SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 16 of 37 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 36 37 >
Topic Options
#373810 - 10/30/13 02:26 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Beemer]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Actually, since he is dutch, the correct name is Michel Voncken.
Just to clarify... smile

#373825 - 10/30/13 08:26 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tony, I didn't have PA2x, but the screen on PA3 is plenty large enough for me. I have all the lyrics saved to the internal drive and many are linked to Songbook entries. I seldom actually use them, but they are there for requests and songs I don't do often.
Sure, bigger would be better, but I much prefer the PA3X touch screen to the large Tyros screen that doesn't have touch.
Neither is a deal breaker, but the total package is still leaving me happy until something better comes along.
I'm actually thinking Korg is due for a new TOTL before too long. Hope I'm still around to check it out!
DonM

#373826 - 10/30/13 08:45 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Dnj Offline

has anyone asked themselves
"Will the new T5 make me play Better then I do now"? I would think for most including myself the answer would be a resounding "NO" if your being honest. After all isn't that the most important thing?
Yes its nice to imagine the latest and greatest will allow me magical abilities but more so it's just new styles that sound different to your ears....and the solo sounds aren't too much changed,... much less be able to play them CORRECTLY SA etc...more so what you have now is much more then enough for what your doing musically... but who cares right? it's only money and life is too short to dilly dally....carry on.

#373829 - 10/30/13 09:01 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
124 Offline

True, but we all like a new toy now and again, Donny.

Don, I'm with you 100%. Never had a problem with my Pa1xPro touchscreen.

#373833 - 10/30/13 09:29 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Steve... the Roland BK-9 has a pretty comprehensive sequencer, plus one take 'capture' of your arranger performance.

However, despite this, I am not a fan of trying to do everything 'inside the box'. I usually create the arranger capture inside the box, then save as an SMF and take it over to a computer sequencer for editing and polishing. Not necessarily because the computer is that much better (although there are a few tricks I haven't yet seen in a hardware sequencer), but simply because the display is that much more readable and usable...

You can choose to work on your music on a tiny 4-5" screen, or a nice 27"... I know which is more comfortable! Not to mention, things like drag and drop and multi-lane display are just not possible 'in the box'.

It has been a LONG time since working in the box felt comfortable to me. It's not that I CAN'T edit in the arranger, but when such a comfortable, powerful alternative exists, why deny yourself?

#373857 - 10/30/13 05:10 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Dnj Offline

Over ten thousand views and people would it will sell? Lolol

#373887 - 10/31/13 06:14 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Care to translate that into English, Donny? smoke

#373890 - 10/31/13 06:31 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Care to translate that into English, Donny? smoke

Dam cell text lol,......anyway Im sure you get the message of the power of Tyros rocker ......
I believe the T5 76/61 will outsell any arranger keyboard ever made to this point period!! clap

#373892 - 10/31/13 06:55 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Diki Offline

Could you be more giddy? LOL

The Tyros line has NEVER been the best selling arranger ever made, and this one won't, either.

How many people you think GOT $5000 to blow these days? Not even the PSR S950 is the best selling arranger. And that sells a LOT more than the Tyros.

Truth is some low level arranger like the PSR-E423 is likely the best selling arranger... at $229, it probably sits in more kids' bedrooms than any Tyros sits in their grandparents' living rooms.

Pro users of arrangers don't even BEGIN to factor into the picture!

#373893 - 10/31/13 07:37 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Pro users of arrangers don't even BEGIN to factor into the picture!

So now your saying PROS don't use tyros that much either? confused1 I don't use one due to its size in previous models not cost as with any other "investment tool" for a pro player that would certainly make you a profit over cost many times over,. IF this new T5 (61) fits my needs I will surly buy one, we'll see when it's released. Just the fact that people have been crying for a 76 Tyros will bump sales into the stratosphere for sure, not to mention all the new wonderful features that I'm sure will be shown very very soon,......
lets just wait and see shall we? cool2

Page 16 of 37 < 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online