SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#377785 - 12/10/13 09:27 PM MidJPro in the US?
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
When this will be available in the US?

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#377814 - 12/11/13 05:38 AM Re: MidJPro in the US? [Re: synerjim]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
The MidJay Pro has finally made its appearance in italian online stores; the price is 1850 euros (or 2533 USD) and there are (scarce) reports from the first buyers; they usually say that the instrumental tracks are not on same level as the drum track.
Personally, I think that I will buy a second hand (but mint) Audya 4.

#377895 - 12/11/13 06:32 PM Re: MidJPro in the US? [Re: synerjim]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Well, I am disappointed. I was so looking forward to the Midjay Pro but I was told that it is a different machine and not backward compatible with the Midjay Plus. I have hundreds of registrations and midi files that I don’t want to have to re-edit for use with the Midjay Pro. It took too long to re-edit the material for several Korg instruments from the i5M and i5S, to the i40M and i30 to the Roland RA800 and G-800 then to the GemXP and the PA1XPro and PA800 to then to Ketron Midjay and finally for the Midjay Plus (and SD1Plus). I would certainly like new sounds and styles but I don’t want to start from scratch again. I would consider the Audya 4, but the Plus is such a convenient size and weight that I hesitate making a change to a unit that is double the size, weight and price without offering double the benefits and features.

#377910 - 12/11/13 10:16 PM Re: MidJPro in the US? [Re: Jerry T]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
It's a compromise, there's a lot of great features on that small box based on the specs. I really like the sliders that controls the style parts, touch screen, multi-format player, voicetron, audio-based styles, guitar effects/modeling and many others. And since this is touch-screen based module, this can be upgraded with major changes not like hardware-based. I just wish it'll be available soon in the U.S.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#377912 - 12/12/13 12:38 AM Re: MidJPro in the US? [Re: Jerry T]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Originally Posted By: Jerry T
I would consider the Audya 4, but the Plus is such a convenient size and weight that I hesitate making a change to a unit that is double the size, weight and price without offering double the benefits and features.

Jerry,
I agree on the size and the weight, but with the Midjay Pro out here in Italy there are used Audya 4 on sale for 1600-1800 euros and I bet that the same will happen as soon as the Midjay arrives to USA. Besides, the Audya has five times more audio styles with much longer loops, audio guitars, etc.
All in all to me a second hand Audya 4 seems a better investment.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online