SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38253 - 08/30/01 11:51 AM Glitch and pops?
MCT Offline

Anybody know what may cause glitch and pops to audio tracks (randomly, about 1/10-20s)? I use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.0 and my soundcard is M-Audio Delta 44 (also have SBLive Value). Hard drive is IDE. And it is only Cakewalk, not any other software (like WIN98 Sound Recorder).

Thanx in advance!!

#38254 - 08/31/01 08:16 AM Re: Glitch and pops?
WS Offline

try support at cakewalk.com. Also, if you are doing multiple audio tracks, make the VEL -5 (or whatever it takes to eliminate pops). Don't know anything about your soundcard but multimedia cards such as soundblaster are noisey.

#38255 - 09/02/01 12:35 PM Re: Glitch and pops?
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Usually if you are getting popps on you're audio tracks it's actually the computer pausing and then cycling to check everything . It's always good to set up an extensions set for audio that has all internet and networking extensions turned off . This eliminates the amount of different things the computer has to cycle and check . Also if you're harddrive is not fast enough , that can do it as well . But I would setup an extensions set for audio if you have not done it already .

#38256 - 09/06/01 12:14 PM Re: Glitch and pops?
darique Offline

Loc: Ogden, Utah
Optimize your pc for audio. look on the internet....tweak your vcache, virtual memory, set hard drives for DMA, make sure graphics card is compatible...A million things can cause pops and clicks. Memory is a big culprit.....The easiest thing to do is to is look on the net for windows tips and tricks. after you adjust vcache, virtual memory etc...check that your sound card is compatible with Cakewalk on their site.

#38257 - 09/08/01 07:33 PM Re: Glitch and pops?
aj Offline

Loc: new zealand
Had problems with clicks and pops twice (well 2 big probs anyway) one was the PCI graphics card (went to AGP no probs) second was USB (turned out that My Card (lexicon core 2) and Via apollo chipset M/Bs and USB dont like each other)(bought a internal midi card ! Fixed !)
Check out whether you have the latest drivers for you graphics card for a start .......

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online