SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#37410 - 11/22/10 12:18 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
skude Offline

Audya worked fine saturday, but another INT. PHASE ERROR this morning.
GJ, Even after a full "service" on the Audya, a buyer will not be easy to find.
I just checked the price on the one for sale, OMG you are close to the truth. Soon my PA800 is worth the same
skude

[This message has been edited by skude (edited 11-22-2010).]

[This message has been edited by skude (edited 11-22-2010).]

#37411 - 11/22/10 12:35 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
Tonewheeldude Offline

Skude, just had a thought. It might not help at all.

Three suggestions, probably none will help you though:
1) Turn your PA/mixer on first and wait until it powers up properly before turning on the Audya

2) We had a problem with an instrument in our showroom last year. (not an Audya) sometimes when we turned it on it was ok, others it would not initilize, sometimes it would lock up on us. We tried all sorts to repair it and no matter what we replaced the problem still existed.

I noticed something that gave the game away though. When the instrument was on, and I gently rubbed my hand across the metal parts there was a very light, almost not noticable buzzing sensation through my fingertips. if the instrument was unplugged the sensation disapeared. I did an Earth test on the AC Wall socket (simple plug in device with 4 LED's on), and found the earth was poorly bonded. I repaired the socket and the problem disapeared completely.

3) We were contacted by an Audya owner who had intermittant note hang problems. We suggested he buy a surge protector and his Audya has been fine ever since.

4) Do you still have the spare Hard Drive that Tony sent you? If you do, send it (or perferably the original Audya drive) to me and i'll clone it to version 4.1B. I still think all your problems are related to your files and not a hardware issue.

As for selling, I watch ebay for Audya's, they do not come up often (there have only been four that I know of since it was released) the last one to sell was in Northern Ireland (item number 220693165930 ) and was collection only which would seriously affects the price, also it was a grey import and had a German manual. It sold for £2153.

One of our dealers sold an ex demo unit on ebay for around £3600.

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 11-22-2010).]

#37412 - 11/22/10 02:22 AM Re: Another Audya for sale??
skude Offline

TWD
Thanks very much!
I will try and do what you say, usually I have PA turned ON, the mixer is not ON. Then I turn ON the Audya and wait until it's done loading then I turn on the mixer. What I notice is that sometimes I get the error message or loose left voice even if the KB is not connected to a PA, no cables. This can happen using grounded or not grounded AC. I still have the HD I got from Tony. The HD in the Audya came from Ketron IT. installed with OS3.0 which I updated with the new OS. I also think that this has something to do with some bad files. If it's ok with you I will e-mail you
Thanks
skude

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online