SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 10 11 12
Topic Options
#376064 - 11/22/13 02:06 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Ensnareyou]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Ensnareyou

Sorry to hear you'll make no effort to see a Wersi in person and that's a shame. Had I been that myopic in my search I'd never have purchased most of the studio gear I own.

Well, I suppose if I was to hear and see the product perform as you seem to think it does, but the demos I have heard wouldn't make me want to get off the couch and go see it, even if it was at the house next door.

The only truly encouraging words are from you and Abacus (Billy), and they are only "words" not actual music being played on the actual instruments by either one of you, who can only "talk the talk, not walk the walk".

I am glad for you both that you are pleased with what you play, but please don't expect me, or any others here, to share your enthusiasm about a product that was never sold, demonstrated, or barely even heard of where we live.

Ian

#376069 - 11/22/13 02:49 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Ensnareyou

Sorry to hear you'll make no effort to see a Wersi in person and that's a shame. Had I been that myopic in my search I'd never have purchased most of the studio gear I own.

Well, I suppose if I was to hear and see the product perform as you seem to think it does, but the demos I have heard wouldn't make me want to get off the couch and go see it, even if it was at the house next door.

The only truly encouraging words are from you and Abacus (Billy), and they are only "words" not actual music being played on the actual instruments by either one of you, who can only "talk the talk, not walk the walk".

I am glad for you both that you are pleased with what you play, but please don't expect me, or any others here, to share your enthusiasm about a product that was never sold, demonstrated, or barely even heard of where we live.

Ian

Well there is one thing i know about Wersi owners, they never change instruments... They stick to oas. And whil the abacus pro was much more expensive back then, people that bought one ten years ago are still very happy with it...

Even more interesting is that overhere in Holland, an upgraded abacus with the latest hardware ( which is cheap pc hardware) sells for almost the same price it was sold new about ten years ago.

But then they are very rare 2nd hand market, as noboddy sells theirs.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#376072 - 11/22/13 03:14 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Most organ players (Who play Roland) say the Roland Atelier range are the most advanced organs on the market (They had expression voices and Super Natural Sounds ages before the Roland keyboards did) yet you try and find any users posting their playing anywhere, yet there are a boat load of Lowrey owners posting (Using what is supposed to be old technology) without problems, likewise there are plenty of Wersi posts out there.

If you compare the size and probable sales of the company’s, you will find percentage wise that more Wersi owners post than Yamaha owners. (Also as the main market for Wersi is Europe, that’s the type of music most owners play, hence the posts do not go down too well in the US which is not that fond of European music)

Bill

#376074 - 11/22/13 03:53 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus

If you compare the size and probable sales of the company’s, you will find percentage wise that more Wersi owners post than Yamaha owners.

I suppose.

We have two very enthusiastic Wersi owners on SZ who have raved about how terrific and advanced their Abacus arrangers are compared to the usual fare we have here on SZ of Yamaha, Korg and Audya, yet they have never posted demos of their own beloved instruments and the music they create with them.

Is it because they are so far ahead of what the rest of us play and you don't want to hurt our feelings?

Try us, and let us form our own opinion. What do you have to lose if you are so confident they are so far ahead?

Now's your opportunity for both of you (or even one of you) to end any SZ skepticism once and for all.

Who knows? You just might make a few converts.

Ian

#376077 - 11/22/13 04:22 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
There are some things I've noticed that the most respected SZ members just don't do.

1. Feel compelled to respond to each and every post.
2. Spend inordinate amounts of time trying to find new ways to BAIT people.
3. Pretending to be 'mr. nice guy' while constantly stirring up crap.

Please don't respond unless this profile fits you.

chas

#376080 - 11/22/13 04:49 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

Well there is one thing i know about Wersi owners, they never change instruments... They stick to oas. And whil the abacus pro was much more expensive back then, people that bought one ten years ago are still very happy with it...

Even more interesting is that overhere in Holland, an upgraded abacus with the latest hardware ( which is cheap pc hardware) sells for almost the same price it was sold new about ten years ago.

But then they are very rare 2nd hand market, as noboddy sells theirs.

That's how it appears, Bachus, and, because the instrument has all the commonness of a Yeti, we can only rely on the skills and the willingness of our SZ'ers who own them, to show us, and let us hear why they hold on to these instruments for so long.

What better way to come to understand the instrument's lure, and subsequent staying power? Why not hear what it has done for the music of two very long term owners?

Have you ever played an Abacus?

Have you ever played any current Wersi instrument like the Pegasus?

Ian

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 10 11 12

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online