SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 11 12 >
Topic Options
#374830 - 11/11/13 12:44 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Chony all great points, ....but as always we have the choice to buy or not if it does or doesn't fill the p[layers needs and everyone has a different need. Some will upgrade, some will not, some dont have the funds and wish they did, some will wait a year or so to but cheaper, Tyros 5 can not please all.

#374832 - 11/11/13 12:47 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nicely put, Chony.

Prepare yourself for the usual Yamaha excuse of 'it's fine by me, I don't NEED those things'...

Of course all the time, a little voice inside is going 'but if it did, I would!'.

#374836 - 11/11/13 12:52 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Chony all great points, ....but as always we have the choice to buy or not if it does or doesn't fill the p[layers needs and everyone has a different need. Some will upgrade, some will not, some dont have the funds and wish they did, some will wait a year or so to but cheaper, Tyros 5 can not please all.

DNJ, your question was "what more could you ask for in an arranger KB and WHY may I ask?" and that is the question I tried to answer - and I believe I answered it well. If your question had been "if you don't like it why buy it", I would have answered differently.

The answer to your new question is that although the T5 is just an incremental upgrade to the T4 (as opposed to a giant leap), it is still an upgrade. I've already invested 10 or more years into the Tyros and it does have other advantages over the Korg -- so although I'm extremely disappointed and feel Yamaha has missed an opportunity to become the undisputed leader, I still have use for the new model.

#374844 - 11/11/13 01:08 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
A great point is a great point. Especially when it answers the question actually ASKED...

But it's nice to see a Yamaha user actually acknowledge the points. Hard to get any of them to pull their heads out of the sand...

#374847 - 11/11/13 01:31 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
All valid points.When it comes to sampling, why not adding akai or some other well known format for user samples.
Also we didn't hear new drum kits.Those once in demos are audio styles.And I believe for audio styles there is only 128 mb.
First impression for me is I think this is going to be same thing like with T3.Couple years later they came out with T4.

They said release date is today.But, there are too many questions unanswered.
Clearly Yamaha is going for a quick sale like this.The cat is still in the bag even though we saw a glimps of it.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#374848 - 11/11/13 01:36 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I read a post on the psrtutorial forum that says the audio pads DO loop. Not sure if it's true.
DonM

#374850 - 11/11/13 01:45 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I am completely on board here with Don and Chony. I don't buy any arranger because it has wonderful features unless those features fit into my gig needs. The onboard styles must support the music I play on gigs or the keyboard is not a wise
purchase for me. I think the T5 will be an outstanding instrument for either the home player looking for that polished complete sound or the person who does serious studio type recordings. Another group that will love the T5 are those who do nothing but multi-track recordings. I'll probably go back to the T4 or take a serious look at what Roland comes up with in the near future if the rumors are right. Who knows. I still have the S950 and Chony is right - some of the features advertised on the T5 or on my S950. Meanwhile, I'am really enjoying how much I can get from my Roland BK-9 - even though it frustrates the living H@@l out of me sometimes.

I think on this one I'll wait until I can actually sit down and play one.

Deane

#374855 - 11/11/13 02:04 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Yep, I heard from several people, besides yourself, Deane, that the BK-9 was a bit of a chore to master. That's the problem with each manufacturer doing things in what they seem to think is the best way.

You had it up for sale...are you planning on keeping it instead?

Ian

#374857 - 11/11/13 02:16 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
For me, the only reason to purchase another, newer keyboard is improved sounds and ease of use while performing live. I'm real comfortable with the S-950, at least thus far, and for the life of me I can't find a good reason to upgrade or change to another brand. On this particular issue, Fran and I have something in common. Fran and I both played the same arranger keyboard, different brands though, for a decade. We have all the work we can handle and our audiences love what we provide for them.

Something I always find interesting is the stock statements that something, some sound, etc..., just won't cut it for today's younger audiences. I especially hear that about Yamaha's MOTL and TOTL arrangers. Today, I fired up and performed Waking The Dog, and about 1/4-way through the song the entire kitchen staff came into the main Atrium and danced up a storm. Most were 20 to 30 years of age. I performed Hot Hot Hot and the same youngsters formed a Conga Line and the older folks joined them, parading and dancing around the room and loving life. I guess this is about as young a crowd as I've performed for lately. Yes, the older crowd enjoyed it as well. I love being an entertainer - it's the best damned job I've ever had.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (11/11/13 02:17 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#374864 - 11/11/13 03:10 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: DonM]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Originally Posted By: DonM

I think the vocal hits or yells are hokey and not really usable much in many real situations.
DonM

Don, pardon my lack of knowledge of the Tyros, never having owned one, but I assumed that use of those "hokey hits or yells" was optional. I thought that you could mute those out via the sliders. Does it not work that way? I would not want to be forced to use them if I did not want them On the other hand, I might have a very limited use of them as a novelty, or maybe someone else has use for them so it's good for them. Please let me know if I can mute those sounds when not wanted. It could be awkward and a disadvantage if they're not mutable. Thanks Hal (Tyros Newbie)

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online