SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#37390 - 11/18/10 11:47 PM Another Audya for sale??
skude Offline

My Audya may be for sale in January. This makes me sad, but I'm not sure if I can take anymore. When everything works I love this KB, but this week I have had two dropouts of left voice (not left channel) and one INT. PHASE ERROR which means no output. Doing all these restarts makes me very nerveous. Since many people have problems I was hoping there would be a fix for this, but I'm not so sure anymore. Hate to start doing my work all over again, maybe with a new OS. Hope that Korg comes up with something good, since I know that OS a little. If not, I may look more into the T4. Time will tell. Maybe a fix from Ketron will be the big xmas gift.
skude

#37391 - 11/19/10 12:52 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Tonewheeldude Offline

Skude. Have you sent your distributor the results of a checksum test? If your Audya were sent into me for repair the first thing I would do is format the hard disk, reload the drive and flash memory.

I need to correct you on something - "many people" do not have a problem, you have to remember that on a forum such as this the only people that write in (apart from the core members) are those with issues that their retailer or distributor have not resolved.

#37392 - 11/19/10 02:19 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
skude Offline

TWD
You know my situation, and that's why I'm holding back sending my Audya to the dealer.
It's out of warranty, not even bought from them, guess it will cost me a lot, pluss expencive shipping. And what if the KB sits at the repair senter for a week working fine, than what will they do, send it back. I have had some bad experience with that from before. (not Ketron). If Ketron knows how to fix I.E. the error message, why not just say we need to send it to the repair senter, instead we are told to check connectors, change soundboads, mainboards etc. do that mean they really don't know or what. Yes, I do have plans to contact the repair senter before I do anything, even if I sell it I couldn't do that without knowing it was OK from the repair senter. I have not sent them any checksum test, Ketron Italy told me that a checksum test error wasn't a real error. Your way of doing things, like format and reloading could be the way to go. If it was possible to get a repair manual for the Audya I guess a local repair could be just as good as sending it away for weeks. Why do the Left Voice drop out? This is something that started sometime after the update, and is a "new" one for me. Anyway, I'm very busy rest of the year and also in january so we'll see what to do. A restart usually helps for the rest of the day/night.
Thanks
skude

#37393 - 11/19/10 04:15 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Tonewheeldude,

Let me correct you on something. Many people DO have a problem with this board, they just choose not to publish it here on this public forum.

The Ketron Audya in my opinion is NOT ready for prime time. It is an unfinished piece of work with very low quality. I know this FIRST hand.

Please don't diminish the problems folks are having with their Audya's. This board clearly wins the battle of the top of the line arrangers in the poor quality, unreliable category. A performer can NOT take a chance performing LIVE with this board. It is unreliable. I don't care how YOU spin it. A musician should not have to spend time troubleshooting or debugging or taking apart their instrument.

They should be spending time working on songs, promoting their business, bookings, etc. Not fiddle farting with connectors, OS reloads, resets, shipping back to a distributor. That is just plain crap.

The support here in the states is horrible. When I had trouble with a new purchase I was told to call an individual to assist, but only on Monday's and Tuesdays as that is the only day they can support me. WHAT?!!!! Are you kidding me?

The operating system doesn't seem finished. The Style making tools are prehistoric, the manual and user guide is deplorable. Even doing simple things like midi connections on the Audya 4 are not discussed anywhere in the manual? How is the user supposed to know you have to map Midi Channel 1 to the Global Parameter to trigger the Accompanyment section of the Audya 4? Where in the manual is that stated? I could go on and on about the issues I found with this board, but I don't out of respect for my local retailer who needs to make a living.

This board needs to be removed from the market until all issues with it are resolved, no if's, and's or but's!!!!

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 11-19-2010).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#37394 - 11/19/10 06:40 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Skude:

You have had the patience of a Saint with your Audya!

WE ALL can understand the frustrations you've experienced with the endless problems.

Let me start by saying, any errors reported in the Check Sum ARE ERRORS and they MUST be FIXED!

When I upgraded the sounds and the OS (4.1B) on my machine the Check Sum Error I had in KET09 was gone. Unfortunately, I can't explain how the error was actually corrected.

Since I found my connection problem, my Main Left Channel Out Problem is also GONE!

My Audya has performed ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for almost a month now!

My patience paid off and I realize this machine IS capable of functioning WITHOUT PROBLEMS!

You all know I had my share of them!

My suggestion would be, contact Frank and see if he can get Ketron to pay for all costs involved with shipping and repairing OR replacing your Audya once and for all!!

Ketron OWES you at least that much after having a year and a half of nothing but problems!

Again, I repeat, MY AUDYA has performed Flawlessly so I know there is Hope for Yours.

I've put in a ton of hours playing five and six nights and practicing during the day in the last month. It's performed PERFECT!

I even left my Tyros home one night and played a job just with the Audya. I had a great time ( Without The Worry ) and really didn't miss the Tyros.

We all would be Thrilled for you to report the same outcome as I just did!

Call Frank!

Good Luck!

Jim

#37395 - 11/19/10 07:27 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
skude Offline

Jim
I'm really happy that your Audya is working fine. I know you gig every day and the worst is not beeing able to trust your KB. I only gig weekends, only a few mid week gigs. From sunday - friday I have my Audya set up in my little studio, and I play it every day. It can play fine for a day, two days a week even two weeks. Then all of a sudden without moving it or doing anything special, turning on, left voice is gone, restart OK. Then working fine all day, then next day or maybe more, exit button lights and no outputs, restart and it's fine. It makes me go nuts. I will not bother Frank with more problems, he's a great guy, the best dealer I know. He even offered me a new KB back then, but me beeing far away not much he can do. The UK dealer helped me a lot and got Ketron Italy to send me lots of new parts, almost everything inside. After the last update things went much better, but still these issues that I'm not happy about. As I said I'm very busy the comming months, so I will decide on what to do in January. This, and next month I do many gigs with a full band, and then I normally use my Korg. But from this weekend I will use the Audya in the band, let's see how it goes. Korg will be the backup.
BTW Great CD.
Thanks
skude

#37396 - 11/19/10 10:38 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Am I right or wrong in my opinion that ketron used a Pentium 3 processer when in fact pentium 4 was available during the design of this keyboard.
Is this perhaps the reason we are all having so many bugs and faults on the Audya?
I know of at least 5 here in Ireland with bad problems and all the dealer will tell us is that they have to be sent back. And , this is coming up to Xmas when theres good money to be made for Xmas gigs and parties. How can anyone make a decision to wait maybe 6 weeks for a unit to be shipped to Italy?.
Its all very well that some dealers here are spouting the line--oH your dealer should replace your keyboard while your own is away--some chance!! And anyway, no one has the time to spend weeks setting up sounds and registerations again.
This is incredible after spending massive money for a keyboard. If this was any other product it would or should be withdrawn until the faults are found and fixed in every single unit they sold!!

People are too soft on ketron --thats why they get away with it
!!

#37397 - 11/19/10 11:30 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
Jim
I'm really happy that your Audya is working fine. I know you gig every day and the worst is not beeing able to trust your KB. I only gig weekends, only a few mid week gigs. From sunday - friday I have my Audya set up in my little studio, and I play it every day. It can play fine for a day, two days a week even two weeks. Then all of a sudden without moving it or doing anything special, turning on, left voice is gone, restart OK. Then working fine all day, then next day or maybe more, exit button lights and no outputs, restart and it's fine. It makes me go nuts. I will not bother Frank with more problems, he's a great guy, the best dealer I know. He even offered me a new KB back then, but me beeing far away not much he can do. The UK dealer helped me a lot and got Ketron Italy to send me lots of new parts, almost everything inside. After the last update things went much better, but still these issues that I'm not happy about. As I said I'm very busy the comming months, so I will decide on what to do in January. This, and next month I do many gigs with a full band, and then I normally use my Korg. But from this weekend I will use the Audya in the band, let's see how it goes. Korg will be the backup.
BTW Great CD.
Thanks
skude

Skude,

Have you checked those CSUM yet, it only takes about 5 mins please do it.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#37398 - 11/19/10 11:59 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty 999:
Am I right or wrong in my opinion that ketron used a Pentium 3 processer when in fact pentium 4 was available during the design of this keyboard.
Is this perhaps the reason we are all having so many bugs and faults on the Audya?
I know of at least 5 here in Ireland with bad problems and all the dealer will tell us is that they have to be sent back. And , this is coming up to Xmas when theres good money to be made for Xmas gigs and parties. How can anyone make a decision to wait maybe 6 weeks for a unit to be shipped to Italy?.
Its all very well that some dealers here are spouting the line--oH your dealer should replace your keyboard while your own is away--some chance!! And anyway, no one has the time to spend weeks setting up sounds and registerations again.
This is incredible after spending massive money for a keyboard. If this was any other product it would or should be withdrawn until the faults are found and fixed in every single unit they sold!!

People are too soft on ketron --thats why they get away with it
!!

Rusty,

Perhaps we are all soft, sometimes it comes with the nationality, but what ever happens Ketron have no intention of ever having a KB sent back to Italy, thats a pipe dream, it's too big, the box has been thrown away etc, if Ketron deal with bum dealers who will not fix faulty KBs then you are goosed. You must also understand that most dealers know very little about electronics or PCs they just bumble along, perhaps they should stick to T4 where most countries have a big main dealer, big clear manual lots of backup and tech, so there is your answer.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#37399 - 11/19/10 12:00 PM Re: Another Audya for sale??
skude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Skude,

Tony
Check Sum are all OK
skude

#37400 - 11/19/10 01:25 PM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Tony
Check Sum are all OK
skude

So where the hell do you go from here!!

#37401 - 11/19/10 01:27 PM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Isn't there a warranty time of 2 years,European regulations of consumer goods.
I have 3 Years warranty on my Tyros 3,just normal here in the nether lands.

Impuls

#37402 - 11/19/10 01:32 PM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Impuls:
Isn't there a warranty time of 2 years,European regulations of consumer goods.
I have 3 Years warranty on my Tyros 3,just normal here in the nether lands.

Impuls

The Tyros range won't go wrong that's why the long warranty.

#37403 - 11/20/10 07:52 PM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Good question---is it a 2 year warranty on Audya?
Rusty

#37404 - 11/20/10 11:27 PM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty 999:
Good question---is it a 2 year warranty on Audya?
Rusty

Only one year on the Audya

#37405 - 11/21/10 12:47 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Quote:
Skude,

Tony,
can you explain to me what mean that CSUM,maby I shell neadet some day....

#37406 - 11/21/10 01:54 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dusan:
Tony,
can you explain to me what mean that CSUM,maby I shell neadet some day....

Dusan,

This is CheckSum error test that can be carried out on the Audya, holding down F1 and turning on, do you not know about this, I thought everybody did, CSUM is just a short form way of typing it.

#37407 - 11/21/10 02:11 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Quote:
Dusan,

This is CheckSum error test that can be carried out on the Audya, holding down F1 and turning on, do you not know about this, I thought everybody did, CSUM is just a short form way of typing it.

Oh,yes I must to know that.That short form caracters is hard to anderstand sometimes.
Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Dusan (edited 11-21-2010).]

#37408 - 11/21/10 03:53 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
My Audya may be for sale in January.....

How much are you willing to pay to get rid of it?
Just joking, but they sure don't sell easily, and those who sold at Finn.no (local e-bay type of site)
sure had to lower price a lot compared to retailers listing.
Btw, there are 1 Audya advertised at Finn just now...

Hope you manage to repair the one you have properly, because Audya sure sounds GREAT!

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#37409 - 11/21/10 07:22 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
How much are you willing to pay to get rid of it?
Just joking, but they sure don't sell easily, and those who sold at Finn.no (local e-bay type of site)
sure had to lower price a lot compared to retailers listing.
Btw, there are 1 Audya advertised at Finn just now...

Hope you manage to repair the one you have properly, because Audya sure sounds GREAT!

Cheers
GJ

Jonny,

I think you are right, an Audya in the UK must be worth about £1500 to £2000 max

#37410 - 11/22/10 12:18 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
skude Offline

Audya worked fine saturday, but another INT. PHASE ERROR this morning.
GJ, Even after a full "service" on the Audya, a buyer will not be easy to find.
I just checked the price on the one for sale, OMG you are close to the truth. Soon my PA800 is worth the same
skude

[This message has been edited by skude (edited 11-22-2010).]

[This message has been edited by skude (edited 11-22-2010).]

#37411 - 11/22/10 12:35 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Tonewheeldude Offline

Skude, just had a thought. It might not help at all.

Three suggestions, probably none will help you though:
1) Turn your PA/mixer on first and wait until it powers up properly before turning on the Audya

2) We had a problem with an instrument in our showroom last year. (not an Audya) sometimes when we turned it on it was ok, others it would not initilize, sometimes it would lock up on us. We tried all sorts to repair it and no matter what we replaced the problem still existed.

I noticed something that gave the game away though. When the instrument was on, and I gently rubbed my hand across the metal parts there was a very light, almost not noticable buzzing sensation through my fingertips. if the instrument was unplugged the sensation disapeared. I did an Earth test on the AC Wall socket (simple plug in device with 4 LED's on), and found the earth was poorly bonded. I repaired the socket and the problem disapeared completely.

3) We were contacted by an Audya owner who had intermittant note hang problems. We suggested he buy a surge protector and his Audya has been fine ever since.

4) Do you still have the spare Hard Drive that Tony sent you? If you do, send it (or perferably the original Audya drive) to me and i'll clone it to version 4.1B. I still think all your problems are related to your files and not a hardware issue.

As for selling, I watch ebay for Audya's, they do not come up often (there have only been four that I know of since it was released) the last one to sell was in Northern Ireland (item number 220693165930 ) and was collection only which would seriously affects the price, also it was a grey import and had a German manual. It sold for £2153.

One of our dealers sold an ex demo unit on ebay for around £3600.

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 11-22-2010).]

#37412 - 11/22/10 02:22 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
skude Offline

TWD
Thanks very much!
I will try and do what you say, usually I have PA turned ON, the mixer is not ON. Then I turn ON the Audya and wait until it's done loading then I turn on the mixer. What I notice is that sometimes I get the error message or loose left voice even if the KB is not connected to a PA, no cables. This can happen using grounded or not grounded AC. I still have the HD I got from Tony. The HD in the Audya came from Ketron IT. installed with OS3.0 which I updated with the new OS. I also think that this has something to do with some bad files. If it's ok with you I will e-mail you
Thanks
skude

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online