SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#387626 - 04/05/14 05:08 PM Re: For Thelonious Monk lovers - all one of you. [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
OR, we do something ELSE for a living and live with the choice and comfort.

That's what we (you and I) did.

Whether that was the right decision is a question I constantly ask myself.

Damn!

Russ

#387628 - 04/05/14 06:33 PM Re: For Thelonious Monk lovers - all one of you. [Re: cgiles]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I played music for a living ever since I was around 15 years old...I've done very few other type jobs, and if I did, they were related to playing music or working with keyboards.

Now at 65, and restructuring things before I start gigging again, I can say I have no regrets.

Playing music has always been the central theme and never a sideline. Sometimes i had to make hard choices, but they were worth it.

Ian

#387631 - 04/06/14 02:42 AM Re: For Thelonious Monk lovers - all one of you. [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Nigel, don't know if you're familiar with this group; if not, check this out. You MUST listen to the entire thing, especially Cory Henry's synth solo towards the end. THEY might give Chick's group a run for their money. I don't think it gets much better than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_XJ_s5IsQc

chas

Loved it chas. I am going to listen to more of their clips that I see listed at Youtube. You were right that synth solo is awesome. I bet Chick would love it too. But you can be certain I won't be comparing it to Elvis wink

#387632 - 04/06/14 03:41 AM Re: For Thelonious Monk lovers - all one of you. [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: captain Russ

Thanks, Chas...didn't know these kids before.

A real joy to see, AND WATCH!

They'll never make much money, and, for even top jazzers, that's reality.

And that's a damn shame.

Russ

I didn't know them either until chas told us. But they sure deserve to be rewarded for the musical ability they have. I will be buying their DVD after hearing them. Their music is magical.

#410846 - 11/05/15 03:26 AM Re: For Thelonious Monk lovers - all one of you. [Re: cgiles]
mackel Offline

Loc: Phoenix AZ
Nice playing.

Edited by mackel (11/05/15 04:41 AM)

#410847 - 11/05/15 03:36 AM Re: For Thelonious Monk lovers - all one of you. [Re: mackel]
mackel Offline

great playing clap

#410850 - 11/05/15 04:43 AM Re: For Thelonious Monk lovers - all one of you. [Re: mackel]
mackel Offline

Originally Posted By: mackel
Nice playing.
Nice playing.
Nice playing.
great playing clap
great playing clap
great playing clap
great playing clap
great playing clap
great playing clap
great playing clap

#410860 - 11/05/15 08:06 AM Re: For Thelonious Monk lovers - all one of you. [Re: cgiles]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Chas I'm elated that this popped up again. Got to listen to a great tune again too. Great sound, great performance. Fine entertainer and Musician Extraordinaire. Plenty of chord changes that all sound perfect. Man if I'd be rich instead of great looking, I'd be flying to Ga. every weekend to gig in the living room if necessary. I say weekends because I'd be with my friend SonnyG out on the West Coast. If you heard him talk you'd know he was from Sippi. If you heard him play you wouldn't believe it. A Hattiesburg Miss boy doing real jazz extremely well.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online