I have read so many questions on this board about "how to, how to..." how to record drums (5/31) for example. I am no expert but it seems to me that recording the music is the least difficult of tasks if you are going to end up with a demo. I think the bigger issue for those of us trying to make the computer our best allied, is what kind of format should our recording be in order for us to utilize it, right? midi? wav? mp3? what? That's really tough to get, decide, make it work with the right settings and everything, that's why I decided to go with mixman studio and its clear ways to remix and format music. I mean, I can get music samples on wav files for example and use them on mixman made mixes. Creating original tracks is something I am still working on and learning, but for someone used to spinning vinyls, that's not a bad trip into the next phase. The free demo gives a cool overview of the whole thing. So, I don't think that the possibilities are scarce, in fact I think we have too many options and need to stick with whichever way fits our music making demands for the time being. Thank god there are music sites that guide us thru the nuck of information, otherwise we, resourceful and independant producers would still be in the hands of the big guys with suits and degrees and connections.