SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 28 of 37 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37 >
Topic Options
#374355 - 11/06/13 10:34 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ian, if you can't find anything to improve on the arranger you have, I guess you should thank God there's someone at Yamaha that CAN..!

And sorry, but no-one is inventing things wrong with the T5. It is a FACT that you can't loop the audio on the multipads on an S950, and no ad copy from Yamaha themselves indicates that they added it for the T5.

It is a FACT you cannot quickly load in new audio drum styles on the S950, and few have been made available, and once again, there isn't word ONE about being able to quickly load in more in the T5.

I don't need to invent faults, Ian. Yamaha provide them for me to point out. As do Roland. And the faults on my arrangers don't stop me enjoying using it, any more than Yamaha's faults (which you know better than anyone, you are just less willing to discuss them) stop you.

#374360 - 11/06/13 11:08 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Diki,

I was referring to me inventing faults on my Tyros4...not the Tyros5 or S950...duh!

I can't help it if the instrument is exactly what I want.

Just so you are aware, I've already acknowledged my feelings about the S950 elsewhere, and regarding Tyros5, I plan on actually hearing and playing one and/or reading the manual, before making any comments on how the instrument performs.

Carry on, Sunshine.

Ian

#374361 - 11/06/13 11:11 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"East is East and West is West and never the twain shall meet" . . . Rudyard Kipling. In this case Canada and Florida! smile
DonM

#374365 - 11/06/13 12:39 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
ianmcnll Offline

How true, Don...sometimes we are lucky enough to find ourselves living in a place that we feel is just about the nicest spot on earth...this little island of Cape Breton is a part of Canada that is as good as it gets.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCuHAyrelBo

And sometimes we happen to wind up with a keyboard that just does all that we need, and we can get off that merry-go-round of constantly looking for the next model that'll make things complete. For me it was the Tyros4.

I'm very fortunate to have found both.

Ian

#374382 - 11/06/13 11:25 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Diki, you're on the ball. So glad to see someone else pointing out the issues that you are. Mainly the fixable ones like multipad looping and time stretching. Most people here have no idea of the potential power - to them a Tyros is just a more expensive PSR. I have almost a GB of audio multipads on my T4 that I use at gigs - mainly sax, brass and guitar riffs and solos I paid thousands of dollars to professionally record. Nothing adds realism like my audio multipads. Problem is on the s950 (and probably te T5), you can't trigger them to start at the biginning of the next measure - which can lead to inaccurate timing. And you can't loop. Also I'm at a complete loss to understand why Yamaha puts effort into so many things but neglects the drums ...

I do plan to launch an intense lobbying campaign if my fears over the multipads are true. Happy to see I have at least one person with me...

#374385 - 11/07/13 01:25 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Official press release

He's coming, the successor of the Yamaha Tyros 4.
The Keyboard that really can do anything ... and beyond

Interesting smile

#374386 - 11/07/13 01:45 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: kla4]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Originally Posted By: kla4
hmmm .... funny, This thread is called "Tyros 5 info" but it is mainly filled with posts about other brand instruments where people promote their current ones laugh

Those members ought to start a new thread: Why I like/love "xxx"...

Jørgen

#374388 - 11/07/13 04:38 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: joso]
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Hi Jørgen,

Yes I agree, but they don't. This is the main reason I (more or less) left this great discussion site.
Did you already order the T5?

#374389 - 11/07/13 05:15 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
ianmcnll Offline

More popcorn available in the lobby...

Four...count 'em. FOUR! Only four days left to wait.

Ian

#374405 - 11/07/13 09:47 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I simply don't understand Yamaha people. Here we have not only the S950, but now the $5000 T5, with the potential to be able to do USER audio loops in sync with their styles, and where is the outcry that Yamaha forgot to add any loop capability and synced triggering?

There are more people pointing this out and saying it ought to be added as an update (it doesn't require any additional hardware or front panel buttons) that play other arrangers (that can do this) than there are Yamaha users crying out for it.

It seems we have two different possibilities for this... Either very few with a Yamaha can see the possibilities and potential of being easily able to import audio loops they got from the Internet (millions out there), or bought commercially (millions more), and having them loop and play along with their arranger. Do they really lack THAT degree of imagination? Something most WS's have been able to do for over a decade.

Or are they so defensive about their manufacturer that they dare not acknowledge this massive misstep? Which begs the question... As the best selling brand of arrangers, why do they feel the NEED to be so defensive..? What is it about Yamaha owners that silences them when it comes to pointing out the few blunders Yamaha make? Why does something so easily fixed, and so radically powerful when it comes to changing the sound of arranger playing and leaping forward to the 21st century sound of today get almost no complaints at all?

Strangely, you really don't hear owners of other brands closing ranks to stay silent about obvious missteps... which, if you are maybe concerned about hurting sales and reputation, they probably need to more than mighty Yamaha needs it!

Only Yamaha seems to gather users more determined to publicly accept mistakes, go well out of their way to find arcane and usually patently transparently excuses for these missteps, or simply be defiant and make the absurd statements like they don't NEED any improvement...

Guys... I've got news for you. If you WANT audio loops on multipads that stay in sync with the arranger, you'll get it a LOT faster if you write about it, ask Yamaha why they DIDN'T add a stupidly simple loop capability, and make enough noise to get it pronto. Do you REALLY like all the other brands capable of this and your (including a $5000 arranger) still incapable of it?

And if you don't want this.... yikes!

Page 28 of 37 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online