SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38052 - 02/09/00 05:14 PM New Yamaha AW4416
aliengroover Offline

Loc: Springfield, PA
This thing by far is one of the biggest bits of news to come along in a while. 24 bit recording, up to 16 tracks, up to a 64GB drive, and CD burning! WoW!!! My question to you guys is: $3500. Is it worth it? Oh, go to Yamaha's site, www.yamaha.com/proaudio for more detailed info.

#38053 - 02/10/00 03:11 AM Re: New Yamaha AW4416
Korgasm Offline

Loc: Australia
Aliengroover- This looks hot, so does the new Akai DPS16. Wow there is certainly competiton now between 4 units-

a). Roland VS1880.
b). Korg D16.
c). Akai DPS16.
d). Yamaha (whatever the model is- I've forgotten!!!!).

I will be comparing and contrasting these units this year (and having much fun doing it!). Cheers.

#38054 - 02/29/00 03:18 AM Re: New Yamaha AW4416
Korgasm Offline

Loc: Australia
Yes the AW4416 does look very impressive!

It's look reminds me of my Yamaha O3D- big screen, similar faders and buttons etc. Therefore it looks like I would get into using this quite easily if I went for one later on this year.

It will also have 2 card slots in the back to accept options which Yamaha will be releasing- hopefully ADAT/TDIF/AESEBU/ANALOGUE cards etc and even extra effects/harmony processor on a card like they are doing with their synthes at the moment and like TC electronics have done with the O2R (TC UNITY CARD).

It has 8 aux sends but there aren't all that many analogue outs on the back (mabey this is where the card options come in?). I would definetly get an ADAT card because I could then directly integrate it and my O3D together!!!!

It will feature 2 effects processors on board and induvidual 4 band eq and dynamics etc on each channel. 2 XLR mic inputs will feature phantom power and it will also do 24 bit recording. I like the fact that dedicated knobs will be provided to adjust eq and pan (something I wished my O3D had!).

In the end, I can't wait to get my hand on one of these units and take it for a 'test run!'. Cheers.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online