SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38212 - 03/30/02 08:19 AM Where to know?
guyb Offline

Loc: The Patch, Victoria, Australia
I need advise despratly, no, not on my spelling, but with my home studio.
I have a Pent 3, 500mhz, 8.5Gig with an Isis soundcard with breakout box. Thinking of upgrading to 1000mhz + 30Gig. I have Cakewalk HS 2002. I want to get a Digital Mixer so I can plug staight into the desk and into the PC. What should I be looking at as far as Digital Mixers and software. I Know this is an open ended question, but I just need some feed back about going from scatching about with the Mouse to setting up semipro studio.

Can u Help

------------------
GRB

#38213 - 04/23/02 01:28 AM Re: Where to know?
blochsound Offline

Digital mixers work great with any seq. software that generates MTC or will sync to MTC or SMPT. Some of the drawbacks of having a digital mixer is buying the digital cards that go in the mixer and the computer for full digital sound, with the setup you have currently the sound card is still getting a analog sound and convering it to digital. I am only guessing that you want the digital console for the automation features. Also you would have to have a digital recorder, like the mackie hdr24/96, and then purchase the upgrade cards to make it fully digital, I say analog is here to stay only becuse the digital market is not intened for the home/project stuio

#38214 - 04/23/02 01:29 AM Re: Where to know?
blochsound Offline

p.s. same with spelling

#38215 - 05/07/02 05:44 AM Re: Where to know?
guyb Offline

Loc: The Patch, Victoria, Australia
Thanks for your help on this matter. However I'm still undecided on how to upgarde my studio. So there maybe more questions on there way.

Thanks again.

------------------
GRB

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online