SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 23 of 52 < 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 51 52 >
Topic Options
#382546 - 01/25/14 03:00 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Whether or not it's manmade is the controversial aspect of global warming. I, along with many in the meteorological scientific community do not believe for one second that man has the slightest ability to effect climactic changes of the planet.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#382548 - 01/25/14 03:29 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
124 Offline

Been thawing like crazy this past couple of days here in Alberta at +8C. We're getting the Pineapple Express, a warm blast in off the South Pacific. Come Sunday, though, arctic air swoops in from the Yukon and we tank to -18C.

smile Well they say variety is the spice of life, eh?

#382549 - 01/25/14 03:30 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I, along with many in the meteorological scientific community do not believe for one second that man has the slightest ability to effect climactic changes of the planet.

Gary cool

You're right. It's cow farts. However, if you eat too much fiber, you may also be contributing. JMO.

smile

chas

#382552 - 01/25/14 03:41 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: 124]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: 124
Been thawing like crazy this past couple of days here in Alberta at +8C. We're getting the Pineapple Express, a warm blast in off the South Pacific. Come Sunday, though, arctic air swoops in from the Yukon and we tank to -18C.

smile Well they say variety is the spice of life, eh?

Is it the Chinook?

#382558 - 01/25/14 04:34 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
124 Offline

Not quite. That's what they're known as in southern Alberta, but we don't typically get those farther north. There can be quite a disparity in temperatures between the north and south of the province.

#382573 - 01/26/14 02:36 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
rosetree
Unregistered

Your profile doesn't show where you are from. How far north in Alberta is it? Much north of Edmonton?
I've only been to BC, I was fascinated by the Okanagan valley climate.

#382575 - 01/26/14 03:38 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

confused2

Attachments
Tri_State_Current_Temperatures.jpg

#382577 - 01/26/14 05:33 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles

You're right. It's cow farts. However, if you eat too much fiber, you may also be contributing. JMO.

smile

chas

For those who might not have been aware and thought I was just being crude, here is just one of many articles on the subject.
http://www.ibtimes.com/cow-farts-have-la...-change-1487502

chas

#382578 - 01/26/14 05:41 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Whether or not it's manmade is the controversial aspect of global warming. I, along with many in the meteorological scientific community do not believe for one second that man has the slightest ability to effect climactic changes of the planet.

Gary cool

I'm critical in both directions, so I don't accept all the warnings in a naive way either. I have heard some 'pro man made climate change' scientists state very questionable things just to make climate change appear more dramatic - and as a consequence I got sceptical and always ask myself: Does this scientist speak rationally about facts and observations or does he have an incentive to present things in a certain way (e.g. does he want more funds for his institute to grow, sell his own books, be part of the climate change industry...).

But on the other hand, don't overrate the size of the atmosphere. The decisive layer for our climate is only 10 miles high, and there are some examples of eruptions of a single volcano that changed the entire climate worldwide for 2 years.

#382579 - 01/26/14 05:47 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Oh BTW, Gary. Just got back from Key West, passing through Marathon, of course. Took my new Motorhome on it's maiden voyage
(is there a song in there -- well only if you listen to jazz).
Stopped in Tampa for the RV Supershow (cold as hell), then Sarasota (cold as hell), then the Everglades National Park (cold as heck) and finally the Keys (chilly at night). Wow, if you can't get warm in Florida, then where? We still have a house on the Big Island (Hawaii) which is up for sale but I may take that 'for sale' sign down smile. It was down to 6 f here in Atlanta a few nights ago. Might as well move back to Philly, at least I can be close to Fran smile.

chas

Page 23 of 52 < 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 51 52 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online