH gigs/jobs, and that was the main reason I came here - to learn from others who had some first-hand, factual information that I could utilize in my part of the world. In the process, I made a lot of good friends, many of which I have met in person, and hope to see again in the near future. (At my age, and nasty health condition, I don't have a distant future.) The list is pretty darned long, and personally, I can't thank these fine people enough for contributing to my success in the musical entertainment business. If I had unlimited income, and a small plane like Deane Peters (Hammer), I would be flying around the U.S. and meeting up with more zoners. Unfortunately, I didn't hit Lotto last week, the boat only covers the eastern seaboard's coastal areas, but damned, I'm sure having fun.

Hell, this forum sent me to Nashville.

You guys made it possible for me to buy a sailing yacht.

I get to sing to a play to some really hot ladies.

That more could a guy want?

Thanks guys,

Gary cool

watch out that Green Margairta doesn't spill on the keys surprised

#387821 - 04/11/14 02:32 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hell, I'd give that big hunk a hug in a minute, but I can't reach that high. It's a "Mutt and Jeff" kind of deal (LOL)!

Russ (the short, fat one) Lay

#387837 - 04/12/14 12:13 AM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
I don't recall him ever badmouthing YOU personally; gear maybe, but rarely if ever engaging in PERSONAL attacks.
chas

Actually I do chas. Many times he made his "indirect slams" about any posts related to Gary's boating. In the end I was done with those "indirect attacks" which he said he was never gonna stop. That was when I banned him permanently.

While this is a forum for arranger keyboards it is also a social meeting place for arranger users where casual discussion IS allowed. I have a problem with forum members that have a problem with that. If they have a problem with me allowing that ... well that's too bad.

#387889 - 04/13/14 07:43 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Nigel, Chas thanks for clarifying this. Man I thought Gary was talking about me. I mean I'm really down on playing 4 chords for 30 years and never learning the fifth one on even letting it cross one's mind to improve slightly. Whew, man that's shallow. Oops I'm sorry, I'd better watch my self. Apologies Friends.
Cavanaugh, get your butt in here and help me out eh?

#388039 - 04/17/14 03:30 PM Re: Knock Knock, is this thing on? [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
FOUR??? Hank Williams said there were only three and I believed him all these years. Thanks for your enlightenment Boo.
How many music jobs you up to in the last five years or so, half a dozen? In other words, ALL the Jazz jobs in Colorado! Hold on to that Jazz though, it's the coming thing.
smile
I love ya Boo, you're a musical snob and you are true to your ideals. I'm more of a whore but it's a lot of fun!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online