SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38258 - 11/24/01 01:14 AM Boss VF-1 multi-fx; opinions?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I've read favorable reviews about this piece of gear. I was wondering if anyone here has used it for keyboards? It seems to have groups of fx specifically designed into guitars, bass, keys, vocals, studio, categories. How good is it? I have a small home studio and would use this for a number of different things, but I wanted to be sure first and foremost that it sounds good on keys. Especially the amp sims and distortion/overdrive fx. I want to fatten some rhodes and Hammond sounds on my XP-80. Will the VF-1 work? Also, how are the vocal fx, reverbs, compressors, etc?
Finally, this unit has been around for about 2 years. Does anyone know about a newer model in the making? I don't want a VF1 just to find out they're making a VF2 next month.
Thanks

#38259 - 11/27/01 12:55 PM Re: Boss VF-1 multi-fx; opinions?
greg66666 Offline

Loc: Bountiful, Utah, USA
The VF-1 is very good for its price range. It's the lowest priced piece of fx gear I would consider as being any good. It's basically the same fx as are found in the Roland VS Recorder series.

And as for obsolesence, well, you take your chances in this area. There are no guarantees. There's always something cheaper, faster and less expensive.

But really, it's a very flexible piece of outboard gear and if you don't like a specific effect you can always tweak and save it to a user preset. And for what you need you'll probably be very, very happy.

#38260 - 11/27/01 02:04 PM Re: Boss VF-1 multi-fx; opinions?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
This is good. So far on all my searches I've only found 1 person who wasn't happy with it, because he didn't like the COSM FX. Living, breathing, amps is what he wanted. Personally, I like the amp sims, as I have a VG-8 guitar system. This was at another forum, but other than that everyone has had only good things to say.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online