SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#385908 - 03/06/14 12:25 PM Re: OT - more health cr@p [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks for the information, Bill. I've tried calling him several times today, figuring he should be back in his room by now, but after that episode he won't be taking any calls for a while.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#385909 - 03/06/14 12:33 PM Re: OT - more health cr@p [Re: DonM]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Bill thanks for letting us know about our friend. I don't want to call and flood Susan with a BUNCH OF QUESTIONS. Maybe you or Gary can keep us informed, I hope.
Thanks again Bill

#385911 - 03/06/14 01:45 PM Re: OT - more health cr@p [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Just heard from Susan...Don had some complications but he is doing well & recovering in ICU now....more later.

#385914 - 03/06/14 04:00 PM Re: OT - more health cr@p [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Don is out of surgery, in the ICU and his condition is critical, but stable and improving.

Essentially, what occurred is the catheter curled while inside the coronary artery, and as it was being withdrawn it punched a hole in the coronary artery. This is extremely rare, but can occur. The tear in the artery caused him to lose a lot of blood, all of which was going into his chest cavity.

In order to repair the tear, which also resulted in a heart attack (myocardial infarction) they had to rush him to the operating room, opened his chest, then removed a segment of saphenous vein from his leg, which was used to bypass the damaged area. They also used a segment of mammary artery from his chest wall to do additional repairs. In the process the doctors noted some blockage of his circumflex coronary artery as well, but is was only about 50 percent, which you can live with.

He will likely be in the ICU for at least two to three days, then moved to a step-down area before being moved back to a room with a full-time cardiac monitor. After about another 3 to 7 days, depending upon his progress, they will get him out of bed and begin physical and cardiac rehab. Depending on his progress, he should be out of the hospital in two to three weeks, then on a 3 to 4 day a week physical and cardiac rehab program for about 12 to 24 weeks, depending on his insurance coverage. It's a long road, but Don is a pretty strong guy and physically, I'm sure he can handle it. The mental anguish, however, can be even more difficult to overcome. I sincerely believe he's pretty strong in that department as well. Then it's back to golf, fishing and music.

Gary cool

#385916 - 03/06/14 04:09 PM Re: OT - more health cr@p [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks, Gary and Donny:

Anything regarding operating rooms and operations get my full attention. I'm hoping that Mason recovers quickly like the trooper he is. My prayers are with him.

Dave Rice

#385917 - 03/06/14 07:09 PM Re: OT - more health cr@p [Re: Riceroni9]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Wishing you well Don. My Dad had bypass surgery many years ago and hasn't had any related troubles since. All of this is fodder for a good country song...maybe I'll work on it. In the meantime rest............

#385918 - 03/06/14 07:15 PM Re: OT - more health cr@p [Re: DonM]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Thanks friends for keeping us posted. If I called, I'd do him more harm than good. I'd just break up. I can't handle this stuff very well.
Thanks again

#385919 - 03/06/14 07:40 PM Re: OT - more health cr@p [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Boo, he won't be able to take calls for at least a week. No phones in the ICU, CCU or Step Down center.

I'm merely speculating how long he will be in the hospital from my many years of working in this field. He could go home sooner if his progress accelerates.

Gary cool

#385920 - 03/06/14 09:51 PM Re: OT - more health cr@p [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Nigel, I got to meet the gal holding up the pair of largemouth bass, and I know the guy that took the photo. It was a promo shot for a bass fishing boat company.

Gary cool

That's awesome Gary. I hope they would approve of the non commercial use of that image for our song. It just seemed to fit in.

#385934 - 03/07/14 11:03 AM Re: OT - more health cr@p [Re: Nigel]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... no news about Don? ...

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online