SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#378712 - 12/19/13 08:31 AM Re: Quanza Songs?...................... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

New songs are coming out all the time .....this was my current concern from previous years. Thanks for all the help I knew my SZ friends would come to the rescue.

Edited by Dnj (12/19/13 08:32 AM)

#378723 - 12/19/13 09:13 AM Re: Quanza Songs?...................... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I was joking about the spelling. No harm intended.
Merry Christmas!

#378729 - 12/19/13 09:57 AM Re: Quanza Songs?...................... [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Ok, Don. My bad. Merry Christmas to you too.

chas

#378817 - 12/19/13 10:27 PM Re: Quanza Songs?...................... [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
but what do I know, being 'stupid' and with 'low intellect'.

Chas I guess you are directly aiming that at me ... even though I didn't call you either of those, you are obviously indicating I did. If so you misread my posting just as postings of yours have been misread from time to time.

In my opinion you had made a statement that I considered to be stupid considering that this is a forum where the majority of members are vocalists. I did not say YOU were stupid. All intelligent people can occasionally can say things that may be perceived as being stupid. Those that think they never do are fooling themselves. They should be intelligent enough to understand that or else they are over estimating their own intelligence.
Originally Posted By: cgiles
PS: For the record, it's KWANZAA.
Seeing as no-one seems to be able to provide an explanation of what Kwanzaa is ... see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa

#378827 - 12/20/13 05:56 AM Re: Quanza Songs?...................... [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Nigel, what would be 'stupid' would be for me to engage in a war of words with the owner and administrator of this forum, particularly if I wanted to continue to participate. But here is the thing; is it possible that YOU might have read more into my post than was actually there? The question was, "Is a singer a musician?"; my response (that you found 'stupid' and 'lacking in intelligence') was, "some are, some aren't". I still believe that and (with the examples I gave) consider that to be an altogether acceptable response (that didn't insult anyone, on this forum or off). Gary agreed and gave a thumbs up. Boo agreed and gave a colorful essay to support his position. Ian (hardly an admirer of mine) defended the post and even opined that it was not only 'not stupid' but actually "well worded". Another of our European members questioned whether this was fair treatment and why it was alright for one member to hurl an obvious insult at another member without consequence while this seemingly innocent post gets such a 'strong' rebuff from the Administrator.

Anyone who knows anything at all about me knows that, above all, I am all about fairness and equal treatment for all. That, along with trying to help people that need my help (like Veterans, and the homeless), is my MISSION at this stage of my life. This is more important to me than music, possessions, or practically anything else you can name. It's one of the reasons I have such a strong affinity with Capt. Russ; because I know first hand that he shares the same values and has the courage to speak up to defend them.

I have ABSOLUTELY no problem admitting when I'm wrong (and there have been plenty of times when I have been - even here on this board), but I don't feel that this (that post) was one of them or that I was deserving of that lambasting.

I graduated cum laude and magna cum laude from two of the best schools in the country; I was a Naval officer (LtCmdr) at a time when you could count the number of Black Naval officers on one hand (I distinctly remember not being able to go ashore in Australia because Blacks were prohibited from going on shore leave there and having to dress in civilian clothes in certain other European ports because, as an officer, I couldn't go to the designated Black enlisted men's clubs and as a Black, couldn't go to the designated all-White Officer's clubs).

Donny tries to paint me as the prototypical "angry Black man" (I won't speculate as to his motives); I'm not (Russ will attest to that), but I will concede that my life experiences over the last 70 odd years probably has made me a tad hypersensitive.

I don't think this forum is the proper venue for this discussion but since you brought it up, I thought it only fair that I be able to tell my side of it. I have no illusions about the attitudes on this board (that became pretty clear in the 'Mandela' post that Russ posted here), but having been a member here for over ten years, I still enjoy SOME of the music and equipment (and sometimes philosophical) discussions here on SZ. It is quite a microcosm of middle-aged American society (and the attitudes and values that they cling to).

Hope this clears the air about me and that I didn't offend anyone, as this was not my intent.

chas

#378828 - 12/20/13 06:12 AM Re: Quanza Songs?...................... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

The party went well, ......the guests that requested the Quanza songs were very appreciative, I was able to pepper the evening with them MP3 of course. Thanx everyone for the suggestions....

#378830 - 12/20/13 06:58 AM Re: Quanza Songs?...................... [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hi Donny, Could you tell us some of the songs you did at the Kwanza event? Thanks!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#378831 - 12/20/13 07:25 AM Re: Quanza Songs?...................... [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
Hi Donny, Could you tell us some of the songs you did at the Kwanza event? Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvnQQcyPojs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u5zJzf5PWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzrYUhMJZY0

#378835 - 12/20/13 08:19 AM Re: Quanza Songs?...................... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Sorry for the miss spelling Of Kwanza.

#378839 - 12/20/13 09:00 AM Re: Quanza Songs?...................... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Sorry for the miss spelling Of Kwanza.

KWANZAA....... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dam cell phone texting rolleyes

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >